Pros and cons of the new track

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Personally I was not in favor of a new character entering with so many tracks left open. When new tracks are introduced while multiple tracks are left open, there is a possibility of messing up. But the cv's have interestingly handled many things. I have to give them credit for the way they gave closure to the ASR-La track. It was handled in a mature and realistic way and both the characters developed wonderfully during the process. So I am ready to give this new track a chance. Honestly, there is no other choice.

So this new guy is mami's relative and as per the article he might fall for Khushi. Now here's the thing. Although I knew that a new guy might be introduced at some point to create a new triangle, I was dead against the idea of introducing a new guy right now. Firstly because there are just so many open ends Arhi still don't understand their feelings for each other; Shyam's track is still being dealt with and whatever happened to that 'fark padta hai' track. Although La gave Khushi some subtle hints, I am not expecting Khushi to make much sense of it yet. Now if a guy enters it will only complicate things further.

I also don't like the idea of a new guy entering in Khushi's life at this point (that is if, the guy falls for her. I have no issues if the guy becomes a very good friend). Khushi is very young and nave. In a very short span, she has fallen (though she doesn't fully realize it) for a guy, was forced to get engaged to another guy only to find out he is a fraud. That is just too much deal with. Now if another guy comes with a romantic interest it will make things even harder for her. Relationships are not a joke and emotions are not to be taken lightly. But if this guy becomes a friend it could be good for her in a lot of ways.

If the cv's create a love triangle and bring in the jealousy track, then I am not sure how much I would appreciate this. I seriously don't see how it is going to help if this guy falls in love with Khushi. What will happen? Will Arnav get jealous and possessive and blurt out his feelings or will it create more distance between the two? I don't think a love triangle is necessary to make Arnav jealous. He has never seen Khushi interact with another guy. Although he knew about her fianc, he never saw the two of them together. Even if it the guy is just Khushi's friend and Arnav witnesses him getting more attention from Khushi, it is enough to make him jealous. So there is no real need for a triangle. 

As for the characterization, the guy is NRI and by the looks of it, he might just be a clichd NRI character we get to see in Bollywood movies which is completely unrealistic and gives a distorted image of NRI's. If that is the case, then the cv's get a thumbs down here. He is supposed to bring a comic angle here which is fine but slapstick comedy is a no for me.

And what is with the name Nand Kisore? Is this is a joke? I would have given the name a chance if it wasn't buaji's famous line. Another ridiculous move the cv's. I cannot imagine how the name Nand Kisore would sound when it comes from Arnav's mouth.

I am also guessing this new guy is Dhruv ( without the same name) who was mentioned by nani in one of the initial episodes. But if he is mami's relative than judging by mami's background, it is unlikely that he has lived abroad all his life. So why does he not know Hindi ?

But as they say, never judge a book by its cover.

As for the actor Karan Goddwani, well I don't know him but I think we should all give him a chance. Who knows, he might be a good actor and we might just start liking him and his character just like we did with La

I am so going to miss La and Sana.

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
HI Fari,

At hisi point we are all sceptical as to what this new character will turn out to be and what role will he play in moving the Arhi story forward.  Will he be the friend that Khushi needs or another contender ?. It is hard to imagine that yet another male resident of the RM will fall for Khushi. Get in line Nand Kishore...there are just so many she can handle at a time.

A new face and character is definetly required. What else could they do with the current people. It is still too early to have both the leads to fall in love though in my opinion they are already there. My worry is similar to yours  that a love triangle will be very cliched  and slapstick is something i do not want. 

This show is about ArHI and the magic they make together.  Look at the precap today and the entire forum seems so happy.  Lets trust the CVs and hope they dont lose sight of the fact that  the audience who follows this show is not the regular saas-bahu drama followers . We love the flawed Arnav & Khushi and a week without them can lead to very angry mob ie us.

Happy Viewing.
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
The CVs have a good sense of the comic. So I think Khushi-Nandu scenes might be very funny. And we need the comic relief before Shyamu revelation.

If Nandu needs help with Hindi, he can help Khushi with her English. She can try out her new vocabulary on ASR.πŸ˜‰

I don't think it will be a love track. Guess it will be a friendship one. And Khushi can def use a good friend now. He will also be protection against Shyam's presence in the house. It is also a reason for Khushi to return to RM. Arnav will shut down his office & occupy the poolside on a permanent basis.πŸ˜ƒ

I think Nandu is slotted for La. So La will get to remain in the family & the Raizadas don't have to feel guilty about her. Tying up all the loose ends...

Edited by smitar - 12 years ago
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
May be he will be responsible for teaching english to Khushi?
IronyDied thumbnail
agree agree agree!! πŸ˜† i wish they would have shown that ASR and KKG knows at least has self accepted that they love each other but wont confess..like nafrat paas ane na de..then a matured guy! with least of brain..good looking..if not ASR level (which is not possible for any guy) at least a cute one! whom ASR will get jealous of! but this guy is comedian (no offense) and about his name! what the!
ad shyam track? what will happen to that! dont tell after khushi blabberring all her feeling ASR will still misunderstand her thas why they kept him alive! πŸ˜†
ya going to miss La! i wish they could focus more on farak parta hai track😳 and khushi could get the hints by la! but no seeing anything for that! i hope this new track gets some intense moments😍 but will this comdian be able to make THE ASR jealous? his one what the look will over shadow this nandkishore forever!
stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
initially, i was feeling bad about it too..what is the whole point of getting a new one when they already have enough trouble within themselves? πŸ˜†

neither did i want a new guy to give competition to ASR, as if! that made me feel he'd push himself further into his shell; leave alone confessions..

but as the saying goes, IPK is NOT predicatble..
now, after so much hype etc, looks like the guy is in a comic angle.. which is good cause this maynot make him jealous exactly, but surely, he will see what he lacks that KKG wants...

so yeah, though there are cons to it, i am okay with it as long as he REMAINS the namuna we saw on SBS πŸ˜‰
music1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I don't remember whose but there was an FF written by one of our ace writerswhere in there was a guy whose will teach Khushi the rules and behaviors of upper class.That happens after Arnav-Khushi marriage and Arnav's indifference towards Khushi causing her breakdown.But then when Arnav sees Khushi with the other guy,mingling and having fun,he gets notoriously jealous.Now at present in the show they are not married,and at this point may even start ignoring each other for sometime until the LA chapter gets completely erased from their memories.But this guy could just be the catalyst for their relationship.May be Khushi might start teaching him Hindi or may be him visiting Gupta residence with Akash might trigger a friendship  with khushi.So many possibilities.But I guess CV's have everything sorted out for us.
icebraker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
The new guy will teach Khushi English and she will teach him Hindi. In the process of doing that they will become good friend. Arnav never sees her with any guy .So he will be jealous...I think thats will happen. 
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
A new entry in the melting pot of emotions galore and loose ends, will only add more spice.. But Fari I too agree that when the scope of builing the existing storyline is abundant, where is the need for a new entry?..But the CVs may think that ASR needs a little bit of jealous factor to prod and push him into confessing his love for KKG..

So in totality we are in for a long drawn affair, comedy or otherwise, before there will be a cohesiveness to Arhi's relationship..
rushshri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
gud pts fari, I think dis new character is introduced wid a reason. Wat??? dat time will tell. We can only speculate. πŸ˜†.

We want our arhi 2gether n so much engrossed to it dat we don't expect n entertain ne idea of sm1 coming in btwn dem. D truth cannot change ARHI r supposed 2 b 2gether (Devi maiyaa blessings) πŸ˜† so let ne1 come, it doesn't matter.