Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 78)

vanadhi IF-Dazzler
vanadhi
vanadhi

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Vanadhi, I'm fine. Hope to hear the same from you.

Thanks for the explanations, but the storyline is still confusing to me.

There's so much I don't know about and the dialect (or should I say the choice of words?) are quite different from other mytho serials. Maybe its just me - I'm trying to understand the dialogues with the limited number of Hindi and Sanskrit words I know but somehow quite a lot of words seem unfamiliar to me. I can understand what the character is trying to say but don't know what exactly it means. The dialogues from Sagar's shows were different.

Ya me too fine .I think u are talking about our forum's famous word's like Ashist, Shadayantra ,Adiprasanatha , Ahuthi ,peeda etcLOL me to perplexed for the first time when i heard , later its practiced for me to be glued  .since daksha is different, his familie's dialect too different LOL ..hope the written update archives will help u a lot

Edited by vanadhi - 22 May 2012 at 3:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vibhishnasukhi...

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
As per the series, Lord Shiva had to cut himself off Devi Shakthi for the creation to continue. But why was it that Devi Shakthi had to be born in human form? Couldn't they have lived like Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi or Lord Brahma and Devi Saraswathi? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
What I'm curious about is how mainstream is the belief that Vishnu used his discus to chop up Sati's body, since only one purana - the Markandeya purana - mentions it?  Somehow, it just sounds too cruel, and not characteristic of Narayan at all!  Yeah, the people @ the 51 shakti peeths, like Kamakhya, would definitely believe it, but is this something widely accepted that Vishnu did?

Was Parvati born as a human?  Himavat was the mountain god representative of the Himalayas.  So would his daughter have been human, even though she lived on earth?  Ganga was his other daughter as well, but even she was divine, except for the brief period during her curse when she was married to Shantanu.  So it would seem that Parvati too was divine, but nonetheless had to perform severe austerities in order to win Mahadev's acceptance.

On the language, I find the language here authentic, but somewhat unusual given some of the concepts they've borrowed, such as ahuti (sacrifice, but usually, a different term is used for offerings which I'm forgetting at the moment).  Given some of the recent serials that I've seen, that are either based in pre-Muslim era in India or even worse, mytho serials that freely use Urdu based words, I'd say DkDM is far better.

Vibhishnasukhi...

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Captain Kalaunji

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

As per the series, Lord Shiva had to cut himself off Devi Shakthi for the creation to continue. But why was it that Devi Shakthi had to be born in human form? Couldn't they have lived like Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi or Lord Brahma and Devi Saraswathi? 
Due 2 Lord Brahma's wish 4 some reason,shiv and adishakti got separated.When Brahma wanted dem 2 reunite,dey said it can't be possible now.But Adishakti promised Brahma dat she will take human avatar and marry Shiv.Dis is what was shown 2 us in da initial episodes.
-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Captain Kalaunji

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

What I'm curious about is how mainstream is the belief that Vishnu used his discus to chop up Sati's body, since only one purana - the Markandeya purana - mentions it?  Somehow, it just sounds too cruel, and not characteristic of Narayan at all!  Yeah, the people @ the 51 shakti peeths, like Kamakhya, would definitely believe it, but is this something widely accepted that Vishnu did?Dat's bcoz shiv did not wanted 2 perform da last rites of sati.he was not in a state 2 understand and da Gods had no time 2 wait as asuras were creating trouble on da earth so Vishnu had no oder option but 2 cut off sati's body

Was Parvati born as a human?  Himavat was the mountain god representative of the Himalayas.  So would his daughter have been human, even though she lived on earth?  Ganga was his other daughter as well, but even she was divine, except for the brief period during her curse when she was married to Shantanu.  So it would seem that Parvati too was divine, but nonetheless had to perform severe austerities in order to win Mahadev's acceptance.Dat's what i too don't understand yaar.As far as i know,even though Gods took deir avatars and became humans but dey were still considered as Gods bcoz dey still had da power of God.Ram was God,Sita was Goddess,Krishna was God,Hanuman was God so in dis case even Parvati and Ganga r also goddesses.And if dey will show Parvati as Goddess den da big qn.will arise,why was sati not considered a Goddess den?I am wondering how will da cvs justify demselves and how dey will show everything.

On the language, I find the language here authentic, but somewhat unusual given some of the concepts they've borrowed, such as ahuti (sacrifice, but usually, a different term is used for offerings which I'm forgetting at the moment).  Given some of the recent serials that I've seen, that are either based in pre-Muslim era in India or even worse, mytho serials that freely use Urdu based words, I'd say DkDM is far better.
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
okey i .
after every Aarti...like the Ganapati Aarti etc..we say "hare ram hare ram ram ram hare hare hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare"
is there any reason why we say that?...ive loved aartis since i was a kid but never understood why...anyone knows?
im a Konkani by origin!and these aartis are in Marathi mostly said in the Konkan belt...

Edited by shruti.nil - 22 May 2012 at 7:40pm
Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vanadhi

Vanadhi, I'm fine. Hope to hear the same from you.

Thanks for the explanations, but the storyline is still confusing to me.

There's so much I don't know about and the dialect (or should I say the choice of words?) are quite different from other mytho serials. Maybe its just me - I'm trying to understand the dialogues with the limited number of Hindi and Sanskrit words I know but somehow quite a lot of words seem unfamiliar to me. I can understand what the character is trying to say but don't know what exactly it means. The dialogues from Sagar's shows were different.

Ya me too fine .I think u are talking about our forum's famous word's like Ashist, Shadayantra ,Adiprasanatha , Ahuthi ,peeda etcLOL me to perplexed for the first time when i heard , later its practiced for me to be glued  .since daksha is different, his familie's dialect too different LOL ..hope the written update archives will help u a lot

Thanks. Its with the written updates, I'm able to understand as much as I do. Ahuti and peeda, I'm familiar with but not the others. I hope I'll be able to catch on with the dialogues soon. Its taking me a while to grasp it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

What I'm curious about is how mainstream is the belief that Vishnu used his discus to chop up Sati's body, since only one purana - the Markandeya purana - mentions it?  Somehow, it just sounds too cruel, and not characteristic of Narayan at all!  Yeah, the people @ the 51 shakti peeths, like Kamakhya, would definitely believe it, but is this something widely accepted that Vishnu did?

Yes, its widely accepted that Vishnu did it, though I wasn't able to believe he did it as well due to the lack of a proper source to refer from.  I didn't read the Puranas completely, so, didn't know it was from Markandeya Purana. Some versions of Ramayan and Mahabharat too tell the story of Sati. Didn't they mention anything about this?

But its known that He'll do anything to protect the world, like the time he had to kill Maharishi Brighu's wife to slay the asuras.

Also, there is a huge dispute on Sati burning herself too. Some versions say that She burnt herself with her inner energy, some say she entered the yagna kund, some say she just gave up her life and fell dead at Daksha's feet. Also, some versions say that Lord Shiva in Kailash knew what happened instantly through his yogic power on others say Nandi returned to Kailash to inform Lord Shiva what happened. Some versions say that Bhadhrakali was created by Devi Sati (as Adi Shakthi) from her anger on her father's behaviour.

Was Parvati born as a human?  Himavat was the mountain god representative of the Himalayas.  So would his daughter have been human, even though she lived on earth?  Ganga was his other daughter as well, but even she was divine, except for the brief period during her curse when she was married to Shantanu.  So it would seem that Parvati too was divine, but nonetheless had to perform severe austerities in order to win Mahadev's acceptance.

Not sure if Parvati was human. Her mother was an apsara (right?) and her father - I'm not sure if he was deva or yaksha. So, that doesn't make her human, I guess. I was referring to Sati. I never understood that part in the story when they said Adi Shakthi had to be born as and marry Shiva. Why couldn't they have lived like Vishnu & Lakshmi or Brahma - Saraswathi? Is it mentioned in any text that Adi Shakthi had to be born on the Earth to marry Lord Shiva?

It gives me a chance to learn much more and I like these dialogues too. Its just that they are different and I'm trying to get a hold on the dialogues so that I can understand better.  I started learning Hindi after I started watching NDTVI Ramayan. My main source is the serials I watch and then ask some friends explanations on the words I don't understand. Words like Ahuti etc., I can understand since they are Sanskrit based and a lot of these words are there in Tamil as well with the same pronunciation. My main problem is that some words are there in both Hindi/Sanskrit and Tamil (and other South Indian languages)but the meaning has been interpreted differently. For example, the word asambhav means impossible in Hindi (right?), in Tamil asambhavam or asambhavitham means a bad incident or event. Same goes for 'peeda'. It means pain (right?) here whereas peedai or peeda means an evil being/presence or some unlucky creature, etc. in Tamil. It took me a while to come out of all this confusion. Thanks to all those who write the written updates - otherwise I'd have never been able to understand this much. 

Some funny incidents happened too. If you remember the Panchavaktram episodes in NDTVI Ramayan, Shurpanakha visits Indrajit guarding the Panchavaktram and she expresses her doubts on whether he would be able to do it (or something of that sort) when Indrajit screams 'Bhua!'
I was totally confused - bhua in some South Indian dialects, means 'food' (sometimes used as a sang for the word food). I couldn't make head or tail of it. I was thinking why was he screaming for food in the middle of a battlefield to his aunt? Then a friend of mine explained that the word mean aunt in Hindi.

But words like ahuti, neer (water) etc. are there in Tamil with their original meanings.

Edited by Vibhishna - 22 May 2012 at 10:07pm

vanadhisukhi...

Go to top