Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 40)

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Can anyone please enlighten me on how to keep a Mahashivratri fast and its significance?
Mahashivaratri's fast is kept for 24 hrs, staring from early morning on the day till next morning, is broken with prasad offered to Lord Shiva. Milk & fruits can be taken. Doing abhisheka with Shivmahimnastotra or Rudri path or Om Namah Shivay or Mahamrityujaya mantra is followed depending on your tradition. But during 4 prahars Abhisheka is offered with Laghu-Rudra path in temples.
The most exciting scene, I have found is, at night on some regional tv channels all 12 Jyotirlings are shown on  a single screen live. It's an amazing scene seeing all the 12 Jyotirlings on Mahashivratri night.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavaanimyedward12.Vrish.shali

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by .Reshama.

Is Hanumanji a avatar(11th ansh) of shivji? Can somebody explain it for me?Wink

He was born out of one of Shiva's limbs.  I describe him as a partial avatar in this sense - unlike avatars like Rama or Krishna, who, during their presence on earth, Vaikuntha was empty, but the same was not true about Hanuman.  He is immortal, but Shiva exists separately even though Hanuman exists.  Whereas in Rama's case, Kaal went to persuade him to return to Vaikuntha, while Krishna too was taken back there after being shot.

In serials, they sometimes show Rama or Krishna on earth at the same time that Narayan is in Vaikuntha, which is wrong.  But for Hanuman, both he & Mahadev exist simultaneously & separately.
if hanumanji was born out of shivs limbs then he is also panchamukha like shivji.
if someone pray to hanumanji does the bhakti,pooja,jaap,mantra  for hanumanji  will shivji get some of that from hanumanji's bhakts???Embarrassed
Wasnt hanumanji the 11th rudra avatar from shivji??

Edited by .Reshama. - 02 February 2012 at 4:01am
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 4:05am | IP Logged

Mnx

Mahadev saved Banasura from DBSK, after being on the losing end of a battle w/ DBSK, but he managed to save you as well?  Impressive LOL

Oh, and I forgot about Mohini - Vishnu, in that form, did manage to attract Shiva, and when a Shiva-Vishnu offspring was needed to slay Mahishi, Mohini became Shiva's wife for that purpose.
DkDM has helped me retain my sanity after watching DBSK, so for me Mahadevji has rescued me.
Did Mohini- Vishnu wanted to marry Shivji? In his Mohini form Vishnuji tricked everyone & we got Rahu & Ketu as an addition to the planets.
.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Mnx

Mahadev saved Banasura from DBSK, after being on the losing end of a battle w/ DBSK, but he managed to save you as well?  Impressive LOL

Oh, and I forgot about Mohini - Vishnu, in that form, did manage to attract Shiva, and when a Shiva-Vishnu offspring was needed to slay Mahishi, Mohini became Shiva's wife for that purpose.
DkDM has helped me retain my sanity after watching DBSK, so for me Mahadevji has rescued me.
Did Mohini- Vishnu wanted to marry Shivji? In his Mohini form Vishnuji tricked everyone & we got Rahu & Ketu as an addition to the planets.
so mohini and shivji consumate for offspring?how is that possible Shocked
shivji was mesmerized by mohini , didnt he knew it was vishnuji himself?2 manforms???Confused
so he had hawas for mohini?? didint shivji think of parvati that moment?
 sorry for asking am cunfused nowConfused

Edited by .Reshama. - 02 February 2012 at 4:14am
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 4:50am | IP Logged
There is a story about why Shiva had a son through Mohini.

The reason was that a boon given to "Mahishi", cousin of Mahishasur, who was slain by Durga.
After his death, his cousin Mahishi in a fit of rage to avenge her cousin's death does a severe penance and asks for the boon of immortality from Brahma but since this wasn't possible Brahma tells her to ask for another boon which was 'near to immortality' Mahishi slyly asks that a son from Vishnu and Shiva's union should slay her; Brahma chuckles and says 'so be it' n vanishes. Mahishi is so thrilled thinking she's almost immortal now because both Vishnu n Shiva both being male, how could they reproduce a son??

As usual she became a tyrant, troubling the three worlds...

All the worried Devtas approach Vishnu & Shiv for help, it is then Vishnu takes the form of Mohini 'enchantress' and consummate with Shiva, thus a son is born to them, who has the powers of Shiva & Vishnu  The baby is left in the forest and a King called 'Pandalam' who is childless, adopts the baby calling him Manikandan , because of a gem adorning his neck.

Manikandan is very reared very lovingly by the king & queen, untill the queen has her own son. She starts hating Manikandan and wants him out of the way so that her real son can become the crown prince so she sends Manikandan to the forest pretending to have a stomach ache n that it can be cured only by drinking milk of a tigress.  Manikandan sets out to forest & it is here he encounters Mahishi & kills her.

The story continues, but the main reason for Vishnu & Shiva having a son together was to get rid of Mahishi.

Edited by .Vrish. - 02 February 2012 at 4:55am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shali.Reshama.

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged

There is a story about why Shiva had a son through Mohini.

The reason was that a boon given to "Mahishi", cousin of Mahishasur, who was slain by Durga.
After his death, his cousin Mahishi in a fit of rage to avenge her cousin's death does a severe penance and asks for the boon of immortality from Brahma but since this wasn't possible Brahma tells her to ask for another boon which was 'near to immortality' Mahishi slyly asks that a son from Vishnu and Shiva's union should slay her; Brahma chuckles and says 'so be it' n vanishes. Mahishi is so thrilled thinking she's almost immortal now because both Vishnu n Shiva both being male, how could they reproduce a son??

As usual she became a tyrant, troubling the three worlds...

All the worried Devtas approach Vishnu & Shiv for help, it is then Vishnu takes the form of Mohini 'enchantress' and consummate with Shiva, thus a son is born to them, who has the powers of Shiva & Vishnu  The baby is left in the forest and a King called 'Pandalam' who is childless, adopts the baby calling him Manikandan , because of a gem adorning his neck.

Manikandan is very reared very lovingly by the king & queen, untill the queen has her own son. She starts hating Manikandan and wants him out of the way so that her real son can become the crown prince so she sends Manikandan to the forest pretending to have a stomach ache n that it can be cured only by drinking milk of a tigress.  Manikandan sets out to forest & it is here he encounters Mahishi & kills her.

The story continues, but the main reason for Vishnu & Shiva having a son together was to get rid of Mahishi.
how is it possible they consumate they are both male gods??.s didnt they consumate went by with divya proces without toutching each other? And manikandan is a part of vishnuji and shivji,do u have more info about this god?

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Mohini was a female form that Vishnu assumed for this purpose - since he knew that a son was required of him & Shiva, he took the female role, became Mohini the enchantress, and then consummated w/ Mahadev and had the son.  Had Vishnu in his natural form tried it, it wouldn't have worked (which is why Mahishi asked).

I have no idea about the consummation details - I think it happened as you describe - w/o touching each other.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shali

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 02 February 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by .Reshama.

[QUOTE=.Vrish.]Mnx

I'm not talking about girls in this forum ROFL - I'm talking about women of that time.  Except Sati and later Parvati, I'm not aware that any woman was enamored of him.  Was Reshma asking about any women in the show, or was she asking about posters in this forum?

Had anyone been, given how easily Mahadev fulfilled the desires of his bhakts, such a woman would easily have gotten Mahadev for a husband - at least in the form of one of his avatars, like Hanuman.

@Vrish, till now it is not shown anywhere, nor have I read any where that many women falling for Shivji. He was loyal to only his Shakti first, Sati, then Parvati. Mahadev was seen as God, a protector, he is called Bholenath, because he can be pleased easily. I ve promised myself, I'll stick to only +ve aspects. Mahadev has rescued me from DBSK.Big smile                                   @Reshma, where is it shown that many women are falling for Shivji, please enlighten meSmile
@mnx plz look at page 3 of think link.Smile

Edited by .Reshama. - 02 February 2012 at 7:21am

Go to top