Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

   
Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 17)

shali IF-Sizzlerz
shali
shali

Joined: 15 December 2005
Posts: 16566

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
@Mnx...
 
thank you so much...
that is a bheatifull explanation...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Joined: 18 February 2008
Posts: 3556

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by shali

second Q... why does Shiva caries a chanderma in his hair...
 
http://devdutt.com/the-waxing-of-the-waning-employee/ 

Chandra, the moon-god, disobeyed his father-in-law, Daksha Prajapati. Daksha had given him 27 wives and told him that he should love all wives equally.  Chandra, however, preferred only one of them. An angry Daksha, therefore cursed Chandra, that he would suffer from the wasting disease. Each day, his luster would wane and eventually he would disappear forever.  As a result, the moon started to wane.  A terrified Chandra did not know what to do. Being a Deva, a sky-god, he turned to his king, Indra, and begged him for help.  "The only person you can turn to is Shiva," said Indra,  "because he is not a Deva.  He is a Maha-Deva, greater than all gods put together."

Chandra went to Shiva but Shiva was a silent god, with eyes shut, deep in meditation.  Chandra sat before him, trembling, afraid, desperate for help.  Shiva opened his eyes, looked at the miserable moon-god. Without speaking a word,  Shiva picked Chandra up and gently placed him on his forehead. Instantly, the moon began to wax once again.  Daksha had caused Chandra to degenerate; Shiva had helped him regenerate. Chandra realized why Indra had addressed Shiva as Maha-deva; he was not just god (spelt without capitals).  He was God (spelt in capitals). Chandra established the festival of Shiva-ratri each month, at the tail end of the waning half of the lunar month.  And once a year, he established the Maha-Shiva-ratri, to mark the end of the winter months and the waxing of the summer seasons.



thanks for the info!
 
exit questions: As per the story line, why are Chandrma's parents scared for Chandrma to send to Mahasabha? What is going to happen in the Mahasabha?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish...Naina..-Srushti-

INTOXIAHCATED Senior Member
INTOXIAHCATED
INTOXIAHCATED

Joined: 09 July 2011
Posts: 958

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by shali

second Q... why does Shiva caries a chanderma in his hair...
 
http://devdutt.com/the-waxing-of-the-waning-employee/ 

Chandra, the moon-god, disobeyed his father-in-law, Daksha Prajapati. Daksha had given him 27 wives and told him that he should love all wives equally.  Chandra, however, preferred only one of them. An angry Daksha, therefore cursed Chandra, that he would suffer from the wasting disease. Each day, his luster would wane and eventually he would disappear forever.  As a result, the moon started to wane.  A terrified Chandra did not know what to do. Being a Deva, a sky-god, he turned to his king, Indra, and begged him for help.  "The only person you can turn to is Shiva," said Indra,  "because he is not a Deva.  He is a Maha-Deva, greater than all gods put together."

Chandra went to Shiva but Shiva was a silent god, with eyes shut, deep in meditation.  Chandra sat before him, trembling, afraid, desperate for help.  Shiva opened his eyes, looked at the miserable moon-god. Without speaking a word,  Shiva picked Chandra up and gently placed him on his forehead. Instantly, the moon began to wax once again.  Daksha had caused Chandra to degenerate; Shiva had helped him regenerate. Chandra realized why Indra had addressed Shiva as Maha-deva; he was not just god (spelt without capitals).  He was God (spelt in capitals). Chandra established the festival of Shiva-ratri each month, at the tail end of the waning half of the lunar month.  And once a year, he established the Maha-Shiva-ratri, to mark the end of the winter months and the waxing of the summer seasons.

doesnt mahadev carry the moon now in the show?!! if yes then that wud b a blooper..coz daksha hasnt cursed chandrama yet! wud see Shiva carefully todae!!
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Joined: 02 August 2010
Posts: 19740

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by INTOXIAHCATED

doesnt mahadev carry the moon now in the show?!! if yes then that wud b a blooper..coz daksha hasnt cursed chandrama yet! wud see Shiva carefully todae!!
[/QUOTE]
Moon is not on Shivji's head till now. So Chandra's curse incident has not yet happened.
@ Bharat, Atri is one of the saptarishis, they have got an idea about what is going to happen in future. They know something major is going to happen in Chandra's life, but exactly what that is not known to them as stars only give an indication. Exactly what will happen, that will be known only when the event takes place.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

INTOXIAHCATEDshaliOtakuGirl-Debo

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Joined: 27 January 2008
Posts: 22361

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 8:10am | IP Logged
this thread makes me feel enlightened!LOL..
my question is as Narad Mentioned to Nandi,Shiv Ji had to loose something he loved very dearly to make the world to be what it currently is...

what was it that Shiv Ji had to loose??

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aashiLifemnx12OtakuGirl-DeboshaliSia889MithiBani

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Joined: 02 August 2010
Posts: 19740

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

this thread makes me feel enlightened!LOL..
my question is as Narad Mentioned to Nandi,Shiv Ji had to loose something he loved very dearly to make the world to be what it currently is...

what was it that Shiv Ji had to loose??
 
This may be the reason, Shivji had to loose Godess Shakti, that's why Maharshi Atri & Dadhichi are trying to unite them. 
 
SHIVA AS ARDHANARISHWAR
Once upon a time Lord Brahma, not seeing an expansion in his creation became very worried. A heavenly voice instructed him to commence creation with the help of copulative activities. But since all the incarnation of Shiva had been males till then, therefore lord Brahma was finding it impossible.
Lord Brahma contemplated on the form of Shiva and Shakti. Lord Shiva became very pleased with him and appeared in his form of 'Ardhanarishwar (half male half female). Left side of his body resembled like a woman while the right side appeared like a man. Lord Brahma worshipped this form of Shiva.
Lord Shiva then separated the feminine part of his body and thus manifested mother Shakti. Lord Brahma worshipped her and requested to bestow such power by which he could create a woman.
Goddess Shakti blessed him by saying, 'So be it' and vanished. This way Lord Brahma became capable of commencing copulative creation.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aashiLifebharat9..Naina..OtakuGirl-Deboshali

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Joined: 19 June 2009
Posts: 8639

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
^just was abt to ask the same
Thanks

Means Shiva first got seperated from maa Shakti then Sati !
So, Sati n Parvati is Maa Shakti

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12..Naina..OtakuGirl-Debo

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Joined: 19 June 2009
Posts: 8639

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
means Maa Shakti emarged from Shiva only!
N when samundra manthan part happened ?? Before Sati ji?


Edited by ...PARiNA... - 09 January 2012 at 1:17pm

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Narmada- Shiva's daughter

Author: natv   Replies: 3   Views: 2406

natv 3 2406 14 April 2013 at 6:17am by natv
Siva Tattva - The Reality of Shiva ( simplified)

Author: Shakti_Shiva   Replies: 2   Views: 1922

Shakti_Shiva 2 1922 22 March 2013 at 11:36am by Shakti_Shiva
Shiva will be back to being anasakta?

Author: Shakti_Shiva   Replies: 6   Views: 1261

Shakti_Shiva 6 1261 21 March 2013 at 4:20am by sweetsandhya
Lord Bramha = Lord Vishnu = Mahadev

2

Author: Kanu007   Replies: 10   Views: 3418

Kanu007 10 3418 24 July 2012 at 12:34pm by Kal El
WHy ws Lord Bramha cursed by Lord Shiva?

2 3

Author: snehalS   Replies: 16   Views: 91138

snehalS 16 91138 28 December 2011 at 5:31am by Moon_Lovers

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index