\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 84

Posted: 11 years ago
Regarding them showing Mahadev acting as a barrier between him and Parvati-as per some versions he was unwilling to accept her,so our Cvs have exaggerated itπŸ˜†...by the looks of it they will be showing Mahadev indirectly testing Parvati before he actually gets pleased with her and marries her,and like Subha said they will have to show Mahadev,also as far as i know majority of the important Mahadev incidents take place after the marriage of Mahadev and Parvaty-like the Samudra Manthan etc
i had a question
ive read in some places that Ganga played a part in the birth of both Kartikeya and Ganapai(Parvati washed him with her water after she created him)
so when exactly did the Bhagiratha-Ganga incident take place???
^^^^ Ages after that.  Kartikeya & Ganesh were both born in the early part of the Satya Yuga.  Bhageeratha getting Ganga down to earth took place in the Treta Yuga.

Yeah, Ganga was involved in the births of both Kartikeya & Ganesh.  A sorta 'midwife' role here.
Thanks for the xplanation-im only confused...wasnt Ganga in Swarga at that point of time?
how did she was there for Parvatis assistance then?
I have no idea whether what the serial showed about Ganga accompanying Indra to Devalok was remotely accurate.  If it ain't, then she was w/ Himavan & Mena, and therefore available for Kartikeya,  and later Ganesh.  She may have gone to Swarga later on another pretext.

But even if she were in Swargalok, in Kartikeya's case, Agni & Vayu could easily take her to Ganga.  Question mark then remains as to whether Shravan and the Krittikas were based in Devalok or Bhulok.  But in the Ramayan, in Uttarkand, Rama narrates the story of Raja Ila who visited the forest when Shiva was newly married to Parvati, and had enchanted the forest that anyone who entered that beautious region would become a woman, which is what happened to Raja Ila & his retinue. 🀣

If one accepts the Ramayan aspect to this story, then all of this took place on Bhulok, so Ganga would have had to be there.  But in b/w, at some point of time after the birth of Ganesh, she may have left for Swarga in the Satya Yuga itself, and returned in the Treta Yuga during Bhageeratha.
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
Being indifferent and not ready to accept is one thing but trying to create obstacles in the path of a bhakt is another thing. Why would God do that. He is not vindictive. He cant be. Yes he tests the bhakti but doesnt  creat problems
Originally posted by subha2601

when sati's story was shown,shiv hardly interfered in her matters.Mohit was shown very less at dat time.Dere was only sati and her family.Dere were episodes where shiv would not be shown at all.Ppl complained bcoz of less importance given 2 mahadev.
I guess dis tym da cvs did not want dat happen again so now dey r giving equal importance 2 both shiv and parvati.dat's why dey r showing shiv interfering in parvati's matters.If dey would hv shown da same thing,den again dey feel shiv's role would lessen.
But dey cld hv shown some oder track/story involving shiv which would run parallel 2 da parvati story.But den,cvs apna dimaag zyada use kaha karte hain?πŸ˜†

I'd go with what both you and Nandhini said on this issue, Subha. If anything I feel the lack of screen space for Shiva in the Sati  section actually worked for him because there  was  that air of mystery about  him...there were points where Sati - and the viewers - couldn't quite figure him out  and therein lay  his appeal. 

Like you, I felt having a parallel track  involving Shiva  which  had no space for Parvati  in it would have been a better idea. Plus, Parvati's path to her eventual goal was already fraught with obstacles. Having Shiva create more of them goes against his character: when he won't do such a thing to an asura who will attempt to invoke him for a dangerous boon, why in the world would he do it to an avatar of AdiShakti knowing that the  end will be vastly different to what Sati experienced? Forget AdiShakti...he's been characterized such that he wouldn't act in such a manner to any bhakt.
regarding that-lets just wait and watch what they do-i dont think Mahadev will act like a Sasu Maa-however he will create barriers,hence putting Parvati to test...He will only accept Parvati once he feels she is right for him...Parvati was no ordinary bhakt and neither were her demand ordinary-she wanted him,thats the biggest thing anyone could ask for...
When Parvati married Mahadev she was in her complete form of Adi Shakti,hence they will have to show her getting over all her humanness as you can say it before she marries him!
Mahadev was Trikal Darshi,he himself knew that she would marry him,but that doesnt mean that just because its destined Parvati shouldnt put efforts or he shouldnt expect her too,for destiny to become reality efforts are needed!
Every obstacle that was put in front of Parvati only lead her closer and closer to Mahadev
as he said if she is the same Sati,i dont want her back-Sati was a bit of a brat who wanted her way,Parvati however will overcome all of Satis weaknesses...it will be interesting...lets wait and watch before writing the track off!
I hope so Shruti. I hope they dont make it a soap opera
fingers crossed...and frankly i dont think they will make it a saas bahu drama-for all you know they are going to show like i have said before,even Mohit said it...Mahadev is only keeping Parvati away from him,beacuse he knows at this stage,he cant marry her-and hence tries to push her away infdirectly making her paths cross to make her worthy of him...
Originally posted by shruti.nil

fingers crossed...and frankly i dont think they will make it a saas bahu drama-for all you know they are going to show like i have said before,even Mohit said it...Mahadev is only keeping Parvati away from him,beacuse he knows at this stage,he cant marry her-and hence tries to push her away infdirectly making her paths cross to make her worthy of him...

Forget saas-bahu dramas (heaven forbid!) I'm getting a strong whiff of Shah Rih Khan films...

first Mahadev tells Sati he will not marry her without her father's permission (reminded me of DDLJ) and now he's essentially telling Parvati that he;s not going to let her be with him, because he could be dangerous to her...(reminded me of Kal ho na ho, sort of)...

πŸ˜•
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago