Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 19)

Sia889 IF-Sizzlerz
Sia889
Sia889

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by shruti.nil

mythologically speaking no such mahasabha is mentioned..the only yagya mentioned is the one where Sati in a fit a rage self immolates herself,but that is afer she married Mahadev!

Actually, there was one mahasabha b4 that hosted by Daksha which Shiva & Sati attended.  When Daksha entered, everybody stood up to greet him, except Shiva (I forget what Sati did).  Daksha took it as a sign of disrespect from his damaat, while Shiva noted his attitude but didn't stand b'cos he knew that if he did, Daksha would be harmed as a result of a superior disrespecting him.  That's what caused him to hold the yagna where he deliberately didn't invite Shiva, and where Sati went uninvited and the rest was history.

But on the story that is being shown, didn't Daksha hold a mahasabha b4 that that Shiva attended?  Also, from what I recall, the reason Daksha gave Sati to Shiva was on Brahma's instructions - something he told Sati during their final confrontation.

I have another question.  I caught part of an episode last week where Chandra was riding w/ Rohini/Revathy (?) on his chariot, and it was being driven by what looked like reindeer ShockedROFL  Can anyone clarify what Chandra's vehicle was?  Assuming it was a chariot, wouldn't it have been drawn by horses, like everyone else?  In that episode, Chandra looked like a cute Hindu version of Santa, except for the beard, and the white instead of red and so on.  But I was surely amused by the look of it. LOL

RolfffROFL..that Santa thought occurred to me too lol...Hi5'sWink
I liked those deer or whateva those are called
LOL

Edited by Killer_Shark - 11 January 2012 at 8:46am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aashiLife.Vrish...Naina..shali

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Chandra's chariot is supposed to be pulled by 10 white horses or rams or 1-2 antelopes or 7 geese. I believe here they intended them to be antelopes but it seems they goofed up with the animation, giving them antlers instead of horns. LOL

Edited by Kal El - 11 January 2012 at 3:33am

.Vrish...Naina..OtakuGirl-DeboSia889

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:34am | IP Logged

I have another question.  I caught part of an episode last week where Chandra was riding w/ Rohini/Revathy (?) on his chariot, and it was being driven by what looked like reindeer ShockedROFL  Can anyone clarify what Chandra's vehicle was?  Assuming it was a chariot, wouldn't it have been drawn by horses, like everyone else?  In that episode, Chandra looked like a cute Hindu version of Santa, except for the beard, and the white instead of red and so on.  But I was surely amused by the look of it. LOL

lol...same thought came into my mind too!!! lol...that was really funny...dont know why they have shown the chariot in this way. a big chariot with horses would have been better...well...

.Vrish...Naina..Sia889shali

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged
@Vrish Chandra's vehicle is supposed to be an Antelope-which looks something like a deer or a rabbit..
but those were reindeers...ROFL,my dad said is Chandra Santa Claus?..why is a driving a reindeer...
Major goof Up!

Edited by shruti.nil - 11 January 2012 at 9:08am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish...Naina..OtakuGirl-DeboshaliMithiBani

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged

@Vrish Chandra's vehicle is supposed to be an Antelope-which looks something like a deer or a rabbit..
but those were reindeers...ROFL,my dad said is Chandra Santa Claus?..why is a driving a reindeer...
Major goof Up!

ur answers is cracking me upROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
can someone tell me why isnt there much info about sati?
varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged

I have another question.  I caught part of an episode last week where Chandra was riding w/ Rohini/Revathy (?) on his chariot

Should be Rohini, since he favoured her the most, which was what caused Daksha to curse Chandra in the first place. 

I remember you asking whether there was a sudden shortage of eligible grooms that 27 of Daksha's daughters had to marry the same guy. The fact is these were / are the 27 nakshatras who were anyway linked with the moon. It is an example of a mythological story created to explain a celestial phenomenon. 

.Vrish...Naina..OtakuGirl-Deboshali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Major goof Up!

Antelope looks like deer, except their antlers branch out.  They're not rabbits - that's a whole different animal.  But yeah, what they showed was just priceless, as pictured here ROFL

Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

http://www.facebook.com/DevonKeDev.Mahadev.LifeOK

Just wish I can get a siggie made of one or more of these LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..OtakuGirl-Deboshali

Go to top