Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Skittle16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Why does Mahadev always carry/hold a trishul? 😕 can anyone please help me on this one... Edited by Skittle16 - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
as far as i know...shiva's trishula is supoosed to represent the 3 gunas thorugh which shiva rules the world. these 3 being:
sattva, rajas and tamas. these are believed to be the emblem of soveriegnity...
wildcat1994 thumbnail
hey...i just read an article about navdurgas and was totally confused...shailputri and brahmacahrini is fine but the rest of the forms do not match their names...if anyone could plzzz give a brief on these nine forms and thier relation to Parvati...it wolud help alot!!! Especially, the ones related to SHUMBH-NISHUMBH and MAHASHASUR...thanks!!!!!!!!
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Durga has many names but navdurga are shailputri  bramhacharini  changraghanta kushmanda skandmata  katyayani mahagauri kaalratri and sidhidhatri Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
Krsna_PV thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Can anyone tell me about the story of Minakshi?
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Minakshi was an incarnation of PARVATI...
It is believed that once Indra killed a demon even when he hadn't committed any crime and was cursed to keep wandering untill he reached someplace where there was no one to guide him further. This place turned out to be a forest in the south where a shivlingam lay without anyone near it. Indra constructed a tepmle here and was freed from the curse. The king there was happy on hearing this and he constructed a big tepmle in Shiv's praise. THe king was childless...so, Shiv, pleased with his devotion, gave him a three year daughter( who was actually an incarnation of parvati) who had eyes of a fish. SHe was named Minakshi and she ruled the kingdom after her father died. She was an efficient queen and was later married to Shiv.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
was does the term "aakal Mrityu" mean?
sanju01 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

was does the term "aakal Mrityu" mean?

Aakal mrityu means untimely death.I always get confused with this term.a person dies when his lifespan is over so then why do people say sometimes that the person had an untimely death specially when he is young and died suddenly due to an accident or a sudden illness.Edited by sanju01 - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Durga has many names but navdurga are shailputri  bramhacharini  changraghanta kushmanda skandmata  katyayani mahagauri kaalratri and sidhidhatri

Doesn't 'Brahmacharini' mean bachelorette?  But the Navadurgas are all Parvati manifestations & therefore, Mahadev's wife, and so none of them are unmarried, right?  So how does Brahmacharini get to be one of Durga's names?
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sanju01

Aakal mrityu means untimely death.I always get confused with this term.a person dies when his lifespan is over so then why do people say sometimes that the person had an untimely death specially when he is young and died suddenly due to an accident or a sudden illness.

thats was is kind of confusing,does the aakal mrityu also have to have something in relation to the fulfillment of family duties...
i am asking this is refernce to the Maha Mrityunjay Jaap