[[CHANGING Trends! Star Plus: facilitator?]]

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
   CHANGING TRENDS
                              StarPlus: Facilitator?

Time has always been changing and so have the trends which mark its dominance over everything! We have come from the paleolithic age to the modrnised, industrialised world. Once, we had human beings, Homo Sapiens [CORRECTION: Once, we had been human beings or Homo Sapiens] living in forests like the animals did and wandering here and there in search for an aim! It sounds funny, but there was nothing at that time. No things which the human could have said rightfully his own! Everything was free, as it was. There were no restrictions and nothing! Go where you want to. Live where you want to. Eat what you want to! Even the people lived naked. Why? because there was no cloth at that time. 
Anyways, slowly times changed and today we live in a rather civilised world. Each and every knowledge which we possess today has been derived by our earliest ancestors only! We slowly contributed to this and today the whole world has shrinked to become a global village. So, this is the best example ever of how times change and how do the trends change along with them!

INDIAN TELEVISION

Some years back, Indian television witnessed a noticeable upraise in the number of  channels palying daily soaps covering a huge arena of the lifestyle of the middle class and the upper class of Indian Society. Most of these daily soaps, placed saas-bahu dramas in front of the already enthusiastic audience! This was welcomed whole-heartily by our audience because even that was new for that time. The trends had changed.

STAR PLUS

Star Plus played a big role in the presentation of such serials for the Indian Society which had access to the then precious appliance, a T.V. Wave after wave of serials were introduced which claimed to aim at the inculcation of family and traditional values in the audience by entertaining means. The level of excitement and applaud they received can be estimated by the facts that viewers, specially ladies were ready to leave their household chores to watch their favourite serials. 
When it comes to the saas-bahu serials of Star Plus, one name ought to be marked and that is the serial queen, 'Ekta Kapoor'! She brought about a revolution and the TRPs of the channel were constantly high at those times. Some of the notable serials were Kahani Ghar Ghar ki, Kyunki.. saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, Kasauti Zindagi ki, Kumkum etc. These extensively famous soaps gave rise to a new building up of taste in the viewers and that was the taste of family soaps with lots of unrealistic things even which could not be possibly seen for miles away from the fence of real life. 
But, this reign terminated and then came a new wave. The trends changed again! Star Plus along with its new tagline, Rishta wahi, Soch nayi introduced a clear-cut concept of its ideology and the shows it was going to present in the near future. 

RECENT TRENDS

Now, we are witnessing absolutely new programmes with high varieties between their themes, backgrounds and concepts. Whereas, Ye Rishta Kya kehlata hai, goes on inculcating values of family and living together which symbolise the influence of Indian culture, Iss Pyaar Ko kya Naam Doon, a relatively more free concept show, focuses on love and deniance, making it priamrily a youth show. Not stopping here, star plus has Saath Nibhana Saathiya showing the difference of views in cousins who lives together and received however same company and their future troubles and lessons as they enter the same house as daughter-in-laws. Further, recently launched, Diya aur Bati hum, is an entirely new concept with a story set on the backdrop of Rajasthan. It  basically depicts the nature of the society that how it admires the women who support their husbands in their life but bashes the husbands who stand for their wife or support them and tags them with labels like 'joru ka gulaam; etc. Next in this line was the show 'Ek Hazaron mein meri behna hai'. The story being of an impeccably beautiful town of North India, in the state of Uttarakhand, that is Hrishikesh, shows the emotional bonding of two sister who had been orphaned in their lovely childhoods. Their real conquest begins when one of them gets married and goes off. 

The newest and probably the most different in this chain is the very recent launch 'Ruk Jana Nahin'!⭐️ The show actually describes very perfectly the changing trends of the channel. Being the story of a brave, smart and courageous girl Sanchi who at the same time, stands for truth and what is right, the soap is expected to attract thousands towards itself. its tagline, 'takat ka samna tarkeeb se' itself is a very significant one in telling us about the concept of the show. The show actually is set to show us the very happening cases of real life. The show has been launched at a time when the whole nation is flooding with thoughts of revolution and such things and this has set a pace for the show.👏 So, the question is, 

IS STAR PLUS GOING TO PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN THE EVER-CHANGING TRENDS OF INDIAN SERIALS?😛

No offence intended to anyone.😆
The views are solely my own!😳

: Sanji

Edited by Sanjana712 - 12 years ago
No comments??? woowww... 😭
I agree with you. Well said.
I really hope SP play a major role in the EVER-CHANGING TRENDS OF INDIAN SERIALS
I find the definition of "homo sapiens" a cliche.   The Darwinian theory is already on the way out.   If one who calls himself civilized, were forced to live alone in a forest, what would he do?   Even if he is very intelligent, he will find himself at a loss to find shelter.   After a time, his clothes will wear off, and his primary need would be to feed himself.  He will not find his rice, dhal or roti, so what will he do ?    I was given this challenge, when my eyes were bandaged for 16 days, and I had to live in darkness, while convalescing from the eye operation.    I came to the conclusion, that for shelter, I would not be able to build anything, as I was alone, and even though I knew how to make bricks of mud, I would not have the tools.  So my decision was same as  the cave man, and I took shelter in a caver.   For food, I did not have fast food service, so I had to hunt for berries, and other fruits.   How would I know which were not poisonous ?   I would watch animals, who fed on them, and if they did not die, neither would I.   Fire, I would hit stones, and burn dry leaves, and for fish, I would look for them in streams, and see how the bigger one fed on the smaller ones, and learn to  catch them and roast on the burning leaves, and eat the flesh.    Thus I realized, that I was doing the same things as the men in the stone age, as shown in the text books, this made me think, that even they in those days had intelligence, but no tools.   This invention of tools took time, and the measure of civilization is  in the advance in tool making.

Even if we pride ourselves to be living in a modern age, we are helpless, when our tools stop to function, and then we need other intelligent people to repair them.    It is nice to know, intelligent people need relaxation and the modern tool for that is the television, and intelligent people in Star Plus offer us this.   But they too are not perfect.   In the serials you mentioned, you did not notice one, which is the best in my opinion, and that is Sapno se Bhare Naina, and it comes at an odd time, thanks to the intelligent people in Star Plus.

All trends even though they may be desirable are still wanting.   One has to constantly try and improve.
Originally posted by walquest2000

I find the definition of "homo sapiens" a cliche.   The Darwinian theory is already on the way out.   If one who calls himself civilized, were forced to live alone in a forest, what would he do?   Even if he is very intelligent, he will find himself at a loss to find shelter.   After a time, his clothes will wear off, and his primary need would be to feed himself.  He will not find his rice, dhal or roti, so what will he do ?    I was given this challenge, when my eyes were bandaged for 16 days, and I had to live in darkness, while convalescing from the eye operation.    I came to the conclusion, that for shelter, I would not be able to build anything, as I was alone, and even though I knew how to make bricks of mud, I would not have the tools.  So my decision was same as  the cave man, and I took shelter in a caver.   For food, I did not have fast food service, so I had to hunt for berries, and other fruits.   How would I know which were not poisonous ?   I would watch animals, who fed on them, and if they did not die, neither would I.   Fire, I would hit stones, and burn dry leaves, and for fish, I would look for them in streams, and see how the bigger one fed on the smaller ones, and learn to  catch them and roast on the burning leaves, and eat the flesh.    Thus I realized, that I was doing the same things as the men in the stone age, as shown in the text books, this made me think, that even they in those days had intelligence, but no tools.   This invention of tools took time, and the measure of civilization is  in the advance in tool making.

Even if we pride ourselves to be living in a modern age, we are helpless, when our tools stop to function, and then we need other intelligent people to repair them.    It is nice to know, intelligent people need relaxation and the modern tool for that is the television, and intelligent people in Star Plus offer us this.   But they too are not perfect.   In the serials you mentioned, you did not notice one, which is the best in my opinion, and that is Sapno se Bhare Naina, and it comes at an odd time, thanks to the intelligent people in Star Plus.

All trends even though they may be desirable are still wanting.   One has to constantly try and improve.

Sorry!😭

For your first line... There's actually a typo! I haven't anywhere defined Homo Sapiens!
I have only said that once we were the Homo Sapiens living in forests and now we are the Homo Sapiens living in cities. That was what I meant! But, it was a terrible mistake on my part to make such a typo. I am correcting it with a note.😭 For rest of your comment, 

I didn't watch Sapno se bhare naina! So, I didn't mention it. And for the matter as you said, even SP is not perfect, I totally agree with it. And improvement in the already good works, is what we live for. Improvement and development are the things which will always be demanded, no matter how developed we get. Isn't it?😉

Anyways, I was very sorry to know about the matter of your operation! I hope you are well now! And thanks a lot for the comment! Loveyaa..😳
Posted: 11 years ago
The newest and probably the most different in this chain is the very recent launch 'Ruk Jana Nahin'!⭐️ The show actually describes very perfectly the changing trends of the channel. Being the story of a brave, smart and courageous girl Sanchi who at the same time, stands for truth and what is right, the soap is expected to attract thousands towards itself. its tagline, 'takat ka samna tarkeeb se' itself is a very significant one in telling us about the concept of the show. The show actually is set to show us the very happening cases of real life. The show has been launched at a time when the whole nation is flooding with thoughts of revolution and such things and this has set a pace for the show.👏

Clap ClapClap for star plus

no doubt change trend setter, sanchi keep rocking, i'll loud for you Clap
I am very fond of RUK JAANA NAHI...

I am not a serial lover ... So, hardly have any clue abt other channels . So for me SP rocks.
Well,,,good post...

RJN ROCKS

Iam fond of some other shows too like---DIl se di dua,hitler didi,Amrit manthan,devon ke dev mahadev

My favorite channel is LIFE OK

I like star plus bcoz of RJN

Besides,I keep track of every show going on
Thats why I call myself Serial lover