Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ (Page 103)

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Originally posted by narangi_77

@Vibhishna

Thats a remarkable story: Can you give us the source please? Thanks!

Kandha Puranam, the Tamil Version of Skanda Purana, written by Kacheeyappa Sivachariyaar.

Thanks! When you say Tamil version, do you mean a translation or a distinct Tamil rendering?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhisukhi...

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Vibs

Thanks for the great explanation

Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by .Vrish.

^^^ Yes & No

Questions like how can either Shiva or Parvati create beings themselves, I don't ask - I assume that being deities, they can.  The question I asked was more of 'Why did Shiva need Parvati & marriage if in the end, he could create something just by himself'?  It was not a whether s/he could do it, but rather, why did the devas choose such a long & circuitious route if in the end, Shiva was going to do it himself.

I think I tried to explain this. The marriage was needed b'cos Parvati's shakti had to join with Shiva's in order to create Kartik. It may have appeared that Shiva was doing it himself, but Parvati's shakti had already immersed itself into Shiva's. So te sparks which emanated out of Shiva's head had both the Shiva tatva and the Shakti tatva

Varaali

I understood your explanation - I was just addressing Mira's question about whether we should insert our understanding of science, history & logic into it.

I obviously don't look @ this from an Atheistic POV, so there are things I don't question there.  But things like the history or logic, I do.  For instance, the question about where Kama's soul was in the interval b/w this incident & Pradhyumna's birth - was something I put together combining the facts that Kama must have been incinerated in the early Satya Yuga - way b4 Samudra Manthan and Parvati's marriage, while Pradhyumna was born towards the end of the Dwapar Yuga.  So there were 3 yugas in b/w.

All my questions assume that divine events are possible, but do question out of sequence events, or events were cause and effect are either not obvious, or not there.

vanadhisukhi...

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged

Thanks! When you say Tamil version, do you mean a translation or a distinct Tamil rendering?

Distinct Tamil rendering. 

It is in Kanda puuranam that Surapadman and Simhamukha appear. Skanda Purana stops with Tarakasur. Kanda Puranam also goes on to describe Muruga's marriages to Valli and Devasena which is not there in Skanda Purana

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.whatthewhatvanadhisukhi...

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Distinct Tamil rendering. 

It is in Kanda puuranam that Surapadman and Simhamukha appear. Skanda Purana stops with Tarakasur. Kanda Puranam also goes on to describe Muruga's marriages to Valli and Devasena which is not there in Skanda Purana

The Valli story is awesome! Thanks! Will try and find a translation.

vanadhisukhi...

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
i have a question about Nandi-just out of curiosity-did Nandi ever get married??LOL
i read somewhere that Nandi got married to either Jaya or Vijaya and one of Shivas other attendants married the girl left out of those two-but im not sure if its true
Thank You
shruti
vanadhi IF-Dazzler
vanadhi
vanadhi

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

That question should actually go in this thread in the mytho forum.

Some people can address it there.  I believe there are a few people from DkDM who are present there as well.

Thanks for the link , I forgot to book mark it , last time.
Why it is not displayed in first page like other columns ?Ermm
accessing is hard !

[/QUOTE]

It's been discussed a bit - it certainly doesn't belong in the foreign & popular TV section.  But on pg 1 of this thread, we have links to all the mytho D&D threads on I-F (I had forgotten one about Hanuman from the Mahavir Hanuman forum - here it is - Doubts & Discussions about Hanuman Mythology).  The Ramayan & Krishna threads are now frozen, which is why any discussions on them go into the above thread.  Or else, Samana's question could have gone to the Ramayan D&D thread, had it still been open.
[/QUOTE]
@ Virish 
Thanks for both the links,very interesting Smile.

@ shruti
YA He is married to a Girl Called Svayam Prakashi (Self radiant )
HIs marriage Ceremony is celebrated in a Temple called Thiruvaiyaru(Aiyaarappar temple) In Tanjore district of Tamil nadu . I have also visited here .

there  the temples Sthal Puran having the story of Nandhi's wedding with her .

Apart form that i never heard any accounts about his weddingsSmile

Edited by vanadhi - 29 June 2012 at 12:21am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish..Reshama.sukhi...-Nymphadora-

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
@vanadhi-Thanks...[:0]...i was wondering fi they will show Nandi marriedLOL considering how interested he is in themLOL

vanadhisukhi...

NandiniRaizadaa IF-Stunnerz
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged

Nandi is married? How cute P

vanadhisukhi...

Go to top