Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

@mnx12...as far as i know...these are scriptures written that are deemed to happen in future as currently the 1st kalpa has not ended...n even if there are changes from time...but still i don't get what has parvati's 107 births got to do with her birth as krishna in another kalpa???

1 kalpa= 14 manvantaras
1 Manvantar= 71 Maha yugas (Yuga cycle)
Currently we are in 7th Manvantara's 28th Mahayuga's, Kaliyaga with Satyuga, Treta & Dwapar yuga are already over.

It's clearly mentioned these avatar's have already occured in past. First Shakti's Krishna avatar had happened then in another Mahayuga Vishnuji's Krishna avatar had happened, may be we are living in that Mahayuga that's why we worship krishna as Vishnuji's avatar.
In this Kalpa 27 Manvantaras * 71 Mahayugas= 1917 times all the avatars have already happened, we are in 1918th cycle.
Paravti is Shakti married to Shivji, if she's married to him, as per Shivji's wish she takes Krishna avatar. This had happened in past Mahayuga, this means 107 human births of Paravti is not possible. Shiv can not be alone for 107 Mahayugas. If he was without her then there has to be very authentic mention about it in scriptures. Shakti is not an ordinary soul or power. Our ancient rishis were capable of seeing past, present & future. Why none of them has written about her various birth's details?
Each Mahayuga has to have Shiv-Shakti union to maintain balance with other powers.
There can be some change of events but the main events remains the same.
eg. When Shakti was born as Krishna, everyone including some Kings went with them, this Swargarohan is described simillar to ram's Swargarohan, with Balram going to Vaikunth as Vishnuji, Krishna apearing as Shakti, 8 pattrani's as Shivji, Sahadev-Nakul merging in Ashvini kumars. Draupadi merging in Shakti. Which is very different then Pandava's Swargarohan, when Vishnuji was born as krishna.
So if we consider Parvati's 107 births in 107 Mahayugas, Shakti's Krishna avatar proves it isn't. as this happened after she married Shivji in one of the past Mahayuga.
If she was born 107 times in this Mahayuga when Shivji was in meditation, as you've mentioned, such a big thing should have been given in Puranas or Vedas, which isn't.
It seems simillar to what I had heard long back from an old uncle, Lakshmiji pleaded a lot to Vishnuji to accept her as his wife, after a long time Vishnuji accepted her. This myth is to highlight Vishnuji's superiority over her. This 107 birth myth seems simillar, made to highlight Shivji's superiority.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

what i m abt to say nw may hurt d feelings of some so m giving a prior warning: THESE ARE MY VIEWS AND I DO NOT WISH TO OFFEND ANYBODY!! AND YET IF ANYBODY IS HURT...PLZ FORGIVE ME!!!!

a lot of historians believe that these VEDAS and PURANAS are merely books written by great scholars and that the so called GOD in these books are but its characters...if u read these books closely, one finds that a lot of research in feilds like medicine, pschology, astronomy, mathematics and lot many subjects has been hidden in them...they believe that this may have been done so that ppl would not call them mad unlike Galileo or other scholars...so it is possible THAT A LOT OF THINGS ARE NOT PART OF THE VEDAS OR PURANAS bcoz they may have nothin 2 do with theories or scholarly work...if u go and see, then u'll find that even MEENAKSHI and KARTIKEYA had no such relationship as is being currently shown...so if a certain fact is missing from the books it does not mean its nt true...n yes,

@mnx12...14 MANAVATARS OF VISHNU= 1 kalpa of humans...it has nothing to do wid SHIV or SHAKTI...as they hv a diff tym cycle...for us a day is 24 hrs bt for SHIV-SHAKTI one day is equal to our 365 days!!! so...thier first kalpa is not over yet!!!!!

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

@mnx12...14 MANAVATARS OF VISHNU= 1 kalpa of humans...it has nothing to do wid SHIV or SHAKTI...as they hv a diff tym cycle...for us a day is 24 hrs bt for SHIV-SHAKTI one day is equal to our 365 days!!! so...thier first kalpa is not over yet!!!!!

dear, read The time yuga calculation properly, it's explained in much detail in a post by Max on 1st pg. what I've given is considering Human & Deva years.
Everyone knows Meenakshi & Kartikeya meeting is only the CV's imagination, which we discuss in forum topics. This thread is not that active but other forum threads are, where everyone comments, so join there in the discussions.
Strawbella thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This is the first time am hearing about 108 births of Parvathi😳 Edited by Strawbella - 11 years ago
seemamittal thumbnail

Hi guys..myself seema and i am a big mahadev fan
i would like to share something i read in the book '7 secrets of shiva' by devdutt pattanaik
As we know that lord shiva had 3 children, kartikey, ganesha, ashoksundri. But according to that book he had one more chil andhaka. Text from the book is as follow
Andhaka was born when parvati ji covers shiva's eyes with her palm. The world was plunged in darkness. To get the sun to shine again, shiva opens his third eye. His glance was so fierce that it causes parvati's palms placed over left and right eye to sweat. From this sweat was born andhaka. He was given to a childless asura. When andhaka grows up he invokes brahma and secures a boon, that he should not be defeated in battle unless he looks upon his own mother with eyes of lust. Andhaka who does not know how he was created goes about conquering the world. No one can defeat him in battle. He finally reaches mount kailasa and challanges shiva to a duel. Shiva is however lost in meditation and does not pay heed to the challange. Andhaka climbs the mountain and sees parvati sitting beside shiva. He is filled with lust, little realising that he desires his own mother. Parvati begs shiva to open his eyes and stop their son from doing unthinkable. Shiva opens his eyes, with his trident he impales andhaka and keeps him alive and impaled for a thousand years draining him of blood untill he is reduced to a bag of bones. Thus tortured andhaka realises that the woman he lusted for is actually his mother and that shiva is his father. He appologisesto the divine couple and is allowed to live as a gana in kailasa.
sanju01 thumbnail
I have a doubt.
I read in a site that Anjana(mother of Hanuman) is the daughter of Gautam rishi and Ahilya.When Gautam rishi accused ahilya of adultery,anjana too accused her mother of the same.Ahilya then cursed Anjana that she will give birth to a child who will not be of her husband's.When Anjana asked her forgiveness,Ahilya then said that the curse will turn into a boon as she will give birth to rudra avatar of Shiv and he will known as a huge devotee of Lord Ram.
Is that true?Is Anjana really daughter of Ahilya?Can someone clear my doubt? 
wildcat1994 thumbnail

Brihaspati (the preceptor of the gods) had an attendant by the name of Punjikasthala who was cursed to assume the body of a female monkey. The curse was to be removed on her giving birth to an incarnation of Lord Siva. Accordingly, she was born as Anjana and, together with her husband Kesari (so named on account of his being as brave as a lion), lived a life of chastity and purity. She performed intense Tapasya (austerities) for a great many years, during which period she worshipped Lord Siva who being pleased with her granted her a boon. She asked that He (Lord Siva) be born to her so that she may be freed from the curse.

When Dasaratha, the king of Ayodhya was given the sacred payasa (pudding) by Agnideva to share among his wives so that they may have divine children (Ram, Lakshmana, Bharata and Shatrughna), by divine ordinance, a bird (kite) snatched a fragment of that pudding and, whilst flying over the forest, dropped it where Anjana was engaged in worship. Pavandev (the deity presiding over the wind) delivered that fragment of pudding to the outstretched hands of Anjana who immediately swallowed it. With that grace, she, in due course, gave birth to Hanumanji. Thus we find that Lord Siva incarnated as Hanumanji in the bodily form of a monkey through the grace and blessings of his god-father Pavandev, with Anjana and Kesari as his earthly parents.

this is the story i heard...m not sure!!!!
when is nandi's consort gonna come?😕
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Nandi has no consort as far as i know!!!!
wildcat1994 thumbnail
hey...anyone knows what this SIDDHI-SNAN is??