Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 11)

sattvik IF-Dazzler
sattvik
sattvik

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Got a few points.

1. I thought Veerbhadra was created from Shivji's Jata - hair...
2. How is it possible after Sati's death, to finish the Yagya... in the same place she died, moments later, isn't that a little inconsiderate
3. If Sati jumped into the Yagya-kund, it wouldn't be possible to finish the Yagya anyway.
4. If she jumped into the Yagya-kund, wouldn't her body been burned to ashes... so then how can Shivji take her body and how could Shri Vishnu cut it up with his Sudarshan Chakra... if it was ashes... unless her body wasn't fully burned...

I know in one show they showed Sati immolating herself near the Yagya kund but not in it... can't remember it now...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..shali

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged

^^^ This is given in Devipuran, in Mythology, there are many things, which can not be explained or understood today logically, but all these are important representatives of our faith. From DBSK, I've learned one thing, if the story is not original then, don't bother making any sense out of it but when original storyline is shown then just enjoy it because it strengthns my faith. 

..Naina..shali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sattvik

Got a few points.

1. I thought Veerbhadra was created from Shivji's Jata - hair...  Correct
2. How is it possible after Sati's death, to finish the Yagya... in the same place she died, moments later, isn't that a little inconsiderate  I doubt it was moments later, but rather days, if not months later.  After all, it would take the Ganas time to get back to Shiva, then more time for Virbhadra to invade Daksha, some more time for Daksha's hordes to be defeated, then after he's killed, some interval b4 Vishnu & Brahma approach Shiva to have him forgive Daksha, some days or months b4 they find the first animal, then attach that head, and then Daksha apologizing and requesting to perform the yagna
3. If Sati jumped into the Yagya-kund, it wouldn't be possible to finish the Yagya anyway.  
4. If she jumped into the Yagya-kund, wouldn't her body been burned to ashes... so then how can Shivji take her body and how could Shri Vishnu cut it up with his Sudarshan Chakra... if it was ashes... unless her body wasn't fully burned...

I agree on #3 & 4 - I think Varaali's explanation below makes most sense, which is why I asked.  I now know that she didn't jump into the agni kund, or it would have been unusable for the yagna.

I know in one show they showed Sati immolating herself near the Yagya kund but not in it... can't remember it now...  I recall them showing that in AS Ramayana, as well as in a past serial on YT.

Originally posted by varaali

Serials have their own way of dramatizing events and eclipsing the spirituality inherent in them. Sati did give up her body, but neither did she immolate herself (in the sacificial altar) not did she burn herself into ashes. 

Sitting in a corner, she went deep into yogic meditation, closing the nine openings of the body, withdrawing the fives senses, and directing all awareness into the pranamaya kosha, she guided the five vital airs (prana, vyana, udana, samana and apana) to leave the body through the crown (sahasrakara) chakra. What was left behind was just the shell, the body.

This practice involves invoking, what is mistakenly called the yogic fire / agni, hence the serial directors have had a field day showing Sati's body reducing to ashes or Sati jumping into the fire altar itself. 

Yes Shiva did roam about carrying Sati's body and according to some accounts performed theUrdhva Tandava  during which different parts of Sati's body fell in different places which came to be established as Shakti Peeths . By other accounts, Vishnu's Sudarshana Chakra cut Sati's body into pieces which then fell on earth.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shali

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by myedward12

hi guys, I have read a book recenly which was based on ramayana and it was saying that sati disguised her self as sita and came in front of shri ram, becuase shivaji was telling her that lord rama is god incarnation of lord vishnu. sati and shiva went to jungle at that time Ravana already abducted Sita and Lord Rama was looking for Sita in jungle and weeping. So, Sati doubted Rama as being a god and told shiva that she is going to test Rama whether he is human or god. That's why she became mata sita and came in front of lord Rama, Rama knew she is sati and it's not sita so, Rama called her as mata!
After this when sati went back to shiva and told him that she now believes that Rama is truly god, Shiva told her that he is not going to consider her as his wife because Rama called her as mother so you are my mother too! Shiavaji did not consider sati as his wife after that!
so that was one of the reason why sati burned her self!

Yeah, this is the version given by Tulsidas, in his Ram Charit Manas. 

Just came across this bhajan of Lord Shiva. From 2:50-3.25 the singer mentions that its Parvati who came to test Lord Rama.

mnx12shali

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

^^^ This is given in Devipuran, in Mythology, there are many things, which can not be explained or understood today logically, but all these are important representatives of our faith. From DBSK, I've learned one thing, if the story is not original then, don't bother making any sense out of it but when original storyline is shown then just enjoy it because it strengthns my faith. 

@ green:  agree.

@ red: DBSK?

Edited by bharat9 - 30 December 2011 at 7:12pm

mnx12shali

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bharat9

Originally posted by mnx12

@ green:  agree.

@ red: DBSK?

Dwarkadheesh Bhagwan Shree Krishna Smile

Edited by mnx12 - 30 December 2011 at 10:38pm
_Eternity_ IF-Stunnerz
_Eternity_
_Eternity_

Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:45am | IP Logged
if brahma ji planned to tie shivji in a relation and for all this mata durga take birth as sati in daksh home then why did daksh hate or disrespect lord shiva and against their marriage?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..shaliSia889

myedward12 Goldie
myedward12
myedward12

Posted: 03 January 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
hi guys, I was wondering when shivji is in samadhi, who he prays to? some one asked me this question but i had no idea! plz help me with this!

Go to top