\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 30

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by .Reshama.

Was Tara in love with chandra?

It is often said that Tara eloped with Chandra.  In the Devi Bhagavatam she willingly goes over to Chandra's house and they start an affair.
Edited by Kal El - 12 years ago
i just finished reading this thread !!
i would really like to thank all the people who have put in their valuable inputs and made such an interesting and informative thread !!
i wish to read many more pages
i had very negligible mythological knowledge before i read this thread ... and im glad to have leaned something from here !!🤗 hugs to all !!
Originally posted by aashiLife

i just finished reading this thread !!
i would really like to thank all the people who have put in their valuable inputs and made such an interesting and informative thread !!
i wish to read many more pages
i had very negligible mythological knowledge before i read this thread ... and im glad to have leaned something from here !!🤗 hugs to all !!
I know that we're gonna see a lot more questions & answers, but so far, I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody who contributed to this thread w/ both questions & answers.  It's certainly been very informative for me, and has a wide variety of questions on Mahdev, besides being the most prolific thread on this forum, sometimes rivaling the pictures thread 👏
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I know that we're gonna see a lot more questions & answers, but so far, I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody who contributed to this thread w/ both questions & answers.  It's certainly been very informative for me, and has a wide variety of questions on Mahdev, besides being the most prolific thread on this forum, sometimes rivaling the pictures thread 👏
Frankly...i am glad to meet young people like you all who are spiritualist..with people like you ..our tradition would remain intact...😊(talked like an eighty year old grandma..😆 ..for info m just 18 😆)
Originally posted by INTOXIAHCATED

</div>
Frankly...i am glad to meet young people like you all who arespiritualist..with people like you ..our tradition would remain intact...😊(talked like an eighty year old grandma..😆..for info m just 18😆)

Ya me as well gained lots of info, on this thread ,where previously i was unaware and didnt know much info about the stories behind temples and tons of othr stuff. I constantly luk here for the info abt my fav gods and goddess   😊 😊 👍🏼
how is it possible that shakti incarnated as sati in human form and why?
couldnt she be incarnated as her goddess avatar?
in today's episode shivji talked about  other yug but isnt this story of satya yug the first yug?
why does lots of woman want a man like shivji? can someone explian this for me?
Is that what they are showing - lots of women wanting Shiva?  B'cos I'm not aware that other than Sati & Parvati, that anyone ever wanted him.

All of Daksha's daughters - were they human?  I thought that they belonged to the same species as their offspring - Aditi was a devi, Diti an asuri, and so on.

On the Yugas involved, I too thought that this was in the Satya Yuga, but if they are being accurate by showing Shukracharya there, then it would be a Treta Yuga story.  After the killing of Hiranyakashipu, the Treta Yuga started, while Shukracharya was the grandson of Hiranyaksha.  So chances are that his active role would have been mainly in the Treta Yuga, not Satya Yuga.

Does anyone know whether Sati's story is a Satya Yuga event?  I was under the impression that even the births of Kartikeya & Ganesh were in the Satya Yuga.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Originally posted by .Reshama.

how is it possible that shakti incarnated as sati in human form and why?
couldnt she be incarnated as her goddess avatar?
in today's episode shivji talked about  other yug but isnt this story of satya yug the first yug?
why does lots of woman want a man like shivji? can someone explian this for me?
Shivji & Shakti, were together before Brahmaji started creation, Shivji was talking about that yuga, before the beginning of Kaal. This is the story of Satyuga.
As per Devi purana, Brhmaji told Daksh that Goddess Shakti, on Shivji's penance has agreed to be his wife, so she will take birth at some place, you please her with your penance & get her to be your daughter. So Sati was born in a human form.

@ Vrish, The way Shivji is, his caring nature, strenght, power, fearless attitude etc ( no one can exactly describe all his qualities) makes all the girls at the forum want a man like Shivji. In the show till now only Sati & later Parvati is for him.
Originally posted by mnx12

Shivji & Shakti, were together before Brahmaji started creation, Shivji was talking about that yuga, before the beginning of Kaal. This is the story of Satyuga.
As per Devi purana, Brhmaji told Daksh that Goddess Shakti, on Shivji's penance has agreed to be his wife, so she will take birth at some place, you please her with your penance & get her to be your daughter. So Sati was born in a human form.

@ Vrish, The way Shivji is, his caring nature, strenght, power, fearless attitude etc ( no one can exactly describe all his qualities) makes all the girls at the forum want a man like Shivji. In the show till now only Sati & later Parvati is for him.
What was Kaal exactly, was it de beginning of the creation of the universe?
Why was shivji not with shakti?
Mnx

I'm not talking about girls in this forum 🤣 - I'm talking about women of that time.  Except Sati and later Parvati, I'm not aware that any woman was enamored of him.  Was Reshma asking about any women in the show, or was she asking about posters in this forum?

Had anyone been, given how easily Mahadev fulfilled the desires of his bhakts, such a woman would easily have gotten Mahadev for a husband - at least in the form of one of his avatars, like Hanuman.

Reshma

Kaal has been variously interpreted as 'Time' and 'Death'.  Essentially, it reflects the idea that time has an eroding influence on all mortal life, but none on divine life, like the of the deities and celestial beings - devas, asuras, gandharvas, kinnaras, apsaras, and so on.