Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
my question...when are Ambika, saraswati n lakshmi (shiv's daughters) entering this show???
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Saraswati & Lakshmi are already in the show, and they are not  Shiva's daughters, except in Bong tradition, as is shown during Durga Puja.  Even Ambika is a form of Devi Parvati when she was approached by Shumbha.

Shiva's only 2 daughters, AFAIK, were Asokasundari and Manasa Devi.  Both of them are known only in some folklore, and are certainly not as universal as Kartikeya and Ganesh.

I'd be more interested in seeing Devasena back and marrying Kartikeya, rather than umpty marriages of Shiva & Parvati.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I was going through some of older episodes and there's something I wanted to point out. Remember the episode about Upamanyu? On the show Mahadev appeared as a random king to test the boy. But according to the Shiva Purana he appeared in the form of Indra in front of Upamanyu. The show basically kept his personality intact but made him some anonymous king instead.
Edited by Kal El - 11 years ago
Rheva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MahadevBhakt1

Hi,

I am more confused about what this show is telling. Adding to it...
Lord Vishnu incarnated as Shri Ram at sati's time(when mata sati was alive) & slayed dashanan Ravana. After thousands of years, Aadishakti reborn as parvati & got married to Mahadev. Now this show is showing us that the same dashanan ravan who was slayed by Shri Ram thousands of years ago has made bhavan for Lord Shiva & his family. From where ravana has appeared again? Can any one answer to my question please...
Thanks & Regards

YES, I'M ALSO CONFUSED, PLEASE EXPLAIN IN MORE DETAIL.
MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Rheva Heres it.
Originally posted by: mnx12

Sati was shown time travelling in future to test Ram, as they both existed in different Yugas. Was shown suffering for that deed in present by the makers., where as Ram is yet to take birth in the show.Some stories in Puranas are added later on , which doesn't have logical connection with the main story, but is accepted by some because it is written in Puranas. This is one such story. Some even say this Sati was from another Kalpa, but why did this Kalpa's Sati has to suffer for other Kalpa's Sati. Some questions doen't have logical explanation to them, sati testing Ram is one such story.

wildcat1994 thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Saraswati & Lakshmi are already in the show, and they are not  Shiva's daughters, except in Bong tradition, as is shown during Durga Puja.  Even Ambika is a form of Devi Parvati when she was approached by Shumbha.

Shiva's only 2 daughters, AFAIK, were Asokasundari and Manasa Devi.  Both of them are known only in some folklore, and are certainly not as universal as Kartikeya and Ganesh.

I'd be more interested in seeing Devasena back and marrying Kartikeya, rather than umpty marriages of Shiva & Parvati.

In regions around kailash, RIVER  SARASWATI is believed to be SHIV-PARVATI's daughter, Ambika is d daughter of durga-shiv n i m unsure of lakshmi but this lakshmi n vishnu's wife r diff frm each-other...don't confuse urself btwn tem!!!
Meynika thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A huge blooper I think...

In the current track Jalandhar is born in Parvati era (Sati in previous life).

But Prasuti (Sati's mother) already told the Tulsi and Jalandhar story in one of the early episodes (Jan or Feb 2012 somewhere).

Is this a mistake?
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Meynika

A huge blooper I think...

In the current track Jalandhar is born in Parvati era (Sati in previous life).

But Prasuti (Sati's mother) already told the Tulsi and Jalandhar story in one of the early episodes (Jan or Feb 2012 somewhere).

Is this a mistake?

Yes, this is one of the BIG Bloopers of DKDM. Ignore it.

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OKay, my doubt might sound irrelevant to the topic, but its connected.

We all know that our great Vyasa Bhagavan wrote different versions in different Puranas. He made different deities Supreme. Also, all Puranas were narated by Ugrasrava Sauti to Saunaka and others. So, when the write is same, and orator is same, and audience is same, HOW COME the audience didn't get confused abt the different versions. Like for example:

• Sauti (while saying Shiva Purana): Jalandhar was the ansh of shiva's anger and he married vrinda. He lusted after Parvati but because of his wife's pativrata dharma, he couldn't be killed. So Vishnu took Jalandhar's form and lived with VRinda. So her dharm was destroyed and Jalandhar was killed.
Saunaka and others: OKay OKay.

• Sauti (during Devi BHagavata): Shankhachooda was an incarnation of Shridama, the parisada of Sri KRishna and Radha, adn he married tulasi. because of his wife's pativrata dharma, he couldn't be killed. So Vishnu took Shankhachooda's form and lived with Tulasi. So her dharm was destroyed and Shankhachooda was killed.
So why didn't Saunaka say this: HEY! YOu have already told this SAME story! Your just replacing names. Its the same story. ARe you lying or what? Don't confuse us like this.. Blah blah
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

OKay, my doubt might sound irrelevant to the topic, but its connected.

We all know that our great Vyasa Bhagavan wrote different versions in different Puranas. He made different deities Supreme. Also, all Puranas were narated by Ugrasrava Sauti to Saunaka and others. So, when the write is same, and orator is same, and audience is same, HOW COME the audience didn't get confused abt the different versions. Like for example:

• Sauti (while saying Shiva Purana): Jalandhar was the ansh of shiva's anger and he married vrinda. He lusted after Parvati but because of his wife's pativrata dharma, he couldn't be killed. So Vishnu took Jalandhar's form and lived with VRinda. So her dharm was destroyed and Jalandhar was killed.
Saunaka and others: OKay OKay.

• Sauti (during Devi BHagavata): Shankhachooda was an incarnation of Shridama, the parisada of Sri KRishna and Radha, adn he married tulasi. because of his wife's pativrata dharma, he couldn't be killed. So Vishnu took Shankhachooda's form and lived with Tulasi. So her dharm was destroyed and Shankhachooda was killed.
So why didn't Saunaka say this: HEY! YOu have already told this SAME story! Your just replacing names. Its the same story. ARe you lying or what? Don't confuse us like this.. Blah blah

well, yes the puranas were written, narrated by same people but the problem is that the original versions were mixed with subsequent versions written by diff people. during that time. The historians are still unsure if d puranas as we know them today were the ones that were written by VYASA Bhagwan or others have just put additions in the earlier versions. 

since, the text in d puranas of today has been edited by several others during the same period, differenciating the original from edited version is difficult...hope u understand tis!!!