Posted: 12 years ago
still no answer to my question?????😕
Originally posted by .Reshama.

still no answer to my question?????😕

Sorry, but what's the question? 
Hi Everyone,

I just read through all 22 pages of this thread and have to say, it was very very helpful. I was really confused about Chandara/Rohini-Revathi, who exactly he was married to etc, but that was clarified. Varaali, .Vrish., mnx12, ...Parina..., akhl, sattvik,shruthi.nil, and others (sorry if I forgot your name) thanks so much for all the answers and the questions. Very informative :)

Anywho, this is a more general question, pretty simple yet ignorance on my part. But how do you all know all this? I'm really curious where you read these, because I would like to buy  books and learn more myself, but have no clue where to start😆. Not only about Shiva, but the Ramayan and anything Goddess related as well. If any of you have any good books on any of these mythological subjects that you would recommend, please do share! I would love to read them.

Thanks everyone!
-Naina
Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago
@Naina-there are tons and tons of sites which has these things...
and Amar Chitra Kanta..that really was one way i learnt Indian Mythology...
not to forget the stories we were told as Kids..
in case you want to refer to a book you can try all the books by DevDutt Patnaik-he has written various works on Hindu Mythology-on shiva,Vishnu etc...or even go to his website-Google it..it has lots of info!
Originally posted by shruti.nil

@Naina-there are tons and tons of sites which has these things...
and Amar Chitra Kanta..that really was one way i learnt Indian Mythology...
not to forget the stories we were told as Kids..
in case you want to refer to a book you can try all the books by DevDutt Patnaik-he has written various works on Hindu Mythology-on shiva,Vishnu etc...or even go to his website-Google it..it has lots of info!

Thanks for the response Shruthi!

Yeah, I've read a lot of the Amar Chitra Katha stories...and have learned a lot from them. Will definitely check out Dev Dutt Patnaik's website and books. I feel like a hard copy of a book just helps me understand whatever it is, more😆 Never heard of him before, but seeing you all referred to him, and this show is based on one of his books, I will definitely look further into it.  Thanks again!
@Naina-he is the Belief head of the Future group and infact Mahadev is based on his research!
Originally posted by shruti.nil

@Naina-he is the Belief head of the Future group and infact Mahadev is based on his research!

*Oops, found it on the website!*

Thanks so much for all your help!
Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by .Reshama.

can someone tell me why isnt there much info about sati?
@ Reshma,
Info about Sati is there in Devi purana, Devi bhagvat, Shiv mahapuran & other such puranas. But Shiv puran tells the story from Shivji's pov, Devi puran tells from Godess Shakti's pov, it is same for other purans. The books on 10 Mahavidyas too cover some parts. so getting compelete info. at 1 source may not be possible. Here they are showing many characters who were present during that time period, like Saptarishi's, Dadhichi, Shukracharya, dev, asura clash, Indra, Chandra's curse along with Shivji & Sati. These character's story is also part of Mahadevji & Sati. Most important why Mahadevji is called Maha-dev, his greatness, his various qualities all these combine is the story of this show. I hope some part of your Q is answered😊
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
Q:Does Mahadev know that the girl he frowned at and vanished was Sati (I am tlkin abt the part whr Shivji was singing and when he opened his eyes he found Sati in front of him)?Will Sati also attend this maha mandal?
Originally posted by mnx12

@ Reshma,
Info about Sati is there in Devi purana, Devi bhagvat, Shiv mahapuran & other such puranas. But Shiv puran tells the story from Shivji's pov, Devi puran tells from Godess Shakti's pov, it is same for other purans. The books on 10 Mahavidyas too cover some parts. so getting compelete info. at 1 source may not be possible. Here they are showing many characters who were present during that time period, like Saptarishi's, Dadhichi, Shukracharya, dev, asura clash, Indra, Chandra's curse along with Shivji & Sati. These character's story is also part of Mahadevji & Sati. Most important why Mahadevji is called Maha-dev, his greatness, his various qualities all these combine is the story of this show. I hope some part of your Q is answered😊
thanks dear