Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Watching the past few episodes, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were pleading with Lord Shiva to resurrect Daksh. Why exactly was Daksh required to live? I thought, he was resurrected when Prastuti pleaded for her husband's life but didn't understand why Vishnu and Brahma wanted Daksh alive.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Vibhishna

Watching the past few episodes, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were pleading with Lord Shiva to resurrect Daksh. Why exactly was Daksh required to live? I thought, he was resurrected when Prastuti pleaded for her husband's life but didn't understand why Vishnu and Brahma wanted Daksh alive.

Vibs

From what I recall reading, the reason the devas wanted Daksha resurrected was so that the yagna would be complete.  Even though the purpose of that yagna was to slight Shiva.  Probably, not completing a yagna would have serious repercussions, which is why they begged Shiva to let it continue.
Vibhishna thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Vibs

From what I recall reading, the reason the devas wanted Daksha resurrected was so that the yagna would be complete.  Even though the purpose of that yagna was to slight Shiva.  Probably, not completing a yagna would have serious repercussions, which is why they begged Shiva to let it continue.

That makes sense. From what I know, what Daksh was doing was a really big yagna on a grand scale.

Edited by Vibhishna - 11 years ago
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Vanadhi, I'm fine. Hope to hear the same from you.

Thanks for the explanations, but the storyline is still confusing to me.

There's so much I don't know about and the dialect (or should I say the choice of words?) are quite different from other mytho serials. Maybe its just me - I'm trying to understand the dialogues with the limited number of Hindi and Sanskrit words I know but somehow quite a lot of words seem unfamiliar to me. I can understand what the character is trying to say but don't know what exactly it means. The dialogues from Sagar's shows were different.

Ya me too fine .I think u are talking about our forum's famous word's like Ashist, Shadayantra ,Adiprasanatha , Ahuthi ,peeda etc😆 me to perplexed for the first time when i heard , later its practiced for me to be glued  .since daksha is different, his familie's dialect too different ðŸ˜† ..hope the written update archives will help u a lot

Edited by vanadhi - 11 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail
As per the series, Lord Shiva had to cut himself off Devi Shakthi for the creation to continue. But why was it that Devi Shakthi had to be born in human form? Couldn't they have lived like Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi or Lord Brahma and Devi Saraswathi? 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
What I'm curious about is how mainstream is the belief that Vishnu used his discus to chop up Sati's body, since only one purana - the Markandeya purana - mentions it?  Somehow, it just sounds too cruel, and not characteristic of Narayan at all!  Yeah, the people @ the 51 shakti peeths, like Kamakhya, would definitely believe it, but is this something widely accepted that Vishnu did?

Was Parvati born as a human?  Himavat was the mountain god representative of the Himalayas.  So would his daughter have been human, even though she lived on earth?  Ganga was his other daughter as well, but even she was divine, except for the brief period during her curse when she was married to Shantanu.  So it would seem that Parvati too was divine, but nonetheless had to perform severe austerities in order to win Mahadev's acceptance.

On the language, I find the language here authentic, but somewhat unusual given some of the concepts they've borrowed, such as ahuti (sacrifice, but usually, a different term is used for offerings which I'm forgetting at the moment).  Given some of the recent serials that I've seen, that are either based in pre-Muslim era in India or even worse, mytho serials that freely use Urdu based words, I'd say DkDM is far better.
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

As per the series, Lord Shiva had to cut himself off Devi Shakthi for the creation to continue. But why was it that Devi Shakthi had to be born in human form? Couldn't they have lived like Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi or Lord Brahma and Devi Saraswathi? 

Due 2 Lord Brahma's wish 4 some reason,shiv and adishakti got separated.When Brahma wanted dem 2 reunite,dey said it can't be possible now.But Adishakti promised Brahma dat she will take human avatar and marry Shiv.Dis is what was shown 2 us in da initial episodes.
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

What I'm curious about is how mainstream is the belief that Vishnu used his discus to chop up Sati's body, since only one purana - the Markandeya purana - mentions it?  Somehow, it just sounds too cruel, and not characteristic of Narayan at all!  Yeah, the people @ the 51 shakti peeths, like Kamakhya, would definitely believe it, but is this something widely accepted that Vishnu did?Dat's bcoz shiv did not wanted 2 perform da last rites of sati.he was not in a state 2 understand and da Gods had no time 2 wait as asuras were creating trouble on da earth so Vishnu had no oder option but 2 cut off sati's body

Was Parvati born as a human?  Himavat was the mountain god representative of the Himalayas.  So would his daughter have been human, even though she lived on earth?  Ganga was his other daughter as well, but even she was divine, except for the brief period during her curse when she was married to Shantanu.  So it would seem that Parvati too was divine, but nonetheless had to perform severe austerities in order to win Mahadev's acceptance.Dat's what i too don't understand yaar.As far as i know,even though Gods took deir avatars and became humans but dey were still considered as Gods bcoz dey still had da power of God.Ram was God,Sita was Goddess,Krishna was God,Hanuman was God so in dis case even Parvati and Ganga r also goddesses.And if dey will show Parvati as Goddess den da big qn.will arise,why was sati not considered a Goddess den?I am wondering how will da cvs justify demselves and how dey will show everything.

On the language, I find the language here authentic, but somewhat unusual given some of the concepts they've borrowed, such as ahuti (sacrifice, but usually, a different term is used for offerings which I'm forgetting at the moment).  Given some of the recent serials that I've seen, that are either based in pre-Muslim era in India or even worse, mytho serials that freely use Urdu based words, I'd say DkDM is far better.

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
okey i .
after every Aarti...like the Ganapati Aarti etc..we say "hare ram hare ram ram ram hare hare hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare"
is there any reason why we say that?...ive loved aartis since i was a kid but never understood why...anyone knows?
im a Konkani by origin!and these aartis are in Marathi mostly said in the Konkan belt...
Edited by shruti.nil - 11 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail
Originally posted by: vanadhi

Ya me too fine .I think u are talking about our forum's famous word's like Ashist, Shadayantra ,Adiprasanatha , Ahuthi ,peeda etc😆 me to perplexed for the first time when i heard , later its practiced for me to be glued  .since daksha is different, his familie's dialect too different ðŸ˜† ..hope the written update archives will help u a lot

Thanks. Its with the written updates, I'm able to understand as much as I do. Ahuti and peeda, I'm familiar with but not the others. I hope I'll be able to catch on with the dialogues soon. Its taking me a while to grasp it.