Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
in da 1st episode,dey had showed daksh imaugerating a vishnu temple.anybody has any idea if da vishnu temple is still dere?if it's dere,den in which place is it?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I am curious about one thing.  In the case of Sati, Shiva had his complex relationships w/ Daksha and those around him.  When Shiva married Parvati, did he have a whole bunch of relatives of Himavat w/ whom he established new relationships based on this marriage?
Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I have doubt about recent episode. Shiv and other devas and narada continuously saying about shiv and aadishakti milan and all is there any previous story behind shiv and aadishakti milan. Or any curse or any mystery  behind shiv and aadishakti which is shown in this serial.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
It is the story of Shivji's Ardhnarishwar form. He seperated Devi Shakti from himself, when Brhmaji requested Shivji, as he was not able to expand his creation. Since then they are seperate. Brhmaji wanted to return Aadi Shakti to Shivji that's why he told Daksh to do penance & ask Devi to be born as his daughter.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Virsh-Fortunately ShivJi didnt have a problem with Parvatis family-for starters they were a small oneπŸ˜†-Parvati,Ganga and a son named Mainak,Himvat and his wife Maina/Mena
Himavat was unlike Daksh a Shiv Bhakt who readily agreed for Parvatis marriage with Shiv and though it as an honor-a complete opposite to Daksh,there where stories that Mena disapproved the match-but that was only because she was terrified of Shiv Jis appearance with Snakes,Covered with Ash etc-but once she got Darshan of ShivJis true form she readily agreed..
infact after Parvati and Shiv got married she made them stay for a few days,after which they never interfered as such in Parvatis and ShivJis married life
Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

It is the story of Shivji's Ardhnarishwar form. He seperated Devi Shakti from himself, when Brhmaji requested Shivji, as he was not able to expand his creation. Since then they are seperate. Brhmaji wanted to return Aadi Shakti to Shivji that's why he told Daksh to do penance & ask Devi to be born as his daughter.

Is this story is shown in serial. Can u tell which epi it was.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: Sar-naksh-gesh

Is this story is shown in serial. Can u tell which epi it was.

It is not shown but mentioned sometimes by Naradji, Brhmaji, as the main reason for Shivji's lonelyness. Shivji was shown for the 1st time having tear in his eye, sitting in smashan on the day he seperated from her. On pg 6 of this thread you will find that story.
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Watched a recap that depicted the major events of this series from youtube.

This series shows a woman instigating Daksh against Lord Shiva. Who is it? Any records/legends/stories on her?

Does any specific book tell the story of Lord Shiva and Sati? (It may have come up in the Ramayan and Mahabharat) Or should a person read the Puranas to know the accounts of Sati's life?

Also, was Chandra Dev the same person residing on Lord Shiva's locks or was it a different moon?

If it was the same person, was Daksh OK with his son in law being under the influence of Shiva? 

If these issues have been discussed already, please let me know which thread and page.

Edited by Vibhishna - 11 years ago
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Vibhishna

Watched a recap that depicted the major events of this series from youtube.

This series shows a woman instigating Daksh against Lord Shiva. Who is it? Vijaya, Daksha's eldest daughter.
Any records/legends/stories on her? No.

Does any specific book tell the story of Lord Shiva and Sati? (It may have come up in the Ramayan and Mahabharat) Or should a person read the Puranas to know the accounts of Sati's life? I guess you can find it detailed in Shiva Puran or Devi Bhagwatam.

Also, was Chandra Dev the same person residing on Lord Shiva's locks or was it a different moon? Same guy. Planet Earth has only one moon, you see.πŸ˜†

If it was the same person, was Daksh OK with his son in law being under the influence of Shiva?  No. He in fact cursed Chandra for ignoring his 26 daughters {in the serial its just one daughter, Revati} and preferring only Rohini. Shiva saved Chandra from the curse and wore him as a crescent crown to minimize the effect of periodic waxing and waning.

If these issues have been discussed already, please let me know which thread and page.

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot Rehanism. (Your display pic is cute πŸ˜Š )

The Earth may have only one moon, but the Solar System has many. I was thinking that maybe the moon on Lord Shiva's head and Chandra Dev were different. In fact, there are some stories that say both are different but they don't offer any credible explanation. I just wanted to know what was shown in this series.

Why is Daksha's daughter instigating her father against Lord Shiva?

Also, who is Madnike? I've never heard of that name ever before...

Though I like the production, the story is quite weird at times.

By the way, there were some scenes in which Sati listens to Lord Shiva's music and comes to him - after Rishi Narad tries to make them meet, I think. Was that instrument the Rudra Veena? Sati was shown playing the same instrument (in white, whereas the one Shiva played was deep brown) and singing the same tune. Any idea or more information on that? Was it discussed before?
Edited by Vibhishna - 11 years ago