Debate Mansion

The 2012 effect.Do you force people to believe?

Posted: 12 years ago
As the new year is inching closer,I am reading many articles on how the world will end in 2012.They are giving like around 10 factors that has happened this year due to which,the world has to end,literally forcing the readers down their throats to believe that 2012 is the end of the world.Even in YT,I saw some flash ads by companies like zomato saying 2012-Enjoy the last new year's eve of your life and some more ads on the same line in the different upcoming new year party ads in the city.
So my question is,do you really need to force people to believe this?It might be your opinion that yes,2012 is the end but some people might not believe it at the same time.One can't just blatantly claim and publicize this in large hoardings and banners when there's no prove actually that the world will end.

What do you think on this?I am sure,with 2012 coming up very soon,we might get exposed to many such articles everyday giving 'logical' reasons as to why we should believe in the 2012 theory.
Should we just state our own facts or opinions or actually force someone to believe in what we think is true?

I'll support my post with the article I was talking about which i read in yahoo.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/reasons-world-end-2012-160356171.html

I hope this question sounds saneπŸ˜†I have never been to this section nor have I indulged myself in debates,so yeah looking out for opinions.😊

..🀣🀣

^nothing to do with the post :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Firstly the world isnt ending in 2012
secondly thats completly wrong in forcing believe that it will end or publicize the matter with what u r saying ads and banners
if someone believes it will end he should bt nt try to influence some1 in this matter atleast
Can anyone be really forced to believe something they do not wish to πŸ€“
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ah this is the same topic I started too.πŸ˜†

Disasters are already happening but the world will not end.
Things are changing for the better.

Originally posted by: Summer3

Ah this is the same topic I started too.πŸ˜†

Disasters are already happening but the world will not end.
Things are changing for the better.

This is in contrast to what the sexy  Mr K has to say , isnt it so πŸ˜†
Hope I dont get banned for calling him that 😲 πŸ˜•
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: zorrro

This is in contrast to what the sexy  Mr K has to say , isnt it so πŸ˜†
Hope I dont get banned for calling him that 😲 πŸ˜•

I was doing some thinking.

Whatever happens, only happens to the physical world and it can be recreated again.
There are mental planes and other dimensions that coexist and yet we do not run across them becoz that other higher plane is our own mental projection; in other words in the spiritual world we can create our own concept of universe etc. This is what I believe.
Originally posted by: Summer3

I was doing some thinking.

Whatever happens, only happens to the physical world and it can be recreated again.
There are mental planes and other dimensions that coexist and yet we do not run across them becoz that other higher plane is our own mental projection; in other words in the spiritual world we can create our own concept of universe etc. This is what I believe.

When we say world will end it could mean the World that is familiar to us will end.
Not that the whole world will disappear or something like that. And anyway worlds dont end when calenders end. After Dec 31st we  normally get a new calender to replace the old one.
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: zorrro

When we say world will end it could mean the World that is familiar to us will end.
Not that the whole world will disappear or something like that. And anyway worlds dont end when calenders end. After Dec 31st we  normally get a new calender to replace the old one.

Yes we refer to the physical world we know.

But  let us think out of the BOX like Mr. K

What is the world ? What is our world ? who are we ?
Is not our body made of the same matter as the Earth ?
Does not the world disappear when we close our eyes or when our sensed do not function ?

When life expires we are completely cut off from everything.
For some the physical world has already ceased to exist because they are no more here physically.

If we are not doing anything useful with our lives too, it is as good as us being not alive.πŸ˜†

ScoopTroop thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .sb.

As the new year is inching closer,I am reading many articles on how the world will end in 2012.They are giving like around 10 factors that has happened this year due to which,the world has to end,literally forcing the readers down their throats to believe that 2012 is the end of the world.Even in YT,I saw some flash ads by companies like zomato saying 2012-Enjoy the last new year's eve of your life and some more ads on the same line in the different upcoming new year party ads in the city.
So my question is,do you really need to force people to believe this?It might be your opinion that yes,2012 is the end but some people might not believe it at the same time.One can't just blatantly claim and publicize this in large hoardings and banners when there's no prove actually that the world will end.

What do you think on this?I am sure,with 2012 coming up very soon,we might get exposed to many such articles everyday giving 'logical' reasons as to why we should believe in the 2012 theory.
Should we just state our own facts or opinions or actually force someone to believe in what we think is true?

I'll support my post with the article I was talking about which i read in yahoo.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/reasons-world-end-2012-160356171.html

I hope this question sounds saneπŸ˜†I have never been to this section nor have I indulged myself in debates,so yeah looking out for opinions.😊

..🀣🀣

^nothing to do with the post :)

Jugnu_244 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
2012 isn't end of the world. i watched 2012 i liked that movie but we can't believe its the end. Just God knows!!! and thats all.