Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 50)

cooldudette Senior Member
cooldudette
cooldudette

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Yes, according to the puranas, Tarakasura is granted boon by Bramha and this is after Sati has died.
So then Shiva-Parvati marriage happens and Kartikeya is born.

This show is deviating from what is written in the puranas...
In fact nothing shown till now seems to be written anywhere

Why are the creating a new story??????????

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sia889

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:40am | IP Logged
I also know that Tarkasur is from ShivParvati's time..Shiv don't want to marry after loosing Sati...so he is doing Tapasya...n also Parvati don't think about Shiva..Tarkasur know that Shiv said he don't marry to any other..noone can take place of sati..thats y he ask for the boon that only Shiv's son can kill him...but they show this now..Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

arshluver_15Sia889.Reshama.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Tarakasura got his boon from Shiva himself, not from Brahma.  Shiva granted him a boon that he couldn't be killed by anyone other than Shiva's own son.  But I don't recall anything being said about when Tarakasura got this boon - whether it was before the marriage of Sati, during their marriage or after her death.

So I'm guessing this serial ain't gonna show Simhamukha & Surapadman?

mnx12.Reshama.shali

sattvik IF-Dazzler
sattvik
sattvik

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
VRISH VRISH VRISH.

Kartikeya was older than Ganesh. Ganesh was created by Parvati Maa right?

So... I personally thought Tarkasur took advantage of Sati's demise and thinking that Shiv would never marry again so therefore not have another Son, he asked for the boon to be killed via Shiv's Son. I think after Shiv gave the boon, he went back into his Tap and then Kaamdev had to wake him from it so that Shiv was aware of what is happening and for him to have a son and also Parvati Maa was waiting for him too (I think). Kartikeya was then born... before Parvati maa's marriage to Shiv so this makes him elder to Ganesh... because at the time, Shiv was still unmarried/widowed after Sati's departure when Kartikeya was born. After that, Parvati Maa did her Tap and attained Shiv and then Ganesh came about etc.

I hope I cracked it, but let me know if I'm wrong.
OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sattvik

VRISH VRISH VRISH.

Kartikeya was older than Ganesh. Ganesh was created by Parvati Maa right?

So... I personally thought Tarkasur took advantage of Sati's demise and thinking that Shiv would never marry again so therefore not have another Son, he asked for the boon to be killed via Shiv's Son. I think after Shiv gave the boon, he went back into his Tap and then Kaamdev had to wake him from it so that Shiv was aware of what is happening and for him to have a son and also Parvati Maa was waiting for him too (I think). Kartikeya was then born... before Parvati maa's marriage to Shiv so this makes him elder to Ganesh... because at the time, Shiv was still unmarried/widowed after Sati's departure when Kartikeya was born. After that, Parvati Maa did her Tap and attained Shiv and then Ganesh came about etc.

I hope I cracked it, but let me know if I'm wrong.
no dear Ganesha is elder then Kartikya...Devi Parvati made Ganesha first...Kartikya born after that n Ganesha teach Kartikya how to fight...n win the fight..there is also a story that when Shiv ji n Maa Parvati think about Ganesha's marriage Kartikya told them that first he want to marry...but Shiv ji n Maa Parvati told him that it can't b possible bcoz he is younger then Ganesha...but he told them that he will leave...then they told him who will so parikrama of the earth 7 times n came back first will marry first..then Kartikya went for parikrama..but Ganesha did parikrama of Shiv n Parvati..bcoz in the Sastra perents r similar to the whole world for children...so Shiv ji n maa Parvati declaire Ganesha win n done the Marriage..when Kartikaya came back he saw that Ganesha marriage first...so he was upset with this n leave Kailash...
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged

Time In Hinduism: The Yuga 

http://www.sanskrit.org/www/Hindu%20Primer/yugatime.html

Hinduism perceives time to flow in great cycles called yugas. There are four yugas and depending upon the yuga the duration varies. The four yugas along with their duration in earthly years are:

Yuga Cycle
The yuga cycle

Satya Yuga       1,728,000

Treta Yuga        1,296,000
Dvapara Yuga      864,000

Kali Yuga             432,000

Total                  4,320,000  One yuga cycle.

I say earthly years because Hindu scripture gives the years as divine years'time according to the calculation of the Gods. Notice that the basic number is 432,000, the age of Kali yuga, and so dvapara is twice that number, treta is 3 times that number and satya is four times that number. One rotation of these four yugas is called a yuga cycle which is a total of 4,320,000 years. A thousand yuga cycles is called a kalpa and therefore a kalpa is 4,320,000,000 years. Time moves on in these great cycles, yuga after yuga, kalpa after kalpa, eternally.

To give an example how such huge numbers are used, consider the lifetime of Brahma, the four headed creator God. Brahma's life span is calculated according to yuga time. One kalpa is said to be the 12 hours of Brahma's day, so his 24 hour day is two kalpas in length. That means 24 hours of Brahma's time is 8,640,000,000 earthly years! His year is 365 days long and he lives for a 100 years. I leave it to my readers to do the math. My calculator does not have enough places to calculate the vast lifetime of Brahma. I am amazed by size of the numbers that the early Hindu thinkers were dealing with.

.It is said that we are now living within the Kali yuga, which started about 5000 years ago. Each of these yugas is said to have a certain quality of life. Kali yuga is the worst of times because it is the time of quarrel and deceit. The level of morality and spirituality is greatly decreased and the maximum span of life one can expect is only 100 years. In the previous yuga, Dvapara Yuga, life is said to have been much better. The lifetime of a human being during the Dvapara Yuga could be as much as 1000 years. Life was more vibrant and spirituality was greatly increased. It is described how a human being stood as much as 12 feet tall and how the trees and animals are much larger as well. The Treta yuga was an even better time with the maximum life span as much 10,000 years. Spirituality is even higher, and finally, in the best of times, the Satya Yuga the life of a human being could be up to 100,000 years! The Mahabharata and the Puranas are full of stories from the various yugas describing scenes of people living for huge periods of time. The great sage Vishwamitra, for example, mediated in water for 60,000 years before his meditation was broken by the beautiful Menaka. Their union brought about the famous Shakuntala, the heroin of many famous stories and plays in Sanskrit. Similarly, in many of the Puranas, ten avataras of Vishnu are said to repeatedly appear throughout the yuga cycles. Rama always appears during the Treta Yuga, Krishna appears at the end of Dvapara, and Kalki, the final avatara comes at the end of Kali Yuga to destroy all things and prepare the way for the next Satya Yuga. There are, therefore, many appearances of Rama, Krishna, and the other avataras. This is all takes place within the great cycles of yuga time.

Edited by mnx12 - 02 March 2012 at 3:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

flamingo_aries.Reshama.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged
I forgot to note - page 50!!! Clap

Mnx

I thought that Satya Yuga was 10 times longer than Treta Yuga, Treta Yuga was 10 times longer than Dwapar Yuga and Dwapar Yuga 10 times Kal Yuga.

Deboleena & Sattvik

On whether Ganesh or Kartikeya was older, we discussed this some pages ago.  Scriptures in Northern traditions have it that Kartikeya was older, while Southern traditions flip it around.

Anyway, whether Kartikeya or Ganesh was older is somewhat tangential to whether Taraka took advantage of Sati's demise.  In the Southern traditions, Taraka was the youngest of the 3 brothers - Surapadman, Simhamukha and Taraka, and Surapadman was the one who requested the boon that they not be defeated by any power except Shiva's.  In the scriptures that have only Taraka, he was the one who requested the boon.  Since the various stories are written in isolated chapters which are not chronologically arranged, it's unclear about whether Taraka took advantage of Sati's death and asked to be killed by Shiva's son, or something else.  Going by the ACKs, as usual, the one about Shiva & Parvati shows Shiva being the one to grant Taraka the boon that he'd not be defeated by any power except his.  The one about Kartikeya shows him granting the same boon to Surapadman.

I'm guessing - from what they're showing - that they're not gonna show Surapadman & Simhamukha.

mnx12.Reshama.shali

akhl IF-Rockerz
akhl
akhl

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Mnx

I thought that Satya Yuga was 10 times longer than Treta Yuga, Treta Yuga was 10 times longer than Dwapar Yuga and Dwapar Yuga 10 times Kal Yuga.

Mnx is right. The total duration of one cycle of the 4 yugas is 10 times Kali yuga.
Satya yuga = 4 * kali yuga
Treta yuga = 3 * kali yuga
Dwapar yuga = 2 * kali yuga
Kali yuga = 1  kali yuga

Adding them, we get
(4+3+2+1) kali yuga
= 10 kali yuga

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish.raaspach.Reshama.Sia889shali

Go to top