Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 24)

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged

About Vritrasura:

Daksha created sons, but came to know that his sons became sanyasi's, so he created another thousand but they also met Naradji and they also became sanyasi's. Daksha got angry and cursed all the sadhu's that they will never be able to settle down anywhere.

Naradji then appeared and rather than giving Daksha a curse in return he advised daksha that he should create Daughter rather than sons. Daksha created sixty daughter. Ten weded dharma, thirteen to Kashyap muni, twenty seven to Chandra, two to Angira , two to Tarksh, two to krushaswa and two to Bhuta deva.

Out of the thirteen that are weded to Kashyap, one is called Ditti and one is called Aditti. All the sons of Ditti became demonic and all the sons of Aditti became devine. Aditti had twelve sons and the eldest was Vivaswaan also know as sun.son number two is Aryaman, third is Pusha and fourth twatsta. Twatsta has two sons. Samvinesh and Vishvaroop. All the devta made Vishvaroop a Guru and then Killed him. Bhrhaspati left the deva and so the deva made Vishvaroop a guru.

One day indra invited all the deva and some dancer to perform. When the dancer were performing , Indra and all deva were so engrossed that when Bhrhaspati, their guru, was arriving they continued to observe the dance and did not pay their respect to the Guru. Bhrhaspati went back to the Ashram, said to his wife Taramati, from today I am no lobger the Guru of the devas. I am going on meditation and should some one ask for me then let them that I am meditaion but not sure where.

The devas were all still very much involved in the dancing. For self enjoyment.
There are two form of dancing, one for self enjoyment and the other for the Lord.

Sukracharya realised that the devas no longer have a guru and to asked all the Asura to attack the heaven as it is now weak. The asura took over the heaven and the devas went to Brahma for advised. Brahma advised that Vishvaroop would make a good Guru.

All the devas went to see Vishvaroop and said that we have come you as guest and need you to be our Guru. Vishvaroop replied, "you did not look after your Guru, how can I be sure that you will look after me?"

The devas started pleading so Vishvaroop agreed. First Vishvaroop gave Indra the knowledge of Narayan Kavach. Armed with this Indra attacked the Asura and reclaimed the heaven. After reclaiming the heaven Indra performed a yagna.and drank Somrup. Vishvaroop gave some somrus to the Asura because to him the asura and devas are equall, and that created conflict with Vishvaroop and devas and Indra Killed Vishvaroop. Vishvaroop's Father Twatsta became very angry and performed a Yagno to created an enemy of indra to kill indra.

However performing pooja in anger leads to mistakes and and that can mean a heavy price. Twatata , instead of asking for a son who can kill Indra he asked for a son who would be kill be Indra. A large figure came out of the yagna called Vritrasur.Twatsta asked Vritrasur to go and kill Indra. Sucrachrya asked all the asura to help Vritrasur and once again a great war took place. The deva are very powerfull and death of vritrasur is certain.Vitrasura still fought well. The fight went on and it soon became dark. Vtritrasur destroyed all the devas weapons and the devas ran to brahma.Brahma advised that they should go and make a weapon from bones of Dadhichi rushi. Indra went to Dadhichi rushi and for his bones .

Dadhichi said that to give up ones body for the sake of the society is an act of seva. Dadhichi took samathi and surrender his bones to Indra. Then Indra went back into battle armed with this divine weapon. Indra was going to kill Vrutrasur. Just then he request that he want to do s Stuti to the Lord before his death. In the stusti Vritrasur asked the Lord that is waiting to become the servant of his servant. Vristrasur then died at the hands of Lord Indra.

Vritrasur was a son of a Brahman so after killing Vritrasusr Indra went to mansaravar and hid in the lake to punish himself. Indra wives went to Bhrhaspati and asked for forgiveness and become the Guru of the Devas again. And lso releave Indra from his bad deed of killing a Brahman. Brhaspati agreed and indra was soon back in heavens.

Edited by mnx12 - 16 January 2012 at 2:13am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhishaliIntrepidaOtakuGirl-Debo

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

About Vritrasura:

Daksha created sons, but came to know that his sons became sanyasi's, so he created another thousand but they also met Naradji and they also became sanyasi's. Daksha got angry and cursed all the sadhu's that they will never be able to settle down anywhere.

Naradji then appeared and rather than giving Daksha a curse in return he advised daksha that he should create Daughter rather than sons. Daksha created sixty daughter. Ten weded dharma, thirteen to Kashyap muni, twenty seven to Chandra, two to Angira , two to Tarksh, two to krushaswa and two to Bhuta deva.

Out of the thirteen that are weded to Kashyap, one is called Ditti and one is called Aditti. All the sons of Ditti became demonic and all the sons of Aditti became devine. Aditti had twelve sons and the eldest was Vivaswaan also know as sun.son number two is Aryaman, third is Pusha and fourth twatsta. Twatsta has two sons. Samvinesh and Vishvaroop. All the devta made Vishvaroop a Guru and then Killed him. Bhrhaspati left the deva and so the deva made Vishvaroop a guru.

One day indra invited all the deva and some dancer to perform. When the dancer were performing , Indra and all deva were so engrossed that when Bhrhaspati, their guru, was arriving they continued to observe the dance and did not pay their respect to the Guru. Bhrhaspati went back to the Ashram, said to his wife Taramati, from today I am no lobger the Guru of the devas. I am going on meditation and should some one ask for me then let them that I am meditaion but not sure where.

The devas were all still very much involved in the dancing. For self enjoyment.
There are two form of dancing, one for self enjoyment and the other for the Lord.

Sukracharya realised that the devas no longer have a guru and to asked all the Asura to attack the heaven as it is now weak. The asura took over the heaven and the devas went to Brahma for advised. Brahma advised that Vishvaroop would make a good Guru.

All the devas went to see Vishvaroop and said that we have come you as guest and need you to be our Guru. Vishvaroop replied, "you did not look after your Guru, how can I be sure that you will look after me?"

The devas started pleading so Vishvaroop agreed. First Vishvaroop gave Indra the knowledge of Narayan Kavach. Armed with this Indra attacked the Asura and reclaimed the heaven. After reclaiming the heaven Indra performed a yagna.and drank Somrup. Vishvaroop gave some somrus to the Asura because to him the asura and devas are equall, and that created conflict with Vishvaroop and devas and Indra Killed Vishvaroop. Vishvaroop's Father Twatsta became very angry and performed a Yagno to created an enemy of indra to kill indra.

However performing pooja in anger leads to mistakes and and that can mean a heavy price. Twatata , instead of asking for a son who can kill Indra he asked for a son who would be kill be Indra. A large figure came out of the yagna called Vritrasur.Twatsta asked Vritrasur to go and kill Indra. Sucrachrya asked all the asura to help Vritrasur and once again a great war took place. The deva are very powerfull and death of vritrasur is certain.Vitrasura still fought well. The fight went on and it soon became dark. Vtritrasur destroyed all the devas weapons and the devas ran to brahma.Brahma advised that they should go and make a weapon from bones of Dadhichi rushi. Indra went to Dadhichi rushi and for his bones .

Dadhichi said that to give up ones body for the sake of the society is an act of seva. Dadhichi took samathi and surrender his bones to Indra. Then Indra went back into battle armed with this divine weapon. Indra was going to kill Vrutrasur. Just then he request that he want to do s Stuti to the Lord before his death. In the stusti Vritrasur asked the Lord that is waiting to become the servant of his servant. Vristrasur then died at the hands of Lord Indra.

Vritrasur was a son of a Brahman so after killing Vritrasusr Indra went to mansaravar and hid in the lake to punish himself. Indra wives went to Bhrhaspati and asked for forgiveness and become the Guru of the Devas again. And lso releave Indra from his bad deed of killing a Brahman. Brhaspati agreed and indra was soon back in heavens.

the wepon made by Dadhichi's bone is called Bajra...Dadhichi is still in the show n Vritrasur is also alive..it means Indra still don't have his Bajra...but in the show I think Shiv ji will kill Vritrasur...then?Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 2:49am | IP Logged
the wepon made by Dadhichi's bone is called Bajra...Dadhichi is still in the show n Vritrasur is also alive..it means Indra still don't have his Bajra...but in the show I think Shiv ji will kill Vritrasur...then?Confused[/QUOTE]
There were many wars between devas & asuras, this story is yet to happen. Now Vritrasura will start troubling devas. Then their war, Indra will be defeated, then Vajra will be made from Dadhichi's bones, Shivji will not kill him, Indra will kill him.

Edited by mnx12 - 16 January 2012 at 3:16am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaliOtakuGirl-Debo

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged

the wepon made by Dadhichi's bone is called Bajra...Dadhichi is still in the show n Vritrasur is also alive..it means Indra still don't have his Bajra...but in the show I think Shiv ji will kill Vritrasur...then?Confused
There were many wars between devas & asuras, this story is yet to happen. Now Vritrasura will start troubling devas. Then their war, Indra will be defeated, then Vajra will be made from Dadhichi's bones, Shivji will not kill him, Indra will kill him. [/QUOTE]
oh...tanx...
hey Sukrachrya is a guru n also a Rishi...so y in the show they give him this look?isn't his look like a Muni or Rishi?
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:51am | IP Logged
hey Sukrachrya is a guru n also a Rishi...so y in the show they give him this look?isn't his look like a Muni or Rishi?
[/QUOTE]
Shukracharya : is the Preceptor of the asuras, their chief priest and martial guru. Sukracharya is a great worshipper of the Supreme Lord, but remains supportive of the Asuras, who are often identified as atheistic and demonic in nature
He was their martial guru too, that explains his warrior look

Edited by mnx12 - 16 January 2012 at 4:13am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shaliIntrepidaOtakuGirl-Debo

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
yeah guess so...Confused
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged

Shukracharya : is the Preceptor of the asuras, their chief priest and martial guru. Sukracharya is a great worshipper of the Supreme Lord, but remains supportive of the Asuras, who are often identified as atheistic and demonic in nature
He was their martial guru too, that explains his warrior look
[/QUOTE]
oh...don't know about that..I always thought that he is like Brahaspati...n in every Mythological show they show Shukrachrya as a Rishi...this is kind a new thing..Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

Story of Nandi

http://www.godandguru.com/shiv-puran/chapter-35.html 

There was a sage named Shilada. He once saw that his ancestors were being tortured in hell. When he tried to find out why this was so, he was told that htis was because Shilada did not yet have a son.

To obtain a son, Shilada began to pray to Shiva. He prayed for a thousand years. At the end of the tapasya, Shiva appeared and offered to grant Shilada a boon. Shilada wanted the boon that he might have a virtuous son.

A few days later, when Shilada was ploughing the land, he discovered a baby boy on the blade of theplough. The boy was as bright as the sun and the fire. Shilada was frightened and started to run away. But the boy called after him, Father, stop. Father, stop, A voice was then heard from the sky.

This voice told Shilada that this was the son he had wanted. Since this son would make everyone happy, he was to be named Nandi.

Shilada brought nandi home to his mermitage. He taught his son the Vedas, the arts of the medicine and fighting, dancing and singing and several other sacred texts. All this Nandi mastered within fifteen days.

When nandi was seven years old, two powerful sages arrived in Shilada's hermitage. Their names were Mitra and Varuna. Shilada worshipped them and presented Nandi before them. The sages blessed Nandi with the words, Be learned, be faithful to your teacher.

Shilada said, Sages, why didn't you bless my son with a long life?

We couldn't, replied the sages. Your son is going to die when he is eight years old. That is written in his stars.

Shilada was crestfallen to hear this, but Nandi consoled his father. He promised his father that he would do something so tha this fate would have to be rewritten. He would pray to Shiva. And when he met Shiva, he would ask of him a boon.

Meeting Shiva, exclaimed Shilada. I had to meditate for a thousand years before I could get to meet Shiva. How do you expect to meet Shiva in the one year tha tis left to you?'

Wait and see, father, replied Nandi. Shiva is difficult to meet if you only perform tapasya or thirst for knowledge. The secret lies in faith and devotion. I will manage.

There is a river named Bhuvana. Nandi entered this river and began underwater prayers to Shiva . His efforts pleased Shiva so much that Shiva appeared before him.

What boon do you want? asked Shiva.

Please grant me the boon that I may be devote to you, replied Nandi. I don't want to be born become old and die.

Shiva granted Nandi the boon tha the and his father would get to live in Shiva's residence in Shivaloka. Shiva's companions are known as ?ganas. Shiva made Nandi ganapati, the chief of the ganas and retained him as a perpetu ? companion. Shiva also gave Nandi a wonderful garland to wear.

As soon as he put this garland on, Nandi became resplendent with three eyes and ten hands.

Edited by mnx12 - 17 January 2012 at 11:46pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

neetukkarimaanaashiLifeallura_gReenheaRt_.Reshama.OtakuGirl-DeboshaliIntrepidaMithiBani

Go to top