Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: lucykaede

how many wives shiva have?

Only 1, she was Sati in her previous birth is now Parvati. Both are Aadi Shakti's 2 births only.
ritika06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mohit_monaya

y did mata anasuya's son give curse to mahadev? i mean, wat did he do??

and y does he luv iving curses...? :/

and mata parvati is adhishkti rite, so like other gods, she can also see the future, and whats happenig arou wid mahadev and all rite?  if yes, den y cant she??

Rishi Durvasa is always known as a short tempered rishi so whenever he gets angry,he curses people.Are u talkiing about the curse he gave to Shiva in the show?Actually,when the ganas in their bhang ka nasha misbehaved with him,he cursed the ganas that ladkiwale will faint seeing them and to Lord Shiva that he can never get married in his present roop.As he was angry,he cursed Shiva but it was all Narad's plan so that Shiv can become materialistic.So he purposely sent Rishi Durvasa there.Anyways,all that which is shown are all fictional.In reality,Rishi Durvasa never cursed Shiva nor the ganas.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mnx12

From DP, Prajapati Kashyap & Aditi too did penance to get, God as their son. Kashyap was born in Dwapar yuga as Vasudev & Aditi as Devaki.

This is what DP says?  I'd say it's very different from SB, where Krishna, after killing Narakasura, returns Aditi her earrings (they showed this accurately in DBSK).  If he could do that, then at least by SB, Aditi did not reincarnate as Devaki.

In Ramayan forum, the story Subha mentions I had once read - that Kaikeyi asked Vishnu to be reborn as her son, and he agreed, but said that due to the pain she caused Kaushalya for 14 years, Kaushalya would be the one who'd enjoy him for 14 years of his childhood, not Kaikeyi.  Kaikeyi was reborn as Devaki and Kaushalya as Yashoda.  Do not know what book this comes from.

Also, did Daksha & Prashuti ever die that they'd be reborn as Nanda & Yashoda?  I was under the impression that as parents of all these goddesses - Diti, Aditi, Khyatti, et al, they'd be immortal.  Or weren't they?
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
A pooja was going on in my house during which the priest spoke of a story where Shivji gave away Parvati to some Asur. The rituals were going on so I couldnt ask him the whole story

Does anyone know of this?

@Vrish I have posted a question for you in mytho forum doubts thread. Please look at it๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

This is what DP says?  I'd say it's very different from SB, where Krishna, after killing Narakasura, returns Aditi her earrings (they showed this accurately in DBSK).  If he could do that, then at least by SB, Aditi did not reincarnate as Devaki.

In Ramayan forum, the story Subha mentions I had once read - that Kaikeyi asked Vishnu to be reborn as her son, and he agreed, but said that due to the pain she caused Kaushalya for 14 years, Kaushalya would be the one who'd enjoy him for 14 years of his childhood, not Kaikeyi.  Kaikeyi was reborn as Devaki and Kaushalya as Yashoda.  Do not know what book this comes from.

Also, did Daksha & Prashuti ever die that they'd be reborn as Nanda & Yashoda?  I was under the impression that as parents of all these goddesses - Diti, Aditi, Khyatti, et al, they'd be immortal.  Or weren't they?

If Dashrath is shown dying in Ramayan, that means parents pof the incarnations do see the physical end of their body. I remember seeing in JSK, Nanda - Yashoda & Vasudev- Devaki, had done penance for many years to get God as their son. I have seen it in bits.
strangely there is hardly any mention of what happened to these parents in Puranas.
Regarding aditi, it is strange, she is not shown acknowledging Indra as his son. Same is with Kashyap rishi. May be Dev-mata Aditi is different from this Aditi.
No Meenaxi Dev Mata Aditi is the same Aditi
mnx12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

No Meenaxi Dev Mata Aditi is the same Aditi

That's what looks strange in this show, as she is mother of Surya, indra, but Indra is never shown even greeting her. The makers have forgotten this. even Shukracharya never greets rishi Bhrigu in the show.
CVs have not paid attention to it but in Srimad Bhagvat Mahapuraan I have read clearly that Aditi the daughter of Daksha married Kashyap and gave birth to indra and all then Diti other daughter of Daksha and Kashyap's wife got jealous of seeing her sister's family and pleaded to Kashyap to give her children. Kashyap said its not the right time. She persisted and hence bore Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakahsyap

Then the Marudgan story comes
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Some good info about Devmata Aditi is given here
Thanks Meebu. Yeah even here its mentioned that she is daughter of Daksha and Mother of Vaman Dev and Adityaas