Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Sweet24

Well, In yadav's fight Pradhyumna and his son were survived. Rati was married to Pradhyumna, there was a long story about this. Pradhyumna son build that Dwarka mandir which was still there after  Krishna gone. Pradhyum's daughter-in-law was a student of Mata Parvati. She has learned dance from her. and it is said that the dance she teaches to dwarka people and from that dance came.  

I don't mean to derail this thread w/ a Krishna discussion, since that belongs more now in the mytho forum, where this thread +* Krishna's clan *+ exists.  But what is the source for the above?

Rati took the avatar of Mayavati and was Pradhyumna's wife, but nowhere is there any mention of any children they had.  Anirudha was the only known son of Pradhyumna, but at least in SB, his mother is described as Rukmini's neice Rukmavati.  The only DIL of Pradhyumna who could have been a student of Mata Parvati was Usha - the daughter of Banasura.  Banasura used to entertain Shiva w/ some 500 instruments and sing his praises, and Mahadev used to enjoy dancing to that.  So it's very likely that Usha was under the tutelage of Parvati.

But back to the above, Pradhyumna & Anirudha didn't survive.  In both the Mahabharata & Shrimad Bhagvatam, they were killed, and Anirudha & Rochana's son Vajra was the sole survivor among Krishna's descendents.  Arjun made him the ruler of the Yadavas b4 the Pandavas retired.

Varaali's description sounds more accurate - that there is no account about Kama returning to his original form.  But the invisible body theory is a new one to me.  As for how did people fall in love in the Satya, Treta & Dwapar Yugas, Rati thi, na?  She was enough to manage all this by herself 😆

So the Mahasena name was common to his being a son of both Agni & Vayu?
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
My replies in Pink

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Varaali's description sounds more accurate - that there is no account about Kama returning to his original form.  But the invisible body theory is a new one to me.  

I am fairly certain I am correct. As I said, that's why Kamadeva got names like Ananga (one without a a body) Manoj, Manasija (one who gets created by the mind) ,etc. So while Rati could see and feel him, he was invisible to the rest. But his flower arrows were efficacious still 

As for how did people fall in love in the Satya, Treta & Dwapar Yugas, Rati thi, na?  She was enough to manage all this by herself 😆

No, interestingly enough, Rati could not have managed it by herself. She was/ is responsible for what happens after two people fall in love, i.e the actual, physical act of consummation. It was only Kamadeva who could arouse the feelings of love, passion and desire. Had Rati operated alone, it would have resulted in people indulging in sexual activity w/o any corresponding feelings, the results of which would have been disastrous. In fact, in Sanskrit, the word 'rati' in used to signify sexual pleasure. 

Sweet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don't mean to derail this thread w/ a Krishna discussion, since that belongs more now in the mytho forum, where this thread +* Krishna's clan *+ exists.  But what is the source for the above?

Rati took the avatar of Mayavati and was Pradhyumna's wife, but nowhere is there any mention of any children they had.  Anirudha was the only known son of Pradhyumna, but at least in SB, his mother is described as Rukmini's neice Rukmavati.  The only DIL of Pradhyumna who could have been a student of Mata Parvati was Usha - the daughter of Banasura.  Banasura used to entertain Shiva w/ some 500 instruments and sing his praises, and Mahadev used to enjoy dancing to that.  So it's very likely that Usha was under the tutelage of Parvati.

But back to the above, Pradhyumna & Anirudha didn't survive.  In both the Mahabharata & Shrimad Bhagvatam, they were killed, and Anirudha & Rochana's son Vajra was the sole survivor among Krishna's descendents.  Arjun made him the ruler of the Yadavas b4 the Pandavas retired.

Varaali's description sounds more accurate - that there is no account about Kama returning to his original form.  But the invisible body theory is a new one to me.  As for how did people fall in love in the Satya, Treta & Dwapar Yugas, Rati thi, na?  She was enough to manage all this by herself 😆

So the Mahasena name was common to his being a son of both Agni & Vayu?

Yes usha was married to  Pradhyumna's  son  Anirudha. there was a story also that Usha has kidnaaped Anirudha. 

Well, When I visited to Dwarka personally there Pandit told me the story that when shre krishna went and whole dwarka went into ocean, then Pradhyumna asked Anirudhra to made this temple. 
Pradhyumna cannot die as he is Kamdev and he got the body only in that, So he is already free from curse that Shrikrishna got.  
Vr15h thumbnail
Sweet24

I won't argue w/ the Dwarka pundit, but that's neither what's in Mahabharata nor in Shrimad Bhagvatam.  I'm quite sure Hari Vamsa doesn't have it that way either.  For more discussions on it, I suggest we take it to +* Krishna's clan *+ that I provided - it's a bit OT here.

Pradhyumna was an avatar of Kama, not Kama himself, and Rati transformed herself into an avatar, named Mayavati.  So when the Yadavas were destroyed, Pradhyumna too was among those killed - in fact, he was the third to be killed after Kritavarma & Satyaki.  That would have enabled his becoming Kama again, just like Krishna's passing enabled him to return to Vaikuntha as Vishnu.

You are correct about the parts about Usha abducting Anirudha & marrying him.

Varaali

If Rati had Kama to herself, why would she be in mourning after that?  The names you have of Kama may be accurate, but I'm pretty sure Rati had to wait for 3 yugas b4 she got back Kama.  Not to claim any authenticity for the ACKs, but in the ACK Shiva & Parvati, after the 2 married, the Devas approached them and pleaded w/ Mahadev to forgive Kama and restore him to Rati.  Mahadev promised him he will, remarking that he too was Kama's slave.  (Only problem w/ that account - that took place in the early Satya Yuga, whereas Kama couldn't have become Pradhyumna until the late Dwapar Yuga.)

Naah, I don't think there was any love for those 3 yugas 😆 - people just married based on what their parents determined for them, or from swayamvaras.  More seriously, I think Kama's soul may have been bodyless, and he did whatever he could manage through that.
siyan thumbnail
can anyone please upload the mantras used in back ground of devon ke dev mahadev promos.
back ground mantra music used in promo of veerabhadra
back ground mantra music used in promo of kamdev shooting arrow at shiva.
please i"ll be very thankfull to u...
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Originally posted by: siyan

can anyone please upload the mantras used in back ground of devon ke dev mahadev promos.
back ground mantra music used in promo of veerabhadra
back ground mantra music used in promo of kamdev shooting arrow at shiva.
please i"ll be very thankfull to u...

chk dis link.u will get all da background music in dis link
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Is a discussion on Vishnuji allowed here?
If so I really wanted to know that Ram and Parshuram were both included in dashavatar of Vishnu, then how is it possible that they both were present at the same place, at the same time? Aren't all the avatars of Vishnu purna avatar?
Plz someone answer this for me. Thank you.Edited by -simirck- - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Wow!  100 pages 👏

Samana

That question should actually go in this thread in the mytho forum.

Some people can address it there.  I believe there are a few people from DkDM who are present there as well.
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Wow!  100 pages 👏

Samana

Some people can address it there.  I believe there are a few people from DkDM who are present there as well.

Thanks for the link , I forgot to book mark it , last time.
Why it is not displayed in first page like other columns ?🤔
accessing is hard !

Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow! 100 pages 👏

Samana

Some people can address it there. I believe there are a few people from DkDM who are present there as well.

Oh, thanks I'll go there!
Oh and congrats every1, we've reached 100 pages!