Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: lucykaede

what is ganga to lord shiva?what is their exact relationship except that she is his salli sahiba.😆

Practically,there's no relationship between Ganga and Shiv except the fact that Ganga was tangled in Shiv's hair but in Kalidas's book,Kumarasambhava,it's written that Ganga was the wife of Shiv and Parvati used to be jealous of Ganga and there were arguments between Shiv and Parvati regarding Ganga.I don't know whether it's true or not.
But for the whole world,Shiv is married to only Parvati and noone else.
Originally posted by: Shanak_Fan

Practically,there's no relationship between Ganga and Shiv except the fact that Ganga was tangled in Shiv's hair but in Kalidas's book,Kumarasambhava,it's written that Ganga was the wife of Shiv and Parvati used to be jealous of Ganga and there were arguments between Shiv and Parvati regarding Ganga.I don't know whether it's true or not.
But for the whole world,Shiv is married to only Parvati and noone else.

oh okay...so that means ganga is nothing for shiva.thats cool.😆
funbuklover thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Isn't Ganapathi older than Karthikeya... I thought Ganapathi was the first son of Shiv and not Karthikeya... But I saw the promo of Karthikeya coming to the show ?????😕 Will they show Ganapathi and Karthikeya so soon ?????
Originally posted by: funbuklover

Isn't Ganapathi older than Karthikeya... I thought Ganapathi was the first son of Shiv and not Karthikeya... But I saw the promo of Karthikeya coming to the show ?????😕 Will they show Ganapathi and Karthikeya so soon ?????

ganesha is younger than karthikeya in north and in south he is considered older because of his intelligence,calmness and wisdom.they show promo soon but karthik won't come till the next month.
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

ganesha is younger than karthikeya in north and in south he is considered older because of his intelligence,calmness and wisdom.they show promo soon but karthik won't come till the next month.

How interesting! I am from s. india, but I've always heard of Karthikeya and Ganesha being Anna & thambi (elder and younger brother)...I love these variations! thanks for sharing! 
why mahadeva cut brahma's head?
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

why mahadeva cut brahma's head?

It's given here
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
oke dont understand why the kids of takki were killed ..because they were shiv devotees..couldnt the devta's see that theve changed ..were they really thirsty for their blood?? These devta's only think of themselves..btw what for example did indra give to the people..if asparas were ganharves wifes what right ..did he send them to stop mans tapasya.. like menaka..urvashi..tssjjj tsjjj ..And what right did indra have to rape woman aur assault them. Indra has no respect for woman or people...he only thinks of himself shame on him!!!
Did shiv punished him for life???
Edited by .Reshama. - 11 years ago
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Shiv cursed parvati a couple of times..why??? She had 108 lives to get him. If he was so angry at her..why didnt he just walked away or scolded her..why give her grief and pain..just because shiv was angry..If shiv says that men and woman are equal then why???
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Reshama.

Shiv cursed parvati a couple of times..why??? She had 108 lives to get him. If he was so angry at her..why didnt he just walked away or scolded her..why give her grief and pain..just because shiv was angry..If shiv says that men and woman are equal then why???

Shiva's  'curse'  on Parvati is only a narrative embellishment - to make the story interesting and riveting. It is not about Man Vs Woman.

Parvati's penance (in all cases) is representative of the Jeevatma (human soul) attempting to attain the Paramatma. The jeevatma here is represented by Parvati and Shiva is the Paramatma. When the human soul tries to become with the Infinite (which is ultimately the goal for every soul), the process has to be flawless, perfect and complete. If there is a slightest falter, the whole process has to begin once again.

To take an example from the serial itself- when Shiva got angry because Parvati fell asleep while he was imparting the Tantra Vidya gyan, it showed the inadequacy of the human soul which was still not capable of being transformed into the highest level. Hence the process had to start once again. 

It is not really about man- dominating - woman. That would make the whole philosophy behind these stories very shallow.

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago