Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 5

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago

SHIVA AS ARDHANARISHWAR
Once upon a time Lord Brahma, not seeing an expansion in his creation became very worried. A heavenly voice instructed him to commence creation with the help of copulative activities. But since all the incarnation of Shiva had been males till then, therefore lord Brahma was finding it impossible.
Lord Brahma contemplated on the form of Shiva and Shakti. Lord Shiva became very pleased with him and appeared in his form of 'Ardhanarishwar (half male half female). Left side of his body resembled like a woman while the right side appeared like a man. Lord Brahma worshipped this form of Shiva.
Lord Shiva then separated the feminine part of his body and thus manifested mother Shakti. Lord Brahma worshipped her and requested to bestow such power by which he could create a woman.
Goddess Shakti blessed him by saying, 'So be it' and vanished. This way Lord Brahma became capable of commencing copulative creation.
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
There was a deleted scene in the show where into og Vishnuji, Brahma ji n Lakshmi was shown (if any one noticed that i hd posted the link)
Through their convo. They said Brahmaji hd 5 heads! N one was cut by Shiva !!!
Doesnt any1 knows about the story , y Shiva did it???

@vrish: sorry no idea.
@mnx : THANKS! Im gonna share this on FB ! :P
bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good to see that the original 'Doubts & Discussion' thread from the Ramyan forum days has spread to so many various forums now! one of the best & fav thread where we learn so much! 👏

Q: Does anyone have any information regarding Sagar-menthan. During Sagar-menthan was Lord Shiva married to Sati or Parvati or He was not married at that time (I remember vaguely that in the other shows it has been shown that He was married)? When did or in which Yug Sagar-menthan happened?

In today's episode (27/12/11) Devrishi Narad mentions to Lord Shiva that Lord Vishnu & Lord Brahma are enjoying martial bliss already and for how long He will be a Vairagi.

Mahalaxmi has always existed, but during the churning of ocean she appeared as Laxmi and married Lord Vishnu.

So the question is: How can they show /mention Laxmiji if churning of the ocean has not yet been taken place?

Hope I have made my question clear!

Thanks in advance.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Rimi

Glad to see you here again.  Yeah, this thread is there in Mythological Masti, as well as in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagvan Shri Krishn, all covering more or less mutually exclusive subjects.  Of course, since Ramayan thread is frozen, any Ramayan related questions would go to Mythological Masti, except for ones like the one I asked above.

Samudra manthan - it happened in the Satya Yuga, since Treta Yuga started w/ the killing of Hiranyakashipu.  I don't think Shiva had either Sati nor Parvati w/ him.  I think it might have been during the interval b/w the demise of Sati and the birth of Parvati.  In fact, some stories have it that during the Samudra manthan, Shiva was attracted by Mohini and wanted to find out more about here.  Probably later, to kill Mahishi, they both begat a son Ayappan.

On Lakshmiji, I find her origins pretty confusing - if she was the daughter of Bhrigu/Khyatti, how did she end up w/ Varuna?  Remember, in Kurma avatar, when the ocean was churned, she appeared, and then married Vishnu, who was organizing this entire activity.  So according to that at least, she'd be the daughter of Varuna.  Besides that, does the serial indicate that Khyatti is currently married to Bhrigu?  I seem to get the impression that all these ladies are yet unmarried, or why would Kashyap be roaming about one place, while Aditi et al are all w/ Sati?  But at this time, they'd be married, no, since Daksha's friends included the devas like Indra, who fought on his side against Veerbhadra?

P.S.  Somebody please answer my question above (the first on this page) on whether the wife of Bhrigu that Vishnu killed was Khyatti?
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Q: Does anyone have any information regarding Sagar-menthan. During Sagar-menthan was Lord Shiva married to Sati or Parvati or He was not married at that time (I remember vaguely that in the other shows it has been shown that He was married)?[/quote]

According to Bhagavat Puran, Lord Shiva was married to Sati at that time. In chapter 7 of canto 8 of Srimad Bhagavatam, it is written that when gods prayed Lord Shiva to save them from the poison, then Lord Shiva said to his wife Sati, "
My dear Bhavani, see how all these living beings have been placed in danger because of the poison produced from the churning of the ocean of milk."

[quote=bharat9] When did or in which Yug Sagar-menthan happened? [/quote]
Sagar manthan happened in Trata yuga.

[quote=bharat9]Mahalaxmi has always existed, but during the churning of ocean she appeared as Laxmi and married Lord Vishnu.
So the question is: How can they show /mention Laxmiji if churning of the ocean has not yet been taken place? [/quote]

Lord Vishnua and Laxmiji are eternal consorts. But, during churning of the ocean Lord Vishnu had incarnated as Ajit and an incarnation of Laxmiji appeared from the Sagar. They got married.

akhl thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

I have a new question.  A lot of people may be familiar w/ the story of Bhrigu's wife sheltering some asuras, in response to which Vishnu beheaded her b4 killing the asuras.  Some accounts have it that she was restored to life.  This story was there in the Ramayan which Sumantra describes to Lakshman after Sita's exile.  IIRC, the name of Bhrigu's wife is not mentioned there.

Question is - was Khyatti the wife that Vishnu killed i.e. did he kill his own MIL?  Or did Rishi Bhrigu have other wives, and one of them happened to be killed by Vishnu?

Lord Vishnu killed another wife of Bhrigu. Her name was Divya. In some places, she had also been named Usha. Shukracharya was born to her. That is why Shukracharya is also known as Ushan.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: akhl

[quote=bharat9] When did or in which Yug Sagar-menthan happened? [/quote]
Sagar manthan happened in Trata yuga.

Didn't Treta Yuga start after the death of Hiranyakashipu?  I thought that Hiranyaksha/Hiranyakashipu were in Satya Yuga, Ravana/Kumbhakarna in Treta Yuga & Sishupala/Dantavatra in the Dwapar Yuga

This content was originally posted by: akhl

[quote=bharat9]Mahalaxmi has always existed, but during the churning of ocean she appeared as Laxmi and married Lord Vishnu.
So the question is: How can they show /mention Laxmiji if churning of the ocean has not yet been taken place? [/quote]

Lord Vishnua and Laxmiji are eternal consorts. But, during churning of the ocean Lord Vishnu had incarnated as Ajit and an incarnation of Laxmiji appeared from the Sagar. They got married.

Was Ajit == Kurma in that case?

Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
akhl thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

Didn't Treta Yuga start after the death of Hiranyakashipu?  I thought that Hiranyaksha/Hiranyakashipu were in Satya Yuga, Ravana/Kumbhakarna in Treta Yuga & Sishupala/Dantavatra in the Dwapar Yuga[/quote]

Sagar manthan, as mentioned in Bhagavatam, happened when Bali was the king of Asuras. Bali came after Hiranyakashipu. Hiranyakashipu's son was Prahlad. Prahlad's son was Virochan and Virochan's son was Bali.

No. Rather Ajit was the one whom gods approached to protect them from demons and who advised for Sagar manthan. I mean Ajit was the one who is shown as Lord Vishnu during Sagar manthan. He appeared during sixth Manu. He created another Vaikuntha planet and lived there.

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vrish (or any one else) 

What is this stoy of Laksmi being the daughter of Bhrigu ? Wasn't it Bhrigu who kicked Vishnu in the chest therby angering Lakshmi who left Vaikunth and incarnated on earth as Padmavati- consort of Venkateshwara?
akhl thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: varaali

Vrish (or any one else) 

What is this stoy of Laksmi being the daughter of Bhrigu ? Wasn't it Bhrigu who kicked Vishnu in the chest therby angering Lakshmi who left Vaikunth and incarnated on earth as Padmavati- consort of Venkateshwara?

Laxmi, the daughter of Bhrigu, was an incarnation of the original Laxmi.