Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: VanityGirl

😲😲😲

What a stepdown for Mads! From endorsing those B-grade dishwashing bars to dancing at bars!

If I were you I wouldnt believe this dancing at bars report. And how would you define a B grade diswashing bar? What is an A grade diswashing bar?
-Mala- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
if madhuri wants a good film...she needs to stop taking up every random offer that comes her way. esp those food channels and sabuns and what not

she's reducing her worth herself...

itney kya jaldi hai? are they seriously outta money?

oh n plz get a stylist ASAP...soon critics won't b so nice.
Edited by -Mala- - 12 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mala-

if madhuri wants a good film...she needs to stop taking up every random offer that comes her way. esp those food channels and sabuns and what not

she's reducing her worth herself...

itney kya jaldi hai? are they seriously outta money?

oh n plz get a stylist ASAP...soon critics won't b so nice.

Agree on the Food Channel...that was a bad move IMO. But disagree on the other endorsements; her endorsements certainly stand out when you watch then on TV just like Juhi's endorsements stand out. Better stay in the limelight than be forgotten that she exists.
As for BW movies...the truth is there is no place for a 40+ mother of 2 in a commercial film. At best she might get offers to be cast opposite much older 60+ stars like Big B/Dharmendra playing mother/aunt to her former heroes. Every actress has faced this and I dont think Madhuri is different. She would look silly if she tried to compete with Katrina/Kareena. Even meaningful cinema might not help. But she is smart enough to stay in the limelight without being relegated to mother/sister/bhabhi roles. So be it!
jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah but is it worth moving back to India to do this? Her husband is a surgeon. Her kids were settled there. Why uproot them all for this? She had left at the right time. IMO, she should have stayed there and just flown in once a year to cash in on a few adverts and that JDJ dance show. That way, she gets some cash, keeps her lifestyle back in the US, keeps the mystique going and doesn't uproot her family.
TheRager thumbnail
^^^I'll buy her argument that she did it to give her kids an Indian upbringing. I have seen lot of my friends and relatives do that as they are not comfortable to the culture teenage kids gets exposed to in schools in USA.
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Seriously she should have gone to England where the fact that a woman isn't 20 doesn't automatically consign her to the autopsy pile. There maybe she could get some good chances to act.
Serously it's not surprising B'town isn't taken seriously by the rest of the world since the main raison d'etre for its film industry seems to be to make animated jack-mags for young guys.
While I don't deny that young guys need wank matrial there really could be other uses for women in cinema than that...and sometimes adult women have stories behind them---or at the least talent and experience.

In Bollywood one Sonam Kapoor is worth ten Meryl Streeps---Nuff said.
Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

But, what is the necessity of staying in the "limelight" by hawking 2-rupees dish-washing soaps and 5-rupees fabric conditioners? These products do not even boast of coming from Consumer Product giants like Hindustan Lever or Godrej. They have no brand value or market exclusivity.. I don't think people will even remember the names of these obscure products once they go to the Grocery store. The "limelight" doesn't seem to have any illuminating effect on her. It's not resulting in any films or any spurt of renewed public interest in her or her actions.

It would have been one thing if she was always in the advertisement scene, like Juhi, and it was a par-for-the-course action of someone who never left the public domain in the first place. But, for someone who had been gone from the public eye for almost a decade to come back for these paltry endorsements it just appear to be an act of desperation. Especially, for someone of the stature of Madhuri, whose name is still taken with so much reverence and awe by the general film-viewing public. Even without these soaps and conditioners, she will always occupy a place of glory and honor in the annals of Bollywood. Why attenuate her legacy by such actions of trivial pursuit? It's almost like watching Rekha suddenly pop up on our television screens to promote the newest variety of ear-buds.

TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: Relda

But, what is the necessity of staying in the "limelight" by hawking 2-rupees dish-washing soaps and 5-rupees fabric conditioners? These products do not even boast of coming from Consumer Product giants like Hindustan Lever or Godrej. They have no brand value or market exclusivity.. I don't think people will even remember the names of these obscure products once they go to the Grocery store. The "limelight" doesn't seem to have any illuminating effect on her. It's not resulting in any films or any spurt of renewed public interest in her or her actions.

How can a 5 rupee product of HLL be better than a 5 rupee product of an Indian company? IMO they are very much the same. I would have felt one was more downmarket than another if the brand endorser wasnt used properly. Madhuri's ads air on popular shows of popular GECs like SP, Colors, Zee. The air time for these GECs are the most expensive in India apart from a big cricket event like World Cup. The Madhuri's ads are shot by well known ad agencies and have good production value...atleast as good as any other Indian ad.
Coming to achieving renewed public interest thru ads-Who really gets that these days in the cluttered ad market? What are stars like SRK/Big B/Salman/Aamir/Kat/PC/Kareena/Hrithik/Kajol/Juhi achieving thru their ads apart from big bucks?

It would have been one thing if she was always in the advertisement scene, like Juhi, and it was a par-for-the-course action of someone who never left the public domain in the first place. But, for someone who had been gone from the public eye for almost a decade to come back for these paltry endorsements it just appear to be an act of desperation. Especially, for someone of the stature of Madhuri, whose name is still taken with so much reverence and awe by the general film-viewing public. Even without these soaps and conditioners, she will always occupy a place of glory and honor in the annals of Bollywood. Why attenuate her legacy by such actions of trivial pursuit? It's almost like watching Rekha suddenly pop up on our television screens to promote the newest variety of ear-buds.

What's the harm really? Someone like Dharmendra has almost as good a legacy as Big B. Yet everyone knows that Big B's place in BW is higher today simply because he has remained in the public domain hawking Navratna tel or Emami cream. Even Big B tried to stay in his ivory tower and stay away from endorsements at one point. But obviously that didnt work. For an actor its better to remain in the public domain than die forgotten in a remote hospital bed.

Edit add: Just checked...those who think Madhuri should only endorse foreign brands-Comfort Fabric softener endorsed by Madhuri is a Unilever brand. She also endorses an Olay product which is a foreign brand. These are just recent endorsements I can remember.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

If I were you I wouldnt believe this dancing at bars report. And how would you define a B grade diswashing bar? What is an A grade diswashing bar?

I'm not completely believing it. I think I should have added "If this is true" at the beginning. Now I did.

And I don't know about B-grade dishwashing bars. I was implying at the B-grade ads she's been doing.. like this one.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvqwFKQLs8o[/YOUTUBE]
shalini1323 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Since we are on the topic, I wanted to share some ads with you guys. There was a point where Emami named their products AFTER Madhuri.

And this is another cute Ad of Lux : Soorat bhi hain Khoobsurat bhi hain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Ctowsw2Hs&feature=related