Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 113

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I have a question.  In the serial, Vinayak's head is shown reduced to ashes by Mahadev's trishul.

But do any of the original scriptures have it that the head was actually destroyed, and therefore unusable?  In Daksha's case, his head was thrown into the fire.  But in Vinayak's case, I don't recall ever reading about the head actually being destroyed - it was just severed from the body.

In which case, it begs the question - what is it that prevented Vinayak's original head being used for the restoration of Ganapati Bappa?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

I have a question.  In the serial, Vinayak's head is shown reduced to ashes by Mahadev's trishul.

But do any of the original scriptures have it that the head was actually destroyed, and therefore unusable?  In Daksha's case, his head was thrown into the fire.  But in Vinayak's case, I don't recall ever reading about the head actually being destroyed - it was just severed from the body.

In which case, it begs the question - what is it that prevented Vinayak's original head being used for the restoration of Ganapati Bappa?

its true that Ganesh's head was destroyed...this is the reason y an elephant's head was used to revive ganesh...it is mentioned in the scriptures as far as i know...the one which i read said that ganesh's head was burned so tremendously that it was reduced to ashes even b4 any1 could see ganesh's head burning...
I have a querry. In the serial Shivji has been shown to be ataryami -- that is he knows the future events before they occur. How is it tat he did not know that vinayak was his son while he fought with him and beheaded him?
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Vrish,
according to Ganesh Puran, Paravti's Punyak vrat to get a son was to please Krishna, who always resides in Goloka. Here it's Shani's dristi, the reason for Ganesh's head getting cut. He was not beheaded by Shivji, it is mentioned the moment Shani saw the child, his head was cut off from the body. It merged in Krishna in Goloka. That's why head couldn't be replaced. Other part of the body was alive that's why replacing head was possible.
mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _twilight_

I have a querry. In the serial Shivji has been shown to be ataryami -- that is he knows the future events before they occur. How is it tat he did not know that vinayak was his son while he fought with him and beheaded him?

Shivji is shown as being aware of Vinayak, as his son. He knew, as per rishi Kashyap's curse he'll be killing his own son.
wildcat1994 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mnx12

Vrish,
according to Ganesh Puran, Paravti's Punyak vrat to get a son was to please Krishna, who always resides in Goloka. Here it's Shani's dristi, the reason for Ganesh's head getting cut. He was not beheaded by Shivji, it is mentioned the moment Shani saw the child, his head was cut off from the body. It merged in Krishna in Goloka. That's why head couldn't be replaced. Other part of the body was alive that's why replacing head was possible.

hey meenakshi..can u explain this in detail..for i hven't i hrd this story b4 n m utterly confused about his GOLOKA theory...thanks!!!!
Edited by wildcat1994 - 11 years ago
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
are there any other of mytho forums???
mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: wildcat1994

hey meenakshi..can u explain this in detail..for i hven't i hrd this story b4 n m utterly confused about his GOLOKA theory...thanks!!!!

Read Ganesh Purana, this concept is explained in detail. Even Devi Bhagvat, mentions, Radhaji is living with Krishna forever in Goloka, this is even before the Krishna avatar.Parvati did Punyak Vrat to get a son that pleased Krishna, as a result Ganesh was born.
magicman555 thumbnail
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know how was the relationship between Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikeya.  were they cordial with each other or did kartikeya distance himself from the family

Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
wildcat1994 thumbnail
as can be seen in d show currently..kartikeya loved his parents  n family bt was always a lil egoistic n used to fight wid ganesh despite loving him...just lyk hw 2 sis may continuously fight bt in they end wen trouble falls r always 2gether..tats hw ganesh nd kartikeya were...they would fight bt at the end of d day wuld land up 2gether!!!!