Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 59

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I've always wondered - how are there skies in patal lok?  It's supposed to be subterranean i.e. a dark cave like underground, where only such demons can exist.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flamingo_aries thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
In every Shiv mandir,Parvati resides in garb-gruh as form of Adi-shakti,then why Shivji is not present at the Mataji's temple...???

why is Shivji always present as Bhairav n not as lingarup in  Shakti-peeths'..???..What is Bhairav actually...??? any depiction of His form or roop..???
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: flamingo_aries

In every Shiv mandir,Parvati resides in garb-gruh as form of Adi-shakti,then why Shivji is not present at the Mataji's temple...???

why is Shivji always present as Bhairav n not as lingarup in  Shakti-peeths'..???..What is Bhairav actually...??? any depiction of His form or roop..???

There are eight types of Bhairavas and they are called ashta Bhairavas, they have evolved from Lord Shiv, who is caleed Mahabhairav. They are Asithanga Bhairavar, Ruru Bhairavar, Chanda Bhairavar, Krodha Bhairavar, Unmatta Bhairavar, Kapala Bhairavar, Bhishana Bhairavar and Samhara Bhairavar. They are part of Mahavidya worship, they protect the devotees from various problems faced during their pooja. In some temples, the garbh-griha keys are given to Bhairav after the night pooja & is taken from him in the early morning. Regular worship of Bahirav leads to a good Guru. Besides them Swarnakarshan Bhairav, Batuka Bhairav, Kaal Bhairav are also well known. He appears in standing position with 4 hands.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
does anyone know at what point of time did Ayaapa-Shiv and Mohinis son get created?...Mohini was VishnuJis third Avatar...so shouldnt it be around this time?
thanks
shruti
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shruti.nil

does anyone know at what point of time did Ayaapa-Shiv and Mohinis son get created?...Mohini was VishnuJis third Avatar...so shouldnt it be around this time?

thanks
shruti

i read in one article dat lord ayyappa was born some 800 years ago.dere's not much info abt da exact time period when all dese incidents happened
Vr15h thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shruti.nil

thanks
shruti

Mohini I think may have been a form Vishnu assumed @ will.  During the samudra manthan, he was there, after Kurma's role in supporting the mountain got over, and Vishnu took that form to distract the asuras while the devas got all the amrit.

However, Ayappa's birth had to have taken places near the end of that yuga - in fact that whole story may have happened during the treta yuga.  After all, what caused Shiva and Vishnu to decide to have a son was Mahishi wanting to avenge her brother Mahishashur's death @ the hands of goddess Durga.  That itself would have had to happen after Shiva's marriage to Parvati - I doubt that Durga ever surfaced during Sati's lifetime.

Anyway, after Lord Ayappa managed to kill Mahishi, he convinced his adoptive father to release him and pardon his mother and minister for plotting against him.  His father wanted to build a temple dedicated to him, and he fired an arrow to the location where the temple was.  Moreover, he told him that his idol would be sculpted by Parashurama himself, and Parashurama came to that ruler and made those arrangements.

Well, Parashurama did not exist until well into the Treta Yuga - I think Hiranyakashipu's death marked the end of the Sayta Yuga, so the Vamana, Parashurama and Rama avatars fell in the Treta Yuga.  Regardless of whether Parashurama sculpted his idol before or after his various wars against kshatriyas, fact remains that it couldn't have happened during the treta yuga.

So I think that Manikanthan/Ayappa would have been born somewhere during the Treta Yuga.  Similarly, Bhashmasura - the other asura for whom Vishnu adapted his Mohini form - didn't necessarily happen anytime near the samudra manthan - it may well have been a very isolated incident.
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I dont know the time of Mahishi and Bashmasura ,but People down south believes that Lord Ayyapan Purna Avator of Darma Sastha ,born during the Kaliyuga ,They also calling him Kaliyuga Vardha (one who offer boons in kaliyuga )...Lord Ayyapa is  the adopted son of KIng  Rajasekhara of Pandalam dynasty (covering half Tamilland and Kerla in its Map). 

There are three reasons for his birth 
1 To kill Mahishi (prime one )
2. During Rama Avator LOrd Ram blessed Saint Sabari that in Kaliyuga one of his form will reside in the same mountain, she lived and accept her name as his .SO now Ayyapa is believed to be half Vishnu and HAlf Shiv and called as HARI HARA SUDAN (composite form of VIshnu and SHiv)and SabarimalaiSwami (Swami of SabariMountain).
3.King Rajasekhara the great devotee of LOrd Shiv in his previous birth   prayed  for a child like  LOrd shiv ,so there is no option left for SHiv granted the boon that Darma sastha (one of the form of shiv ) ,will reach him as his son  in his next birth .

Yes Lord Barasuram Placed the old Idol with its chakra ,but unfortunately it was molested by Communist people of Kerla ,Later the devotes joined hand from Tamilnadu and Kerla and placed the GOlden Idol instead of old one is what now seen in the temple .

BUt the Chakra placed by Barasu Ram have all the powers which is attracting several millions people every day .

Kerla is called as GOD's own country because Lord BarasuRam during his last days ,put this land under change and built several temples with its famous chakra 's . Ex- BHagavathi amman ,GUruvayur ,SabariMAlai etc .SInce LOrd Barasu Ram is the sole cause for making this land suitable for living and worshiping, He is GOd father for these people's and thus the land is called as God's Own land  .
According to "MAnikanda puran" LOrd Vishnu tricked Bashmasura by his Mohini Avator and challenged him for a dance competition  later this leads to Bashmasura's death . Lord shiv got attracted towards Mohini and they lived happily for a period of divine one year at the banks of River Pambha ,Mohini delivered the boy child ,lord shiv came out the maya ,that he is attached so much to mohini , and forgot even parvati for a long time ,hence Shiv and VIshnu in their respective forms left the child with a MAni (bead), around his neck .

Another proof for Kaliyug arrival is ,Lord Ayyapan defeated a Muslim rober named Babar ,who later became a devotee of LOrd Ayyapan .In his remembrance there is Mosque in the way of  Sabarimalai temple, that people pay respect to him till now .

Edited by vanadhi - 11 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Vrish, good to see you starting and continuing discussions here too. Thanks for introducing me to this series. I watched some bits from youtube. I'll try to catch up with this series.

As for the questions on the birth of Lord Manikanda - I am confused myself. The only information I could gather (without speculating) was the time when King Rajashekara lived. The Pandalam Dynasty formed from the descendants of the Pandya kings exisisted from 1100 AD to 1500 AD. It was under Rajashekara that the Pandya royals reassembled - probably around 1150 to 1200 AD (the year differs from one account to another). Doesn't this time frame suggest that Manikanda was found by Rajashekara in the Kali Yuga? 😕

Also, the time frame of the Gods are not the same as that of humans. It could be possible that that the events could have started long ago and continued till Kali Yuga. Still, I feel like I'm missing something somewhere. I have no information on what happened since the birth of Ayyappa till he was found by Rajashekara.
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

I've always wondered - how are there skies in patal lok?  It's supposed to be subterranean i.e. a dark cave like underground, where only such demons can exist.

Possibly black. I am  not sure if they have something they can call a sky or if they have a very high ceiling of the base of the previous lok. It is said that there is no sunshine in Patal lok but the jewels worn by the inhabitants and the treasures found there dispel the darkness for the worlds. It is also said that the natural beauty of the Patal lokas are much better than the heavens. Also many accounts from the Puranas make it sound like a Utopia - no diseases, no poverty, no old age, etc.

One thing that always struck me - if these worlds were so beautiful (supposedly much more beautiful than the heavens), why do the demons want to conquer the upper worlds and rule them? They could conquer the upper worlds and return back to their homes leaving the conquered kings or devas as their sub-ordinates...
Vr15h thumbnail
Vibs

Glad you found this thread - now we can have fun discussing Mahadev as well. much of it so far had been around Daksha and other stories in the series.

Yeah, someone else pointed out that Manikanthan existed in the Kalyug, so it could be that by the time Brahma appeared b4 her and granted her her boon, the earlier part of the Kalyug was done.  Parashurama, being immortal, could have surfaced as well.  Other than that, about the conflicting time frames, it's been suggested that there were parallel yuga cycles going on at the same time (think of the movie 'Back to the Future 2' where Marty sees himself as he is in the 21st century, thereby creating the effect of 2 Martys existing at the same time, despite them being the same person.  But yeah, that's a pretty warped description, even for me.

On the pataal thing, I think the inhabitants of pataal were happy, but occasionally bored, and therefore would invade the upper worlds to kill their boredom, along w/ their enemies.  They probably would have wanted to just install vassals there, although some, like Surapadman, actually moved to Devalok.  Incidentally, remember - Shurpanakha's hubby Vidyutjeev was killed by Ravana while defending a pataal kingdom against him?  So it's not even like all rakshashas were a fraternity in this regard.

But one thing this serial has done, which looks like a blooper - it's shown Vritra and Tarakasura as friends, and it's shown Tarakasura as wanting to kill Sati to prevent Shiva from having any kids.  When in fact, Taraka never cared about whether Shiva had any sons.