Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
here

This content was originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

I wanted to ask that did Sati really have a sister called Vijaya

She had many sisters, but as far as my knowledge goes there was no Vijaya in them

According to Puranas, Daksha had 24 daughter from his wife Prasuti and another 60 from his wife Panchajani / Asakni (Virini).

According to Vishnu Purana and Padma Purana, Daksha and his wife Prasuti had 24 daughters. The names of these 24 daughters are Sraddha (faith), Lakshmi (prosperity), Dhriti (steadiness), Tushti (resignation), Pushti (thriving), Medha (intelligence), Kriya (action, devotion), Buddhi (intellect), Lajja (modesty), Vapu (body), Santi (expiation), Siddhi (perfection), Kirtti (fame), Khyati (celebrity), Sati (truth), Sambhuti (fitness), Smriti (memory), Priti (affection), Kshama (patience), Sannati (humility), Anasuya (charity), Urjja (energy), with Swaha (offering), and Swadha (oblation). 

Of these 13 were married to Dharma are, Sraddha, Lakshmi, Dhriti, Tushti, Pushti, Medha, Kriya, Buddhi, Lajja, Vapu, Santi, Siddhi, Kirtti. The other 11 are Khyati married to Bhrigu, Sati to Shiva(Bhava), Sambhuti to Marichi, Smriti to Angiras, Priti to Pulastya, Kshama to Pulaha), Sannati to Kratu, Anasuya to Atri, Urjja to Vasishtha, Swaha to Agni, and Swadha to Pitris

According to Matsya Purana, Daksha and his wife Panchajani(daughter of Virani) had 60 daughters

The 10 daughter's married to Dharma are (1) Maruvati, (2) Vasu, (3) Jami (4) Lamba, (5) Bhanu, (6) Arundhati, (7) Sankalp, (8) Mahurath, (9) Sadhya, and (10) Vishva. The 13 daughter's married to sage Kashyapa are (1) Aditi, (2) Diti, (3) Danu (4)Arishta, (5) Sursa, (6)Surabhi, (7) Vinata, (8) Tamra, (9) Krodhvasha, (10) Ira, (11) Kadru, (12) Vishva, and (13) Muni

The 27 daughters married to Chandra are (1) K?ttika (the Pleiads), (2) Rohini, (3) Mrigashirsha, (4) Ardra, (5) Punarvasu, (6) Sunrita, (7) Pushya, (8) Aslesha, (9) Magha, (10) Svati (Arcturus), (11) Chitra (Spica), (12) Phalgunis, (13) Hasta, (14) Radhas, (15) Vishakha, (16) Anuradha, (17) Jyeshtha, (18) Mula, (19) Ashadhas, (20) Abhijit, (21) Sravana, (22) Sravishthas, (23) Satabhishak, (24) Proshtha-padas, (25) Revati, (26) Asvayujas, (27) Bharani. These 27 wife of Chandra are 27 Nakshatras

Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: Mallikarjuna

yes it was mentioned that khyathi sheltered some asuras who was hunted by devas but she saved them. Vishnu killed her and Bhrigu rishi cursed him to be without wife. What I can read that Bhrigu rishi did some tapasya towards Lord vishnu to atone cursing him because of blessing from lord vishnu he got Mahalakshmi as his daughter. 

That was Ishana, Bhrigu's other wife, Shukracharya's mother, not Khyati.
It seems, you are reading this thread from the beginning, most of the questions ae answered in further pgs.
Enjoy reading😊
i wanna know why mahadeva cut off ganesha's head in first place.please someone with true knowledge tell me and how he didn't knew he was his son?
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
No he does not know it is his son. since ganesh is a creation of Parvati alone . He is created to guard  the entrance when she is bathing. When shiv tries to enter ganesh stops him saying that Parvati has asked to be  the guard and let no one pass.
Even if ur her husband I will not let u through.
And thus starts a fight. fight goes into full on war between the two powerful people on earth lol.
Ganesh proves to be to strong even for shiv [ i think] and in a fit of anger shiv goes chop chop .
Well all eeez well in the end.. and we are told it is also another Leela by shiv and shakti :P
This content was originally posted by: jayvenk

No he does not know it is his son. since ganesh is a creation of Parvati alone . He is created to guard  the entrance when she is bathing. When shiv tries to enter ganesh stops him saying that Parvati has asked to be  the guard and let no one pass.
Even if ur her husband I will not let u through.
And thus starts a fight. fight goes into full on war between the two powerful people on earth lol.
Ganesh proves to be to strong even for shiv [ i think] and in a fit of anger shiv goes chop chop .
Well all eeez well in the end.. and we are told it is also another Leela by shiv and shakti :P

oh thanks,i bet it will be shown really emotional in the serial than any other one before.mahadeva has a lot more emotions in this serial.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
To Vrish, Tanni and others from the Bangla - land,

Why are Lakshmi and Saraswati are considered Durga's daughters? Are there any interesting local legends to explain this? As in the case of Ganapati, did Durga create them Herself? 
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
jas_maaneet thumbnail
I have an enquiry about todays precap.

In the precap Shiva says that aaj main tume "mahmangi" hone ka addekar deta hoon. Now I might not be saying it right but what does "mahmangi" mean?

thanks in advance
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: varaali

Vinaayak . 

Because Parvati was able to create him w/o  her husband's help. ( Vi - without and Naayak- Husband / Lord

Varaali

I just saw your response now - thanks for answering this.  So this is what she called him?

I asked Tan about your question - b'cos I myself don't know the answer to this one.  Despite being a Bong, I happen to believe in Lakshmi being the daughter of Varuna/Varuni, while Saraswati was created by Brahma.  I don't believe multiple versions of conflicting stories, so certainly not this one about Lakshmi & Saraswati being daughters of Durga.  For this serial, just imagine a daughter doing the varan for her mom during the latter's grihapravesh
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: jas_maaneet

I have an enquiry about todays precap.

In the precap Shiva says that aaj main tume "mahmangi" hone ka addekar deta hoon. Now I might not be saying it right but what does "mahmangi" mean?

thanks in advance

It's Wamangi, wife sits on husband's left side near the heart, that's why she is called Wamangi. Wam means left in Sanskrit.