Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 119)

jas_maaneet Groupbie
jas_maaneet
jas_maaneet

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by jas_maaneet

I have an enquiry about todays precap.

In the precap Shiva says that aaj main tume "mahmangi" hone ka addekar deta hoon. Now I might not be saying it right but what does "mahmangi" mean?

thanks in advance
It's Wamangi, wife sits on husband's left side near the heart, that's why she is called Wamangi. Wam means left in Sanskrit.

Thank you.

but if they are already married then what is the significance of the Wamangi?

Edited by jas_maaneet - 22 August 2012 at 12:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sukhi...

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged

Being a Wamangi happens only after the marriage.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jas_maaneetsukhi...

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 3:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by varaali

I have a new question about Ganapati bappa...

I know that the names Ganesh/Ganapati - lord of the Ganas - was given to him by Mahadev after his body got the new elephant head.  But before that, when he still had a human head, as created by Parvati, did Parvati give him any name?  If yes, what was it?

Vinaayak . 

Because Parvati was able to create him w/o  her husband's help. ( Vi - without and Naayak- Husband / Lord

Varaali

I just saw your response now - thanks for answering this.  So this is what she called him?

Just my guess. Based on what ' vinaayak' means. There doesn't seem any other reason why he should bear that name.

I asked Tan about your question - b'cos I myself don't know the answer to this one.  Despite being a Bong, I happen to believe in Lakshmi being the daughter of Varuna/Varuni, while Saraswati was created by Brahma.  I don't believe multiple versions of conflicting stories, so certainly not this one about Lakshmi & Saraswati being daughters of Durga.  For this serial, just imagine a daughter doing the varan for her mom during the latter's grihapravesh Wacko

I understand that regional variations will not stand in front of puranic scrutiny. That's why I asked what is the local "Bong" legend behind Lakshmi and Saraswati being Durga's daughters. Even a full length cartoon has been made showing Karthik, Ganesh, Lakshmi and Saraswati as siblings.

Further, in the "Bong" tradition, Ganapati is married to the Banana plant, right? And this place on the fifth day of Navaratri, right? So any stories on this, as well ?

Edited by varaali - 23 August 2012 at 3:32am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vibhishna.Vrish.sukhi...

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Actually, a whole bunch of detail has been posted in this thread below by Debipriya & Urmila about Durga Puja, Lakshmi Puja & Kali Puja.  Reading it, I happened to have asked your question months ago, but nobody seemed to know Unhappy

Anyway, I'll see if anyone else knows.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varaalisukhi...

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 5:15am | IP Logged
One doubt. As per some posts, this is 108th birth of Parvati & she remains immortal. But in every Yuga cycle Brhma, Vishnu, Sati, Parvati etc. appears in almost the simillar manner as of this Yuga cycle. Shivji is neither born nor does he end. If Parvati as Aadi Shakti remains with him then the Appearance of Gods in the next Yuga cycle may be different. Is there any Purana's version regarding this?

Edited by mnx12 - 25 August 2012 at 12:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vibhishna.Vrish.sukhi...

jas_maaneet Groupbie
jas_maaneet
jas_maaneet

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Being a Wamangi happens only after the marriage.

Thank you

mnx12

bsingapury IF-Sizzlerz
bsingapury
bsingapury

Posted: 27 August 2012 at 7:56am | IP Logged
First of all thanks to all wonderful people for giving us this Devine knowledge. It's really blessing in disguised .

I read entire thread though many things are confusing and so many things conflicting
Most importantly because may be entirely my POV all this purana used to be in oral version and spread one person to many, 
In this case things happen like when we play game like broken telephone or chinese telephone when one say one sentence to another person in ears and that person pass to another and most of the time when last person say it loudlytheconten has been changed entirely...long story short

Many times the person understand accortding to his or her perception towards the situation ...and most of the thing may be all this things has been translated from Sanskrit and many times one word has many meanings and that,s why most of the time content change...after one by one translation...may be original could be something entirely different thing

Now come to my confusion if someone could help my trouble mind
Several times I read Ansuyamata is prasuti and daksh's daughter,...if that is the case how could their son Chandra can marry daksh and prasuti's other 27 daughters...one cannot marry to their nephew...right?

How many years have passed since Kali yug has started?
Because I read about sat yug and treat yug that would be millions of years back if I am notwrongthen how could they are using all metal weapon when...still around two millions years back homo habilis began to shape stones to make them into better tools...

And as some one asked in some thread. That why sati's body only scattered few parts of India ok I accept that because when Vishnu used his sudarshan chakra and cut her body into pieces shiva was standing near that places...but when we are talking about god's creation we are talking about entire universe and all three loks.  Then why we find every evidence regarding Hindu gods in India or Indian subcontinent only not other part of the globe ?

And one more question I thought some one will sure ask but no one has mentioned about it yet...we women during our periods are forbidden to attend any kind of prayers even not allowed in any temples or any place very anything related to god is happeningbut Adishakti and others ll goddess are also women then why no restriction on them?...so far only in Mahabharata during draupadi chirharan I have heard about her being in period has been informed otherwise not in another mytho I have ever heard about is anywhere though I am not so knowledgible in this matter so pardon my ignorance. ...as inDKDM parvati is also woman before attaining her goddes swarup though she did prayer for so many years without any monthly break how is that possible...because now being the mother of new generation children many times has to face this kind of questions in form of arguments so please help me if anyone can

And thanks in advance...and sorry if I am hurting anyone s emotions because that s not my intentions...I myself is very confuse so trying to find answers 
Thanks

Edited by bsingapury - 27 August 2012 at 8:00am
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 28 August 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Varaali

Sorry - haven't found an answer for you so far Unhappy

varaali

Go to top