Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
^^^^ Sorry didn't mean to offend you. I was just referring to the way serial makers tend to milk most marriage scenes...

But yes, I was just about to refer to that. There can't be any child out 'wedlock'- since -just about every situation is covered under the name of some marriage or the other. 

And the Meenakshi story that is being shown has no resemblance to original legend. ðŸ˜¡
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh, I'm not offended @ all.  Looks like we are both hating the current tracks - you for how they're depicting Meenakshi, and I for how they're depicting Tripur.

I'll skip the samudra manthan track as well - if they show Mahishi or any stories actually from the Shiva Puranas or the Skanda Puranas, I'm back.
Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Two doubts not related to lord shiva but about Adiparashakti and lord vishnu

1. Firstly i am very confuse about the GUNA philosophy. Some say vishnu is rajoguni or some say vishnu is sattvaguni in devi bhagwat it is written vishnu is sattvaguni. My doubt is this we knw sarwati is sattvaguni and lakshmi is rajoguni so why their husbands have opposite qualities. I think vishnu shud be considered as rajoguni as he lives like raja like in king like costumes and laksmi alws serving him and in his puja only we do different type of shringaar and bhog ceremonies.

2. My doubt is i have read saturday story abt adiparashakti she gave lord shiva goddess mahakali as his consort so what happened then she have to took birth as sati or some say she took 108 times births. I have read somewhere that there ws fight b/w tridev and tridevis that who is superior so tridevis decided to taught lesson to tridevas by separating from them so saraswati took river form. laksmi gone in samudra and mahakali went to bhoolok and took rebirth. some say shakti originated from left side of shiva. Which is reliable
Edited by Sargesh - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey...ok...as far as i know...the minakshi story and the samudra manthan had occurred almost simultaneously during the end of Treta Yug...i m nt sure if the tripur story occurred at tat tym or b4 tat...

@Sargesh- as far as i know...all of adishakti's rups are considered to b the wives of Shiva...though his most beloved wife is Parvati...and no...the story of fight bet tridev n tridevis is fault...infact, the river saraswati is the daughter of SHIVA-PARVATI and not Goddess Saraswati...Laxmi went to bhoolok and not parvati...her  bhoolok prasthan and rebirth was in the from of SITA to help RAM-Vishnu's form...it was done in accordance with vishnu...

as far as SAMUDRA MANTHAN is considered...if u hv seen d earlier epi its shown that laxmi leaves the swargalok due to a curse and can return only after the samudra manthan...
Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

hey...ok...as far as i know...the minakshi story and the samudra manthan had occurred almost simultaneously during the end of Treta Yug...i m nt sure if the tripur story occurred at tat tym or b4 tat...

@Sargesh- as far as i know...all of adishakti's rups are considered to b the wives of Shiva...though his most beloved wife is Parvati...and no...the story of fight bet tridev n tridevis is fault...infact, the river saraswati is the daughter of SHIVA-PARVATI and not Goddess Saraswati...Laxmi went to bhoolok and not parvati...her  bhoolok prasthan and rebirth was in the from of SITA to help RAM-Vishnu's form...it was done in accordance with vishnu...

as far as SAMUDRA MANTHAN is considered...if u hv seen d earlier epi its shown that laxmi leaves the swargalok due to a curse and can return only after the samudra manthan...

thanx for ur suggestion but my doubt is when adi parashakti handed mahakali to shiva then what happened that she took numerous births to get shiva. and pls clear 1st one also
wildcat1994 thumbnail
look...i m nt sure of this guna theory...i hvn't hrd it evr b4 n as far as the numerous... births of adi-shakti are concerned...she is JAGAT MATA so to  save her kids (world) frm the terror of the ASURAS she had to take many forms and births and in each birth she had to perform tapasya to get Mahadev as husband...and yes, mahakali had to take many births bcoz...Shiva cud nt except any1 bt parvati as his wife...d only reason y Mahakali always stays in d from of Parvati
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: Sargesh

Two doubts not related to lord shiva but about Adiparashakti and lord vishnu

1. Firstly i am very confuse about the GUNA philosophy. Some say vishnu is rajoguni or some say vishnu is sattvaguni in devi bhagwat it is written vishnu is sattvaguni. My doubt is this we knw sarwati is sattvaguni and lakshmi is rajoguni so why their husbands have opposite qualities. I think vishnu shud be considered as rajoguni as he lives like raja like in king like costumes and laksmi alws serving him and in his puja only we do different type of shringaar and bhog ceremonies.

2. My doubt is i have read saturday story abt adiparashakti she gave lord shiva goddess mahakali as his consort so what happened then she have to took birth as sati or some say she took 108 times births. I have read somewhere that there ws fight b/w tridev and tridevis that who is superior so tridevis decided to taught lesson to tridevas by separating from them so saraswati took river form. laksmi gone in samudra and mahakali went to bhoolok and took rebirth. some say shakti originated from left side of shiva. Which is reliable

Brhma, Saraswati are Satva guni, Vishnu, Lakshmi are Rajo guni, Shiv, Shiva( Uma) are Tamo guni as per Murti Rahasya of DSS.
After She seperated from Shiv from his Ardhanarishwar form, Sati was the first & Paravti 2nd birth  as per Devi Puran & Devi Bagavat. No other Puran or script gives account of 108 births so this is a myth.
DP & DB, DSS represents Devi Shakti's stories in detail, so can be considered more reliable.
wildcat1994 thumbnail
actually, parvati took birth several times  after tat n she did have 108 forms...but tey r unknown bcoz they didn't do nythin of interest...i.e lyk parvati bcame shiv's beloved wife n sati bridged d gap bet shiv n daksh...d other forms were just mere avatars of hers...out of these sum r known lyk KALI, CHANDIKA, DURGA, etc...d rest hv no mention in the puranas or vedas bt r a part of many folklores around the nation...lyk ASHOKSUNDARI...her name is nt mentioned in any of d puranas bt is a part of many Gujarati folklores...
wildcat1994 thumbnail
n i hv a question...where is GANESHA?? according to d folklores...Ganesh and Ashoksundari were born together...so whr is he in d serial???? any1 any ideas???
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
@wildcat1994,
Aadi Shakti takes several avatars & there is no mention of it anywhere, that itself makes it unbelievable. When even Vishnu's dwarpal Jaya, Vijaya's births after Sanata Kaumar's curse are mentioned in detail in Puranas.
Kali, Chandika, Durga are her forms, As Kali she has already achieved Shivji. Various forms can not be taken as births. Somewhere 108 names of Devi are misinterpreted as her births, which is not true. Such a big thing like 108 births have to be there with their names, time period purpose etc.
Ashok Sundari is not part of Gujrati folk tales. Ashoka Sundari marries Nahush. Where as as per Gujarati falk tales, parvati's daughter was cursed when she failed to tell Shivji Ganesh is her brother.
She was then born as Okha, who married Anirudhha.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago