Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 76)

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 18 May 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Watched a recap that depicted the major events of this series from youtube.

This series shows a woman instigating Daksh against Lord Shiva. Who is it? Any records/legends/stories on her?

Does any specific book tell the story of Lord Shiva and Sati? (It may have come up in the Ramayan and Mahabharat) Or should a person read the Puranas to know the accounts of Sati's life?

Also, was Chandra Dev the same person residing on Lord Shiva's locks or was it a different moon?

If it was the same person, was Daksh OK with his son in law being under the influence of Shiva? 

If these issues have been discussed already, please let me know which thread and page.

Edited by Vibhishna - 18 May 2012 at 12:21pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Watched a recap that depicted the major events of this series from youtube.

This series shows a woman instigating Daksh against Lord Shiva. Who is it? Vijaya, Daksha's eldest daughter.
Any records/legends/stories on her? No.

Does any specific book tell the story of Lord Shiva and Sati? (It may have come up in the Ramayan and Mahabharat) Or should a person read the Puranas to know the accounts of Sati's life? I guess you can find it detailed in Shiva Puran or Devi Bhagwatam.

Also, was Chandra Dev the same person residing on Lord Shiva's locks or was it a different moon? Same guy. Planet Earth has only one moon, you see.LOL

If it was the same person, was Daksh OK with his son in law being under the influence of Shiva?  No. He in fact cursed Chandra for ignoring his 26 daughters {in the serial its just one daughter, Revati} and preferring only Rohini. Shiva saved Chandra from the curse and wore him as a crescent crown to minimize the effect of periodic waxing and waning.

If these issues have been discussed already, please let me know which thread and page.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vibhishna.Vrish.vanadhi

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Rehanism. (Your display pic is cute Smile )

The Earth may have only one moon, but the Solar System has many. I was thinking that maybe the moon on Lord Shiva's head and Chandra Dev were different. In fact, there are some stories that say both are different but they don't offer any credible explanation. I just wanted to know what was shown in this series.

Why is Daksha's daughter instigating her father against Lord Shiva?

Also, who is Madnike? I've never heard of that name ever before...

Though I like the production, the story is quite weird at times.

By the way, there were some scenes in which Sati listens to Lord Shiva's music and comes to him - after Rishi Narad tries to make them meet, I think. Was that instrument the Rudra Veena? Sati was shown playing the same instrument (in white, whereas the one Shiva played was deep brown) and singing the same tune. Any idea or more information on that? Was it discussed before?

Edited by Vibhishna - 19 May 2012 at 3:24am

vanadhi

Aasthahere IF-Rockerz
Aasthahere
Aasthahere

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 3:39am | IP Logged
ok i have a confusion
sumone plz solve it...

we saw in a recent epi that Lord Shiva gives punarjeevan to dead Daksh ...
but then couldn't  he give punarjeevan to Sati too?Confused

vanadhi

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aasthahere

ok i have a confusion
sumone plz solve it...

we saw in a recent epi that Lord Shiva gives punarjeevan to dead Daksh ...
but then couldn't  he give punarjeevan to Sati too?Confused

Daksh's life was taken by Veerbhadra on Shivji's order, so it was in his hand to return his life back. It was between God & human. Sati had left her body not as Sati but as Aadi Shakti. She was in command of her life's decisions. When Aadi shakti is angry, no one can dare question her. A human soul generally doesn't leave his body at his own will, unless he is a yogi. Sati burned her body with yogagni, her own Urja shakti, at her own will.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Aasthahereshali_charu_

Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 7:56am | IP Logged
In this series, (from what I've seen), they show Lord Shiva with only two eyes. Was it shown like this from the beginning of the series? Was it the same in the legends as well? Did Lord Shiva acquire his third eye some point of time after this? Does anyone know if there are stories / legends of such an event? I'm wondering how they would be dealing with Kamadev's burning now...

Edited by Vibhishna - 19 May 2012 at 7:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.vanadhi

vanadhi IF-Dazzler
vanadhi
vanadhi

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

In this series, (from what I've seen), they show Lord Shiva with only two eyes. Was it shown like this from the beginning of the series? Was it the same in the legends as well? Did Lord Shiva acquire his third eye some point of time after this? Does anyone know if there are stories / legends of such an event? I'm wondering how they would be dealing with Kamadev's burning now...

Hey Vibhishana ,How are you? ,IN this series most of the miner points are diluted or not considered by them ,like that ,in their view ,Shivji will assume 3rd eye when he is angry ,perhaps they may show it during the birth of Karthikeya i think so .We all know Veerabadra and Badrakali came from his Third Eye only ,but in the series ,they just showed only a Light instead of Eye in that place .
SO every one here is confused due to it ...LOL ...Our Scripts and text says shivji 's third eye will open only at the time of need or angry ,so Cv's are misinterpreting it to be clean forehead at calm timesConfused

Edited by vanadhi - 20 May 2012 at 8:25pm
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Since this serial was taken from the book 'The immortals of Meluha', it is not following what the various puranas say, but following quite a different track.

Go to top