Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ratilal22192

On an ironic note after the Mahamritunjay mantra-

Ok so in today's Sati and Revathy go to the cemetery - but Revathy says that women are not allowed there, and I know from what I have heard growing up - that women are not allowed in the cemetery but I never got a good explanation on why...

do any of you have a good explanation?

I don't think there is any 'good explanation', because its just a man-made norm like any other. But I guess people think that women are too faint-hearted to witness funerals, corpses, half-burnt bodies etc. Possibly for similar reasons women are also not allowed to burn their dead parents/husbands.

I hope such lop-sided norms change for good.
😊

Edited by Rehanism - 12 years ago
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have a deliberate confusion,  why son is considered as gar ka varish and women are not ...in daksh state there is no such hints that he considered son is the only heir after him...he treated his daughters with equal rights...why in India parents are fond of sons and mentioning him as next generation or heir to their family ...
females are not given that state...during sati 's period it seems they have different believes from what now on going...

If a family having a sole daughter who will do the cemetery rituals to her parents?...I heard a famous tale (recorded history according their Sanskrit scriptures  ) around Tamilnadu a city called Madurai where parvatiji was born as Princess Meenakshi in Pandiyan Kingdom and Married lord Shiva. After their wedding Lord himself moved to their kingdom and shared the throne with Princess Meenakshi...

Why the customs are not possible now ...? why a male have one initial and a female having two in her life...? 
Edited by vanadhi - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
It's up to us to change something we don't believe in. There are cases where a daughter has performed her father's last rites, I am proud to be one of them. If one is mentally prepared then there is nothing scary. It is one of the sanskar to be performed on a human body.
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

It's up to us to change something we don't believe in. There are cases where a daughter has performed her father's last rites, I am proud to be one of them. If one is mentally prepared then there is nothing scary. It is one of the sanskar to be performed on a human body.

You really did it then its proud sign of change in vigor aspects of blind text...
but still sasural blah blah is continuing even in this 21 st century ...
when i was 5 or 6 my mother hoped thats will be changed when future generations perturbate new customs to overcome these tragedies...but i think still they are in the same trance from those days...🥱  

mnx12 thumbnail
Smashan is being shown often in this show. The significance is Shivji's Mahakaal form. Sati is Goddess Shakti, who when stopped by Shivji for going to Daksh's yagya, appeared in 10 Mahavidyas form in 10 dishas, which are Mahakali, Tara, Tripursundari, Bhuvaneshvari, Tripurbhairavi, Bagalmukhi, Chinnamasta, Dhumavati, Matangi & Kamala.
One of the form of Mahakali is Smashan Kali. Shivji calles Sati Dakshini. One of the form of Mahakali is Dakshin Kalika, who stops Yama coming from Dakshin disha, to save her devotee. Makhakaal Jyotirling at ujjain is the only Dakshin-mukhi among all the other. Both of them have taken various forms to associate with each other.
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
meenaxi u are realy our gurumata and teacher in this forum am really glad to have u in this forum.😳
mnx12 thumbnail

Thanks Reshma, but I am one of you who is eager to learn more & more about Shivji & Shakti. I get thrilled & excited seeing many things learned, read & known before, am really fortunate to be part of this forum, where I can share & discuss about this amazing & brilliant show.

Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
can someone please explain the Tarkasur story to me?...
the brand new promo shows about Tarkasurs boon given to him by Shiva...but isnt this supposed to be during Parvatis time?and that is why Bramha Ji wanted Shiva and Parvati to get married?
i hope the show isnt doing a deviation from the actual story!
mnx12 thumbnail
From Shivmahapura:
There was an asura (demon) named Tara. Tara's son was Taraka.
Taraka wished to defeat the gods. He therefore went to a place named Madhuvana and began to perform very difficult tapasya. He gazed at the sun and stood there with his arms raised. He stood on one leg and that too, only on the toes of his feet. A hundred years passed. For those hundred years, Taraka drank only water and had no food to eat. For the next hundreds, he gave up that also and lived only on air. A hundred years were spent in performing tapasya inside water, another hundred years on earth and a hundred years more inside fire. For a hundred years he performed tapasya upside down, standing on his hands. And for yet another hundred years, he hung upside down from the branches of a tree.( He performed tapasya for 700 years)

The meditation was so difficult that Brahma was pleased. He appeared before Tarakasura and said, I am pleased with your tapasya. What boon do you want?

If you are pleased, replied Tarakasura, grant me two boons. The first boon should be that no one created by you should be as strong as me. The second boon should be that I should be killed only by Shiva's son.

Shiva at that point of time had no sons. Sati had died and although she had been reborn as Parvati, she had not been married to Shiva.

Brahma granted Tarakasura the two boons. The demon went to a city named Shonitapura and began to live there. All the other demons made Tarakasura their king. Thanks to the boon. Tarakasura was so strong tha the easily defeated the gods. He conquered the three worlds and drove the gods out of heaven. He stole all their belongings and employed the gods as his servants.

The despondent gods went to Brahma and asked him to find a solution to the Tarakasura problem. I can't, said Brahma. It is because of my boon that the demon has become so powerful. Besides, my boon says that Tarakasura can only be killed by Shiva's son. Shiva has got to have a son. He is now performing tapasya in the Himalaya mountains. Parvati is also in that region. Do something so that these two fall in love with each other
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
cooldudette thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes, according to the puranas, Tarakasura is granted boon by Bramha and this is after Sati has died.
So then Shiva-Parvati marriage happens and Kartikeya is born.

This show is deviating from what is written in the puranas...
In fact nothing shown till now seems to be written anywhere

Why are the creating a new story??????????