Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 77)

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Vanadhi, I'm fine. Hope to hear the same from you.

Thanks for the explanations, but the storyline is still confusing to me.

There's so much I don't know about and the dialect (or should I say the choice of words?) are quite different from other mytho serials. Maybe its just me - I'm trying to understand the dialogues with the limited number of Hindi and Sanskrit words I know but somehow quite a lot of words seem unfamiliar to me. I can understand what the character is trying to say but don't know what exactly it means. The dialogues from Sagar's shows were different.

@ Vrish:

'The Immortals of Meluha' is still in my wish list. Have you read that book? Is it good? I was going to take it up sometime this July or so...

Any pointers on who Madnike is? I haven't heard that name so far. Also, if someone could tell me if the music instrument I had mentioned earlier was the Rudra Veena? It does look like one but the way Shiva and Sati played it was ... different...

Sorry, I'm still trying to catch up. If these points have been discussed earlier, please let me know where.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Vibs

I've skimmed that book @ the store, but not read it.  Am not sure of whether it's worth recommending or not - at least not at this point.
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Vrish,
The IOM has a very different story, except some commen name it has no simmilarity with this show. This story is the maker's interpretation of various stories connected with Shivji, Sati, now Parvati with mainly depicting human emotional side of the lead characters. We have to look in many sources to know what exactly are they showing. They do take different route but up to some extent they stick to the end result generally.

.Vrish.

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged
I wonder who started this rumour of DKDM being related to the Meluha books. It seems to be a neverending misunderstanding. The two have nothing to do with each other. This show is a mythological in the more traditional sense (dramatization of myths and legends about Shiva) whereas the books are a fantasy adventure series based on the premise of Shiva being a human. That's it. There is nothing more to it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.-Nymphadora-

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Kal El

This is the thread where it started.  Having not read that book, I thought this was the case.

But thanks for clarifying that this serial is generally authentic.  But some stories do look strange.  Vijaya you mentioned was actually mentioned somewhere, but some of the other characters seem really out of nowhere.  And Vritra and Tarakasura being allies is, well, too much to swallow, as is the plot about Tarakasura wanting the death of Sati.
Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Watching the past few episodes, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were pleading with Lord Shiva to resurrect Daksh. Why exactly was Daksh required to live? I thought, he was resurrected when Prastuti pleaded for her husband's life but didn't understand why Vishnu and Brahma wanted Daksh alive.

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Watching the past few episodes, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were pleading with Lord Shiva to resurrect Daksh. Why exactly was Daksh required to live? I thought, he was resurrected when Prastuti pleaded for her husband's life but didn't understand why Vishnu and Brahma wanted Daksh alive.

Vibs

From what I recall reading, the reason the devas wanted Daksha resurrected was so that the yagna would be complete.  Even though the purpose of that yagna was to slight Shiva.  Probably, not completing a yagna would have serious repercussions, which is why they begged Shiva to let it continue.

vanadhi

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by Vibhishna

Vibs

From what I recall reading, the reason the devas wanted Daksha resurrected was so that the yagna would be complete.  Even though the purpose of that yagna was to slight Shiva.  Probably, not completing a yagna would have serious repercussions, which is why they begged Shiva to let it continue.

That makes sense. From what I know, what Daksh was doing was a really big yagna on a grand scale.

Edited by Vibhishna - 21 May 2012 at 11:30am

vanadhi

Go to top