Dance India Dance Season 3

Expectations/Standards/Concepts

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys. Hope I'm not forgotten in the DID world. 😳 Been gayab for a bit! 

So with Season 1, Season 2, Doubles, Lil Masters and all the other diff forms of DID we have seen what do you expect out of Season 3?

In my opinion Season 1 set the stage for DID. I don't think another DID season can touch what we saw in Season 1. That's not to say none of the other seasons were bad. We had some fabulous dancers post season 1. But the stage was set with season 1 for obvious reasons.

So with Season 3 what do you expect? New concepts? Innovating themes? Higher standards? Newer format? More celebrity appearances? 

What are you personal expectations for this new season?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Rani :)

I think DID 2 was the season that made DID a brand name, and took it to new heights. Have a look around, Amar and Shakti in D3, Binny and Vandana doing soaps with main leads, D-sir all over he place 😆

And no need to remind what happened in DID 1's status in DKS lol.

From season 3, I expect more Kya Baat's, more grand salutes, more scripting/planning, and of course, little bit of dance 😆
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ThatOneGuy

I think DID 2 was the season that made DID a brand name, and took it to new heights. Have a look around, Amar and Shakti in D3, Binny and Vandana doing soaps with main leads, D-sir all over he place 😆

From season 3, I expect more Kya Baat's, more grand salutes, more scripting/planning, and of course, little bit of dance 😆

Oh M...Jay! 😆 I don't want to go into discussion the whole DKS drama again. I've done enough explanations on that. 

For you DID 2 set the standard, for me DID 1 did. End of that discussion. Haha...

Hopefully DID 3 shapes out with more dhamaka than before!!!
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ThatOneGuy

DID1 created the platform for the future dance stars and when people realised what a huge opportunity it was, it became hugely popular after that. It could well be the reason you started watching DID2.😉I rather not discuss DKS. Let's keep the drama aside and at least try and focus on pure dance this time round.

I'm already dreading the Kya Baat's! But cannot wait to hear Terence's constructive comments to the contestants and hopefully see the guy in action too! The only thing I wish for is less of the rona dhona crap. But hey, it's an Indian show after all so the drama and unnecessary crying is a part of it.
luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

DID1 created the platform for the future dance stars and when people realised what a huge opportunity it was, it became hugely popular after that. It could well be the reason you started watching DID2.😉I rather not discuss DKS. Let's keep the drama aside and at least try and focus on pure dance this time round.

I'm already dreading the Kya Baat's! But cannot wait to hear Terence's constructive comments to the contestants and hopefully see the guy in action too! The only thing I wish for is less of the rona dhona crap. But hey, it's an Indian show after all so the drama and unnecessary crying is a part of it.

I agree! I am so tired of kya baat's and grand salutes...also the drama man! 🤔 poor stories, too much rona, but i guess we got to take some bad with some good 😛
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

LOL I guess...but I started watching it due to D-sir's audition floating around the net like fire. After seeing that, I was like, I have to see this show now. Maybe it's my ignorance, but I hadn't even heard of DID before watching that audition 😕

Lmao you know what always helps? Whenever he starts saying Kya baat, just imagine he is saying Daal bhaat! Gets me through the deadly 4 seconds safely 😳
ankit_nyc thumbnail
😛 DID 1 was the first but certainly not the best as evidenced by the results from DKS as well as TRP's and lack success of contestants since. Horse carriage was the first vehicle with wheels, does that make it better then today's cars? 😛 Cavemen were the first males, does that make them better then the handsome males of this forum? 😃
Keenu.G thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
my expectations! 
DID 1 : 😃 start of something new! 
DID 2 : now that's awesome! 👍🏼 how can they do tht! 
DID 3 : 🤓 better keep the coolness going! 😛 

8een4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Keenu.G

my expectations! 

DID 1 : 😃 start of something new! 
DID 2 : now that's awesome! 👍🏼 how can they do tht! 
DID 3 : 🤓 better keep the coolness going! 😛 

well said i say!! 😊...Each season brought somethin new and unique to the table! If the topic turns towards wich season ws better, we all know what l happen ...we have seen it too many times already on DID forums...! 😉...so i think we should let d bygones be bygones and wish fr a sooper new season!! 😃

Waise my expectations for the new season are- more n more new dance forms, n i hope no one contestant becomes bigger than the show by itself...! no offence to anyone! BUT BUT ...more than anything else i hope that the standard goes jus up from here!!! 

cheers!! to a new begining! 🥳
esseesse thumbnail
Let me admit that I am absolutely zero in knowing what is d of dance, leave alone d,a,n,c and e. Let me also admit that I havent watched any dance show at all. Those who know me here know why. But, donno I think I should watch this season for 3 reasons.

1. No pressure of studies. I am having fun.
2. Its on the weekends, so off from my job.
3. Its DID 3!

I only expect 3 things.

1. Dance.
2. More dance.
3. Even more dancing.

Mix of modern and traditional, western and indian contemporary, genuine comments (I heard that all 3 judges this time are amazing) and serious contestents only. The show should be real and for god's sake, not 1/2 baked or scripted.

Lemme watch a few episodes, and then I'll post my reviews. Though I know but am still confused on whether to watch the auditions or not...