Dill Mill Gaye

A Page from DMG Director Nissar Parvez's Diary

smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

A Page from a Director's Diary: Nissar Parvez on his journey with StarOne

Hello Everyone,

As usual the first few words are always the most difficult.

Star One?. Pheww! It actually took some time to sink in that it doesn't exist anymore. Its my usual habit to switch on the TV and get to Star One, just to have a casual look at it. But today morning, the 18th of Dec, when I did that, it just didn't show up. It wasn't there. Then I realized the logo has been changed, and its a new name too. Life OK. I was frozen for that moment.

It took a lil time to sink in. It was over. But then I thought good things should always come to an end and I switched off my TV and started writing this article. Really bad at it. Hope it makes some sense. ;-)

I think it was 5 years back, when I had got a call for this show called Koi Hai, and I had just taken up an episode of that and it was pretty interesting, one thing led to another. One good episode of Koi Hai got me another, and it went on, and then the channel offered meDil Mil Gaye

I still remember, in my first meeting with Star One, the Channel Head looked at me and said, you are Nissar? You are so young. I think she had doubts in her mind whether a young guy like me will be able to pull off Dil Mil Gaye. On the other hand, I thought, youth show young director nahi karega to kaun karega. I smiled on my own. Next meeting I made sure I had a lil beard. Haha!!

I was confident that I was doing it, and I did it. 

Honestly, I had never thought thatDil Mil Gaye will become so popular. It was crazy and it was pure magic. You wont believe this, the core team still messages each other the lyrics of the song. For eg, someone will just sms, hum to chale they dost banke, and then someone will add in, jaaney kahaan dil mil gaye, and it goes on, until we have the entire song. That's the connection. 

All of us working on Star One were very emotional people, very very passionate, mad people. We were stupid fools. Hahaha!! We used to fight like crazy. All of us had a love and hate relationship, and this happened only because we were equally mad for our shows. We used to literally kick each other, pull each others hair etc, not talking for a few days, and then each one waiting for the other to break the ice, and we start off again, we hit off like there was never an issue. Hahaha!!! It was pure madness.

Rohini, Palki, Amita, Nikita, Nitin, Anand, Gul, Richa, Rishi, Neeraj, and many more. They were the mad caps. I had always heard women can be dangerous. Had experienced it for the first time. lolll. They will kill me if they read this.

Edited by laizu - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

k_anjali12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Really Have To Thnk Him For Coming Up With Such A Nice Show ( Though Im A Fan Of GA .. Even I Got Attracted To It ) .. Specially For Giving * Armaan * Character ... Thts One Of The Best Thing Happened In My Life  :D
asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you so much for sharing this with us Laizu. Really love Nissar for giving such beautiful shows like DMG, MJHT, GHSP and now IPKKND. :)

Thank you Nissar and wish you all the best in the future! :D

And I agree with you on the singing the lyrics to the song part. My friends and I do it too. :P Especially me. Hehe. :P
caprigurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah I read this a few days back , made me so senti over the good old days :)
And I didnt know he was a relative newcomer when he took up DMG ! Great going by him 
AR_EternalLove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i read this article few days back on rangmanch blog...its realy goood and i thank him for giving us dmg and especially armaan and riddhima...

i hope the show come back soon...😊

Love AR for life

..oishu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
You wont believe this, the core team still messages each other the lyrics of the song. For eg, someone will just sms, hum to chale they dost banke, and then someone will add in, jaaney kahaan dil mil gaye, and it goes on, until we have the entire song. That's the connection.

we can say that about us dmg crazy-ians too