\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 65

Posted: 11 years ago
I have question guys, please help me!
why all the shakti piths are in India and no where else?
if it falls from space it can fall all over the world!
Originally posted by myedward12

I have question guys, please help me!
why all the shakti piths are in India and no where else?
if it falls from space it can fall all over the world!

Shakti peetha's r situated in Indian sub-continent not India alone 😊
^^^^ I think she meant that those things should have fallen all over this side of the earth e.g. Siberia, China, Central Asia, IndoChina, Indonesia, Persia and even in the oceans.  Unless Shiva was not at a major distance when the chakra cut up Sati's body, causing them to fall over just a limited area - within the Indian subcontinent.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

^^^^ I think she meant that those things should have fallen all over this side of the earth e.g. Siberia, China, Central Asia, IndoChina, Indonesia, Persia and even in the oceans.  Unless Shiva was not at a major distance when the chakra cut up Sati's body, causing them to fall over just a limited area - within the Indian subcontinent.

Hmm.. as far as I know Daksh's yagya took place in north eastern parts of India. Hence the major portion of the shakti peetha's r around bengal and north eastern parts of the country and also maybe everything took place in Bhulok hence Sati's body parts got scattered in and around the yagya area.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

^^^ There is one story here that I've read that describes one Manasa Devi.  As per the description
As the linked article points out, she's not a mainstream deity, but has a handful of followers.

Also, in Bengali tradition, Saraswati and Lakshmi are regarded as daughters of Durga.  Dunno whether that makes them Shiva's daughters as well.
What!! Shivji became sexually aroused by that image.. when  and how did it happen...omg!! this is really shocking yaar!! =O
@Reshma-many Indian stories specially about Gods have been also potrayed in an erotic way,i was shocked initially-but its a fact,i guess you are forgetting books like Kamasutra have originated from an Indian God,despite all the halaboo we put up regarding those things today we were pretty advanced in those ages!...while this same story some say is beacuse Mahadev touched the girls statue...while some say he got sexually aroused by it!similarly some texts make the Mohini and Mahadev actually had intercourse,while some say they just touched each other and through thier divine powers Ayappan was born!-its all about interpretation...some people like to interpret it in a more erotic way as compared to others...but as far as i know these erotic texts were written by local writers much after the original Puranas/Vedas were written!
but I havent heard of this Godess to be very honest,ive only heard of Ganapati,Skanda and Ayaapan being Mahadevs childern...most of these storied about him having daughters etc are local beliefs of small sects!
Originally posted by GoldenDew

Hmm.. as far as I know Daksh's yagya took place in north eastern parts of India. Hence the major portion of the shakti peetha's r around bengal and north eastern parts of the country and also maybe everything took place in Bhulok hence Sati's body parts got scattered in and around the yagya area.

yajna did not take place in north east. It took place in the northen reagion of kankhal which is near hardwar in uttaranchal. Manyt shaktipeeths are present in northen states of uttaranchal and himachal pradesh. Also in kankhal there is sati yagyashala and daksheshwar mahadev temple
Originally posted by NandiniPS

yajna did not take place in north east. It took place in the northen reagion of kankhal which is near hardwar in uttaranchal. Manyt shaktipeeths are present in northen states of uttaranchal and himachal pradesh. Also in kankhal there is sati yagyashala and daksheshwar mahadev temple

There r many conflicting opinions about the yagna sthali.. I was reading about sthalapurana of Kamakhya temple and there its mentioned about Daksha yagna taking place in north east.. whereas Wiki has a different story.. The place called Kottiyur is said to be yagna sthali I've seen the place myself 😊

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daksha#The_Yagna_of_Daksha

Well i am on moblie so cant post links. Do a google search on kankhal you will get the info. In the show also they mentioned kankhal as the place. Its a teerth. :) apart from wiki there are many other sources which say it was kankhal. The place has a sati kund. A daksha mahadev temple and a yagyashala.

Even in the show. Sati says she wants to go to kankhal immediately. Then lord vishnu says sati ka shareer kankhal main pada hai. Edited by NandiniPS - 11 years ago
Yesterday they showed Himavan & Mena were going to Balaji. Did Balaji's temple exist at the time of Sati?