\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 31

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Mnx

I'm not talking about girls in this forum 🀣 - I'm talking about women of that time.  Except Sati and later Parvati, I'm not aware that any woman was enamored of him.  Was Reshma asking about any women in the show, or was she asking about posters in this forum?

Had anyone been, given how easily Mahadev fulfilled the desires of his bhakts, such a woman would easily have gotten Mahadev for a husband - at least in the form of one of his avatars, like Hanuman.

Reshma

Kaal has been variously interpreted as 'Time' and 'Death'.  Essentially, it reflects the idea that time has an eroding influence on all mortal life, but none on divine life, like the of the deities and celestial beings - devas, asuras, gandharvas, kinnaras, apsaras, and so on.
o vrish🀣 this is cracking me up🀣.  i read somewhere in the forum that lots of females wanted a graceful person like shivji.. i was totally suprised.πŸ˜† Edited by .Reshama. - 12 years ago
am confused what was the beginning of kaal??πŸ€”
@vrish no female can't marry hanuman because he lives a celibacy life...πŸ˜³πŸ˜† Edited by .Reshama. - 12 years ago
@Mnx-really good one🀣
@Vrish Shiva is described to be very good looking actually...Sati and Parvati were the only ones who married him
he did listen to his Bhakts i suppose but however he was a confirmed bachelor,as per the myths he didnt quite want to get rid of his freedom,he liked his vairagya-the fact that he was unattached from the world,this was the very fact that worried Bramha and Vishnu who felt that if Shiv Ji remained a Bachelor others would follow his path too
it was only the severe penance of Sati and Parvati both who manged to get him out of it and get him to marry them...Sati survived for a long period of time only on a bilva leaf and after some time gave that up too-such was thier love for him,so i guess getting Shiva to marry them wasnt quite easy,i guess thats why many didnt try to get Shiva as thier husbands due to the hard penance and fasting involved!
Originally posted by .Reshama.

@Vrish, till now it is not shown anywhere, nor have I read any where that many women falling for Shivji. He was loyal to only his Shakti first, Sati, then Parvati. Mahadev was seen as God, a protector, he is called Bholenath, because he can be pleased easily. I ve promised myself, I'll stick to only +ve aspects. Mahadev has rescued me from DBSK.πŸ˜ƒ                                   @Reshma, where is it shown that many women are falling for Shivji, please enlighten me😊
Ive heard of a story where Shiva makes himself a Shiv Ling to prevent some wifes of Bramhins from desiring him?...i cant find the source though!
Can anyone please enlighten me on how to keep a Mahashivratri fast and its significance?
Shruti

In the ACK Shiva & Parvati, while Parvati is doing her penance, Shiva appears to her in a disguise and speaks ill of Shiva - describes himself as smeared w/ ashes, wearing serpants as ornaments, dressed in tiger/deer(?) skin, etc.  Parvati gets furious and asks him to get lost, and then Shiva appears before her, and Parvati asks her companions to ask him to ask her father Himavat for her hand.

I'm unaware about the traditions in Shivratri - maybe Gyan Guru (on Imagine) may cover it πŸ˜†

Mnx

Mahadev saved Banasura from DBSK, after being on the losing end of a battle w/ DBSK, but he managed to save you as well?  Impressive πŸ˜†

Oh, and I forgot about Mohini - Vishnu, in that form, did manage to attract Shiva, and when a Shiva-Vishnu offspring was needed to slay Mahishi, Mohini became Shiva's wife for that purpose.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Is Hanumanji a avatar(11th ansh) of shivji? Can somebody explain it for me?πŸ˜‰

His name is in tha hanuman chalisa..

Shree Guru Charan Saroj Raj, Nij Man Mukar Sudhari I

Barnau Raghuvar Bimal Jasu, Jo Dayaku Phal Chari II

Budhi heen Tanu Janike, Sumirow Pavan Kumar I

Bal Buddhi Vidya Dehu Mohi, Harahu Kalesh Bikaar II

Jai Hanuman Gyan Guna Sagar, Jai Kapis Tihun Lok Ujgaar, I (01)

Ramdoot Atulit Bal Dhamaa, Anjani Putra Pavansut Naamaa. II (02)

Mahabeer Bikram Bajrangi, Kumati Nivaar Sumati Ke Sangi, I (03)

Kanchan Baran Biraaj Subesaa, Kanan kundal Kunchit Kesa. II (04)

Hath Bajra Aur Dhvaja Birjai, Kandhe Moonj Janeu Saaje, I (05)

Shankar Suvna Kesari Nandan, Tej Pratap Maha Jag Vandan. II (06)

Vidyavaan Guni Ati Chatur, Ram Kaj Karibe Ko Atur, I (07)

Prabhu Charitra Sunibe Ko Rasiya, Ram Lakhan Sita Man Basia II (08)

Sukshma Roop Dhari Siyahi Dikhwana, Bikat Roop Dhari Lank Jarawa, I (09)

Bhim Roop Dhari Asur Sanhare, Ramchandra Ke Kaaj Savare. II (10)

Laye Sanjivan Lakhan Jiyaye, Shri Raghubir Harashi Urlaye, I (11)

Raghupati Kinhi Bahut Badaai, Tum Muma Priya Bharat Sum Bahi. (12)

Sahastra Badan Tumharo Jas Gaave, Asa Kahi Shripati Kanth Laagave, I (13)

Sankadik Brahmadi Muneesa, Narad Sarad Sahit Aheesa. (14)

Jam Kuber Digpal Jahan Te, Kabi Kobid Kahin Sake Kahan Te, I (15)

Tum Upkar Sugrivahi Keenha, Ram Milai Rajpad Deenha. II (16)

Tumharo Mantro Bibhishan Maana, Lankeshwar Bhaye Sab Jag Jaana, I (17)

Jug Sahastra Jojan Par Bhaanu, Leelyo Taahi Madhur Phal Jaanu. II (18)

Prabhu Mudrika Meli Mukha Maaheen, Jaladhi Langhi Gaye Acharaj Naheen, I (19)

Durgam Kaaj Jagat Ke Jeete, Sugam Anugrah Tumhre Te Te. II (20)

Ram Duware Tum Rakhavare, Hot Na Aagya Bin Paisare, I (21)

Sab Sukh Lahen Tumhari Sarna, Tum Rakshak Kaahu Ko Darnaa. II (22)

Aapan Tej Samharo Aapei, Tenau Lok Hank Te Kanpei, I (23)

Bhoot Pisaach Nikat Nahi Avei, Mahabir Jab Naam Sunavei. II (24)

Nasei Rog Hare Sab Peera, Japat Niranter Hanumant Beera, I (25)

Sankat Se Hanuman Chhudavei, Man Kram Bachan Dhyan Jo Lavei II (26)

Sub Par Ram Tapasvee Raaja, Tinke Kaaj Sakal Tum Saaja, I (27)

Aur Manorath Jo Koi Lave, Soi Amit Jivan Phal Pave, II (28)

Charo Juug Partap Tumhara, Hai Parsiddha Jagat Ujiyara, I (29)

Sadho Sant Ke Tum Rakhvare, Asur Nikandan Ram Dulare II (30)

Ashta Siddhi Nau Nidhi Ke Data, Asa Bar Din Janki Mata, I (31)

Ram Rasayan Tumhare Pasa, Sadaa Raho Raghupati Ke Dasa II (32)

Tumhare Bhajan Ramko Pavei, Janam Janam Ke Dukh Bisravei, I (33)

Anta Kaal Raghubar Pur Jai, Jahan Janma Hari Bhakta Kahai, II (34)

Aur Devata Chitt Na Dharai, Hanumant Sei Sarva Sukh Karai, I (35)

Sankat Kate Mitey Sab Peera, Jo Sumirei Hanumant Balbeera II (36)

Jai Jai Jai Hanuman Gosai, Kripa Karahu Gurudev Ki Naiee, I (37)

Jo Sat Baar Paath Kar Koi, Chhutahi Bandi Maha Sukh Hoi II (38)

Jo Yah Padhe Hanuman Chalisa, Hoy Siddhi Sakhi Gaurisa I (39)

Tulsidas Sada Hari Chera, Keeje Nath Hriday Mah Dera. II (40)

Doha

Pavan Tanay Sankat Haran, Mangal Murti Roop;

Raam Lakhan Sita Sahit, Hirdya Basao Sur Bhoop!

Edited by .Reshama. - 12 years ago
Originally posted by .Reshama.

Is Hanumanji a avatar(11th ansh) of shivji? Can somebody explain it for me?πŸ˜‰

He was born out of one of Shiva's limbs.  I describe him as a partial avatar in this sense - unlike avatars like Rama or Krishna, who, during their presence on earth, Vaikuntha was empty, but the same was not true about Hanuman.  He is immortal, but Shiva exists separately even though Hanuman exists.  Whereas in Rama's case, Kaal went to persuade him to return to Vaikuntha, while Krishna too was taken back there after being shot.

In serials, they sometimes show Rama or Krishna on earth at the same time that Narayan is in Vaikuntha, which is wrong.  But for Hanuman, both he & Mahadev exist simultaneously & separately.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Can anyone please enlighten me on how to keep a Mahashivratri fast and its significance?
Mahashivaratri's fast is kept for 24 hrs, staring from early morning on the day till next morning, is broken with prasad offered to Lord Shiva. Milk & fruits can be taken. Doing abhisheka with Shivmahimnastotra or Rudri path or Om Namah Shivay or Mahamrityujaya mantra is followed depending on your tradition. But during 4 prahars Abhisheka is offered with Laghu-Rudra path in temples.
The most exciting scene, I have found is, at night on some regional tv channels all 12 Jyotirlings are shown on  a single screen live. It's an amazing scene seeing all the 12 Jyotirlings on Mahashivratri night.