Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
So I looked around the forum and on other online sources but could not find the answer. Who is Vijaya? Who was she married to? Cannot find any information on her.
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^LOL, I was trying to look that up but couldnt find the answer
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Vijaya is a fictional character...similar to Madanike...and since Prajyapati had 60 daughters,some who havent been documented this character has been created!
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't think Daksha had any sons - he happened to have only daughters.

Incidentally, any account of what happened to him after he got the goat head and completed his yagna?
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
as far as i know Vrish he turned into a Shiva Bhakt after that-but beyond that nothing is mentioned!
so texts do mention that he did have sons-who Narad sent wondering around the world and they never came back-hence Daksha gave him a curse that he will be wondering forever
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I don't think Daksha had any sons - he happened to have only daughters.

Daksha had 2,000 sons. First he had 1,000 sons and he asked them to rule over the world. Narad told them how they could rule over the world without knowing the world first. On Narad's suggestion, they started exploring the universe. Daksha had another 1,000 sons and the same thing happened to them too.

Daksh cursed Narad that he would not stay at one place for long and would keep wandering about.

Edited by akhl - 12 years ago
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Is it me or has Narad gone missing recently? He wasn't at the swayamvar either. ðŸ¤”
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Maybe Daksha's curse had already started and Daksha didn't invite him, and since he didn't have Sati for his wife, he wasn't cajoled into going there either 😆
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Maybe Daksha's curse had already started and Daksha didn't invite him, and since he didn't have Sati for his wife, he wasn't cajoled into going there either 😆

Narad & Daksh both being Brhma's son, Sati was like  a daughter for him. He was the first one to tell Sati, she is Aadi Shakti. Shivji & Sati are divine figures for many of us here. This is not funny, no disrespect please.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Narad wasnt there beacuse the actor playing Narad is busy in a Marathi Daily soap which my mom sees!