India-Forums

Expectations/Standards/Concepts (Page 3)

DiamondLife IF-Sizzlerz
DiamondLife
DiamondLife

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
For me DID2 was special because i heard but did not watch DID1..

dharmesh's audition performance made me watch the entire DID2..i still have that craze and passion for the show because of him, just him.
I respect all talented dancers..but my seed was DharmeshBig smile

yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
nice topic Rani...

Both seasons 1 and 2 had their own good points...but if i still have to make a choice i will choose season 1 because overall it had more versatility and consistency...DID 2 also had some great acts which I will always remember...

Expectations from DID 3:

- Lots and lots of dance - good dance jise dekhke dil khush ho jaayeSmile
- Innovation is important to give the season its freshness and to give something new to the viewers
- Lots to learn from for dance lovers, on this aspect I hope there r some new dance styles attempted as I would love to learn more styles

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

akanna

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Earlier I used to watch DID purely for entertainment reasons, but after watching the auditions for this season I might just start taking this show a bit seriously. 

Firstly, I would definitely want there to be some more focus on different styles of dance and not get stuck just on hip hop, contemporary and bollywood. There's so much street that they can cover - krumping, street/funk jazz, tutting, robotic (not strictly street dancing but still), popping and locking, BBoying, Tap dance, waacking etc.. And I mean really attempting these styles, not doing dharmesh-style dancing and giving it different names. Sirf naam ke liye dance karne ka koi faayda nahi, asli kaam karke dikhao. 

Ballroom is something India has never been able to tap. It always ends up looking like buffoonery, especially waltz. I want to see just one good ballroom performance. Coming to classical, okay, classical needs to be incorporated and acknowledged so much more than it is! Classical is a very fluid form, it can be incorporated in so many forms, why can't we see a fusion between classical and contemporary (very common), two different classical forms (like bharatnatyam and kathak, mohiniattam and odissi), semi-classical and classical, jazz and semi-classical - there's so much scope! 

AND if they are going to attempt contemporary, hip-hop and bollywood, then I would like to see some solid dancing in these styles. Contemporary without technique is pointless, and I've hardly seen any technique in the last two seasons. Same goes for hip hop, which allows dancers to take a tad bit more liberty. I would like the choreographers to distribute audience entertainment and good dancing in a 1:1 ratio and not a 3:2 ratio. 

I've come across such brilliant dancers and an overall brilliant dance community/world in this past year that it would take something seriously awesome to blow me away. DID is one of the better shows on Indian television so naturally the expectations from it are sky rocketing high. 

Looking forward to a good season.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aicha-LeadNitrate

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
^^heroin, i opened a topic named  Dance AT

maybe you can share some of your dance experiences and some detailed info about the different ballroom dance styles?
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
edit...

Edited by Tannistha - 29 December 2011 at 7:46am
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tannistha

^^heroin, i opened a topic named  Dance AT

maybe you can share some of your dance experiences and some detailed info about the different ballroom dance styles?

Hey, I just saw your post Big smile I already posted there.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrate

digitalone 33 IF-Rockerz
digitalone 33
digitalone 33

Posted: 01 January 2012 at 3:21am | IP Logged
for me i would say
i want pure DANCE DANCE & DANCE
Celeb want to come i didnt mind at all
but want full on dance all time
with new concepts & New style
no repeats plezzz (For remo) as last time had happened with PUNIT soo didnt want this time

The most important was the Elimination
want the best to be in not out like D sir was out and then come back
i didnt want that shock in this season also
hope all goes well and to the way like season 1,DIDD & DIDLM had gone. 
esseesse IF-Sizzlerz
esseesse
esseesse

Posted: 01 January 2012 at 11:07am | IP Logged
And add to it, I heard that the final 18 are shockingly good and have very tough choices between them. The spirit of competition and most important, new forms of dancing should be in store. But hopefully the show should not turn stale in the coming weeks.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dance India Dance Season 3 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index