Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 28)

akhl IF-Rockerz
akhl
akhl

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Question please...
Shukrasharya is supposed to be Mahrishi Birgus son right?..
so how are they of such diffrent beliefs..Brigu with the Devas and Shukracharya supporting the Danavs?
is there a story behind this?

Shukracharya became the guru of Asuras because of his hatred towards Lord Vishnu. The hatred arose because Vishnu once killed Shukracharya's mother when she had given shelter to the asuras.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

satyavarshini.Vrish.shali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged
But when was Bhrigu ever allied to the Devas?  I thought that Bhrigu was pretty much neutral, while Shukracharya was supportive of the Asuras due to the above reason.

Also, the above story about Shukracharya being tricked - was that the last of his association w/ the demons?  After all, he was the guru of Bali b4 Bali surrendered to Vamana, and later, he was the guru of Indrajit (although not of Ravana)  The incident w/ Kacha & Devyani probably took place b4 the time of Indrajit, since after the passing of Rama & his brothers, the Druhyus overthrew either Bharat's or Shatrughan's dynasty.  In other words, despite being let down first by Bali, and then by Vrishaparva's asuras, he never seemed to abandon the asuras, probably due to his grandfather being Hiranyaksha.

satyavarshinimnx12shali

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Brigu doesnt seem very neutral in the show-always supporting Daksh who is pro-Devta...
it seems a bit weird because when i read the story-on the sagar world website,it didnt seem like that...
thanks for the answer!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

satyavarshini

satyavarshini Newbie
satyavarshini
satyavarshini

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Brigu doesnt seem very neutral in the show-always supporting Daksh who is pro-Devta...
it seems a bit weird because when i read the story-on the sagar world website,it didnt seem like that...
thanks for the answer!
  sage brigu in the show even said that it is good to bind with sukracharya than with siva.

@vrish ---if i am not wrong after rebirth in kacha devayani story, sukracharya lost power of giving birth to dead as he himself has taken rebirth or he has told mantram to devayani. pl clarify th u - satya

Edited by satyavarshini - 23 January 2012 at 5:59am
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 6:42am | IP Logged
satyavarshini

No, Shukracharya didn't lose that power - it's just that the asuras lost their advantage.  Previously, only Shukracharya knew it, but nobody sympathetic to the devas did, which is why Kacha was sent.  After Kacha was restored to life and restored Shukracharya to life, both of them had that capability, but Devyani cursed him that he'd not be able to relieve anybody who was killed despite knowing this secret.  Kacha recognized this curse, but said that he'd still be able to teach it to others, who could use it.  But I haven't heard of whether Kacha actually taught that to anyone else so that the devasura wars could be tipped more neutrally.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

satyavarshinishali

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bharat9

Originally posted by mnx12

Vasuki is the name of snake around the neck of Lord Shiva as per many books. Why the snake is curled 3 times around Shiva's neck? Three coils represents past, present & future time in cycle. p

@red: but arent there 2 coils around Shiva's neck?
The snake around Shivji's neck in the show has 2 & 1/2 coils, can be taken as 3 coils.
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Is Vasuki the snake around Shiva's neck?  I thought he was the 1000 headed king of snakes, who Vishnu used in the Matsya avatar as a rope to tie the boat w/ the saptarshis to his horn so that he could take them to safety, and hand them the vedas.  Vishnu also used him during the samudra-manthan as a rope to churn the ocean using the mountain (I'm forgetting its name).  Interestingly enough, Vishnu used Vasuki instead of his own Sesha-nag for this purpose.

So it would seem to me that the snake Mahadev had/has around his neck is someone other than Vasuki.

mnx12shalianku-

MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by MithiBani

Can somone help me with the bhajan/song sung by Dadhichi and others in today's eppy? Didn't understand a word but had goosebumps. Anyone?
That stuti by Dadhichi  is "Rudrastaka"

Thank you so much mnx!! Thumbs Up You're a star!! Star Star

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12shali

Go to top