Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Does eeshwar cry? Does eeshwar really have feelings for their bhakts? Is the hart of eeshwar komal for their bhakts? 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Varaali & Akhl, thanks!

My question more specifically was - is Daksha's opposition to Shiva marrying Sati something that is explicitly mentioned in the scriptures?  Or is it implicitly mentioned?

Difference being that if in the part where they are describing the proposal for Sati, it is mentioned that Daksha had his objections and opposed it, that's an explicit description of his opposition.  If OTOH, they do not mention it, but instead, later during the fateful yagna, they describe Daksha as telling Sati that he had been opposed to her marriage to Shiva and had only agreed to it due to Brahma's advice/insistence, that is an implicit description.

So what I am curious about is - which one was it i.e. which part precisely is Daksha's opposition described - b4 the marriage itself, or @ the yagna, or some other occasion?
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
After writing the Mahapuranas, Ved Vyas was not satisfied, simillar to him writing Shrimad Bhagvat because he felt things are incompelete & felt happy showing Bhakti as the way to achieve God in Kaliyuga.He did penance of Goddess Parashakti. She was pleased with him, showed her more Leelas in his meditative state. Ved Vyas wrote that as Devi Puran, which is an up-Puran consisting of 24000 shlokas. Goddess Parashakti's main roop's
Leelas are described well in that. This show's Daksh's attitude is also mentioned in that. This puran is not online, but if you get a chance it's a must read to broaden your views.
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail

@ Reshma,there was 1 incident about Shivji of his tear drop falling on earth, while thinking about pain & problems of humans. That tear drop fell on Earth, Rudraksh tree is the reasult of that. There are many incidents where he has shown many ways to remove problems of his devotees. Shivji infact destroys unhappiness, problems of his devotee at times saves them from death too.

So God is compassionate towards his devotees in Kaliyuga, where Bhakti is considered the fastest way to achieve God.😊 Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

@ Reshma,there was 1 incident about Shivji of his tear drop falling on earth, while thinking about pain & problems of humans. That tear drop fell on Earth, Rudraksh tree is the reasult of that. There are many incidents where he has shown many ways to remove problems of his devotees. Shivji infact destroys unhappiness, problems of his devotee at times saves them from death too.

So God is compassionate towards his devotees in Kaliyuga, where Bhakti is considered the fastest way to achieve God.😊

Thank u so much Meenaxi and have 1 question for u. 😊 I have also heard that eeshwar also tests humans with their bhakti in good and bad times, is that also truth?Thanks in advance😳
mnx12 thumbnail
 I have also heard that eeshwar also tests humans with their bhakti in good and bad times, is that also truth?Thanks in advance😳[/QUOTE]
 He does test to polish his devotees, to make them much better human neings. They act as per their thought pattern, which is a result of their surrounding, sanskars & Karmas. 😊
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanks for all the beautiful explanations...
im rather confused about the Rishi Angira track shown the show...as far as i know(please correct me if im wrong),other than the swyamvar track,there is no mention of Daksh searching a groom for Sati...so where does Rishi Angira come in?is it fiction?
this is the only meaningful connection i could find between him and Sati is that he and her father Daksh are mind born sons of Bramha and he is a Saptarishi along with Brigu Atri etc...
ive even heard he married one of Dakshas daughters?!

Aasthahere thumbnail
 I wanted to know did Lord Ganesh have any children??

and well I heard it sumwhere about the story in which Karthikeya and Ganesh had to take rounds of the earth...for marriage...Ganesh won ...and Karthikeya gave a sharaap ...is it true?? What was the sraap??And did Karthikeya marry after that or remained as a bachelor?

plz clear my confusion
thanx in advance😃
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hai guys just found out an interesting fact about lord shiv and he is worshiped all around the earth ...
Who is the root cause for most of the religions which later modified according to time...
seems interesting thats why posted... nothing more than that.

since it talks about shivji i have posted sorry in advance ...if it was wrong!  

ya romi its a sensitive truth but here we are same community know?  mahadev ka community...😳 ðŸ˜†
Edited by vanadhi - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The five arrows shot by Kamadeva on Shiva ... 

have been actually listed by name in the Shiva Purana.

They are HarshaNa, Rochana, Mohana, ShoshaNa and MaraNa. The names are very suggestive and a little thinking on them reveals a lot of information. 

HarshaNa :   the first arrow discharged by Kamadeva, was supposed to make the 'victim' suddenly joyous, pleasantly surprised. A person should be first made to feel happy, (even for no apparent reason) if he was to be made to fall in love.

Rochana : means ' to create a desire'. Obviously this would be the aim of the next arrow shot.

Mohana :   This arrow when shot, would cause the 'victim' to become infatuated , to fall madly in love.

ShoshaNa :  If the first three arrows had been successful, this one causes the victim's logical thinking capacity to dry up, so that he continues to remain infatuated.

MaraNa :   Death, figuratively speaking. Loss of appetite, loss os senses, all the symptoms shown by lovelorn people.

These arrows were considered powerful enough to make even rishis succumb.

Clarification: The Shiva Purana only lists the names.I have tried to throw some light on them . If there are any errors in interpretation / translation I will be happy to be corrected.

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago