\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 105

Posted: 11 years ago

When Devas prayed to save them from Shumbh, Nishumbh, Paravti came there to bath in Ganga, she asked them ,whm are they praying to? At that time Ambika came out from her, told her they are praying to me. She was fair, 8 handed ( After killing Mahishasur 18 handed form of Durgama had merged in Parvati). Due to that Paravti turned dark.

This Ambika killed Shumbh, Nishumbh. From her Ma Kali appeared to kill Chanda, Munda & helped, Chandika, appearingg from Ambika, in killing Raktabeeja. Dhumralochan was killed by just " Hum" kar of Ambika. Even other Devas shaktis like Brhmani, Aindri, Varahi, Narsimhi, Koumari etc came to help Ambika, they all merged in her before killing Shimbh, when he told her I am fighting alone & you are fighting with your army.
who is Devi Kaushiki?-is she the same as Kaali ma? Edited by shruti.nil - 11 years ago
also one question,did Guru Shkrachrya always remain guru to the asuras?i had read somewhere that Indradev had disguised himself and stayed with the Asuras,so when Shkrachrya came to know she gave up on them?
also how did Shukrachrya get planetary status?
Bookmarking.

This thread. wow.
What is the connection between Mahadev and the Nepalese Kirat tribe??
Mahadev is believed to be the god of Kiratas...i.e. he is the supreme god and is called as BATHUBRAI...all d five elements-fire, water, air, earth and sky are believed to be his creation according to the Kiratas...it is possible that this is mainly bcoz they reside very close to Shiv's abode Kailash Parvat!!!
Originally posted by shruti.nil

also one question,did Guru Shkrachrya always remain guru to the asuras?i had read somewhere that Indradev had disguised himself and stayed with the Asuras,so when Shkrachrya came to know she gave up on them?
also how did Shukrachrya get planetary status?
On Brhmaji's advice Shukracharya accepted to become a planet.
It wasn't Indra but Brihaspati stayed with Asuras, when Shukracharya was doing penance to get sanjeevani vidya. Brihaspati as Shukracharya told Asura's his penance is over, they thought he is their Guru. Ehen the real one returned after getting boon from Shivji Asuras refused to accept him as their Guru. He cursed Asuras that they will be defeated. Brihaspati was happy with this developement, seeing his motive is achieved he left from there. When Asuras realised they were cheated they apologised to the real Shukracharya.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by shruti.nil

who is Devi Kaushiki?-is she the same as Kaali ma?
Devi Kaushiki & Ambika are same. She appeared from koshas of Paravti that's why is also known as Kaushiki.
It also one of the reasons y Kaushiki is considered to be one of d 4 daughters of Mahadev-Parvati...
Originally posted by mnx12

On Brhmaji's advice Shukracharya accepted to become a planet.
It wasn't Indra but Brihaspati stayed with Asuras, when Shukracharya was doing penance to get sanjeevani vidya. Brihaspati as Shukracharya told Asura's his penance is over, they thought he is their Guru. Ehen the real one returned after getting boon from Shivji Asuras refused to accept him as their Guru. He cursed Asuras that they will be defeated. Brihaspati was happy with this developement, seeing his motive is achieved he left from there. When Asuras realised they were cheated they apologised to the real Shukracharya.

Did he forgive them and resume being their guru after that?