Hemal Thakkar on Laagi going off air

phaneeswar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Producer and co-promoter of Playtime Creations Hemal Thakkar is happy. So what's new? Well, most producers would not be if they had a show of their's axed as is the case is with Hemal whose Laagi Tujhse Lagan is being yanked off Colors by on 6 January 2012.

What's keeping him in good spirits is the fact that the show did pretty well for the channel. "We complete 500 episodes on 21 December 2011; that's good going for any show," he says.

Longevity of the show apart, Thakkar says that he enjoyed working with the team of Laagi – be it the actors, writers or technicians. "They have all excelled in their work and performance hence I have no regrets," he says.

With the show slated to wrap up, the unit is now working on the final schedule which is slated to end on 25, 26 December.
Giving his perspective on the reasons behind the show's demise, Hemal says, "TRP is one of the reasons, but the changing channel strategy is the other."

The show had just completed one and a half months in the afternoon slot; it used to telecast in the prime time slot of ---. It told the story of Nakusha (Mahhi Vij) a not so good looking girl who turned out to be really beautiful – just like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

Hemalbhai, we appreciate your positive approach. Keep it up!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Producer and co-promoter of Playtime Creations Hemal Thakkar is happy. So what's new? Well, most producers would not be if they had a show of their's axed as is the case is with Hemal whose Laagi Tujhse Lagan is being yanked off Colors by on 6 January 2012.

What's keeping him in good spirits is the fact that the show did pretty well for the channel. "We complete 500 episodes on 21 December 2011; that's good going for any show," he says.

Longevity of the show apart, Thakkar says that he enjoyed working with the team of Laagi – be it the actors, writers or technicians. "They have all excelled in their work and performance hence I have no regrets," he says.

For rest of the article go to rival site.
--ambar-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
trp was one and only reason sir ...u need to admit it  
phaneeswar thumbnail
I think by looking at his statements it is clearly evident that he is really happy that his show is going off air n it's the channel who had run this show to satisfaction of ego's to make a character successful(I need not mention who n which character n all knews it better)...
The show reached saturation point long back n tey still ran the show n dragged like hell...
Edited by phaneeswar - 12 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Whoops...we posted the same news at the same time. I for one am happy that this time Hemal ji does have some clue about his show and didnt say 'I'll find out and get back to you' to the media.
phaneeswar thumbnail
Originally posted by: sana141994

trp was one and only reason sir ...u need to admit it  

Yup TRP is prime reason...this show has reached saturation point long back n dragged the show to the hell which really irritated me...
TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: phaneeswar

I think by looking at his statements it is clearly evident that he is really happy that his show is going off air n it's the channel who had run this show to satisfaction of ego's to make a character successful(I need not mention who n which character n all knews it better)...

The show reached saturation point long back n tey still ran the show n dragged like hell...

True...Hemal ji's relief is definitely visible. 😆
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

TRP isthe most important factor & by now he must have realised this is the end of this show, given the circumstances he was left with this choice only.

--ambar-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Whoops...we posted the same news at the same time. I for one am happy that this time Hemal ji does have some clue about his show and didnt say 'I'll find out and get back to you' to the media.

good one kash...this used to his permanent answer 😆
😆
-Swasti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The other reason is too lame excuse MR. thakkar
TRPs are the one and only reason of going off air
Just admit boldly that U guyz made the biggest fattest mistake by replacing the main lead
😃