Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
They are showing that lanka was created by raavan, but in ramaayan, it says vishwakarmaa is the maker, can anyone please tell me wich version is more acurate?
sanju01 thumbnail
Ravan's father was a human being and his mother was a rakshasa.So who is ravan actually,a human being or a rakshasa?In almost all the stories,i have read that ravan is a rakshasa.Is it because of his evil deeds that he is called a rakshasa or there's some other reason?
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sanju01

Ravan's father was a human being and his mother was a rakshasa.So who is ravan actually,a human being or a rakshasa?In almost all the stories,i have read that ravan is a rakshasa.Is it because of his evil deeds that he is called a rakshasa or there's some other reason?

AFAIK, Because he was born to a rakshashi woman, he acquired the physical / mental characteristics of a rakshasha and the asuric qualities in him remained predominant.  

But since he was born to a brahmin father, automatically his gotra and jaati were that of a brahmin. Technically, he was a brahmin, but practically a rakshasha.

Hence, after his killing, Rama had to expatiate his sin of brahma hatya. 

This is my understanding. Other explanations welcome.

Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
my doubt is about Shiva triology book. A very popular series by amishce tripathi. It creates an another world and have taste like reading puranas.Till Secret of Nagas it was shown sati as mother of kartik and ganesha. My doubt is have anyone read Oath of vayuputras is sati dead in this book or even parvati introduced if somone have read it
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sargesh

my doubt is about Shiva triology book. A very popular series by amishce tripathi. It creates an another world and have taste like reading puranas.Till Secret of Nagas it was shown sati as mother of kartik and ganesha. My doubt is have anyone read Oath of vayuputras is sati dead in this book or even parvati introduced if somone have read it

plz..don't trust its stories cause they are fictional and not true...and the OATH of the VAYUPUTRAS is about the fiction based around samudra manthan and sati's death..since the book is yet to be released..i can't give u anymore info but yes...SATI is sure to die in this book...i really doubt though that parvati will be introduced!!!!
wildcat1994 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tarakari

They are showing that lanka was created by raavan, but in ramaayan, it says vishwakarmaa is the maker, can anyone please tell me wich version is more acurate?

i am as confused as u are cause in almost all religious texts...vishwakarma is regarded as the creator of LANKA...even in the serial it is being shown that raavan took vihwakarma's help in creating lanka!!!!

Originally posted by: mnx12

Ashok Sundari's story-she is a boon recived from the Kalpvriksh,Parvati then chooses a groom for her-Nahush
then as she grows up to become a beautiful maiden,she is attacked by an asur she curses the Asur that he will die at the hands of Nahush
the Asur attempts to kill Nahush,and thinking he is dead tries to attack Ashok sundari again when Nahush comes and saves he, Nahush kills the asur and marries Ashok Sundari
AS is supposed to be very brave,but other than she isnt involved in the Ganesha issue
the Ashoks undrari story is different from the Gujrathi story-there the girl is reborn
here she isnt
Ashoka sundaris story ends with her getting married to Nahush.
She is elder then ganesh.

thanx for sharing that 😊
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What version of ashok sundari's story did dkdm go with because according to padma purana it was like this:

102. Asokasundari Is Born1280
103. Asokasundari Is Saved and Ayu Gets Boon1286
104. Indumati's Dream1295
105. Nahusa is Born1297
106. Indumati's Lamentations on the Loss of Her Child1301
107. Narada Assures of Nahusa's Return1302
108. Vasisstha's Instruction to Nahusa1303
109. Vidvara, a Kinnara, Dispels Askokasundari's Apprehensions1306
110. Nahusa Gets Divine Weapons from Gods1310
111. Nahusa Enters Mahodaya, the City of Hunda1311
112. Asokasundari has a Glimpse of Nahusa1312
113. Rambha Acts as Asokasundari's Messenger1313
114. The Fight between Nahusa and Hunda Starts1316
115. Hunda is Killed in the Battle1318
116. Nahusa Marries Asokasundari1321
117. Nahusa's Consecration

wildcat1994 thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelic8219

What version of ashok sundari's story did dkdm go with because according to padma purana it was like this:

102. Asokasundari Is Born1280
103. Asokasundari Is Saved and Ayu Gets Boon1286
104. Indumati's Dream1295
105. Nahusa is Born1297
106. Indumati's Lamentations on the Loss of Her Child1301
107. Narada Assures of Nahusa's Return1302
108. Vasisstha's Instruction to Nahusa1303
109. Vidvara, a Kinnara, Dispels Askokasundari's Apprehensions1306
110. Nahusa Gets Divine Weapons from Gods1310
111. Nahusa Enters Mahodaya, the City of Hunda1311
112. Asokasundari has a Glimpse of Nahusa1312
113. Rambha Acts as Asokasundari's Messenger1313
114. The Fight between Nahusa and Hunda Starts1316
115. Hunda is Killed in the Battle1318
116. Nahusa Marries Asokasundari1321
117. Nahusa's Consecration

DKDM went with the story thats very famous across the northern regions around kailash and himalayas...it also finds mention in a script of that area tat dates back to some 1 B.C...this script is not made public (atleast, i dunno if they have as yet) and is still being read and searched by historians...i have no idea how they got hold of it...but till now, it is regarded as the most accurate story by historians!!!!
sairam90 thumbnail
I had asked this question but no one had answered yet.

I want to know that why there is Turtle [Kuchaap] in Lord Shiva's temple.??

Whenever we go to temple,there are Nandi & then Turtle in strait of Shiv-Ling.

Why we worship Nandi & Turtle?

Yes, I know Nandi is important part of Mahadev's  life but why Turtle also?

Is there any story related to Turtle also  !!

Can anyone tell me in deeply?

Thanks for your help.