Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Indians don't have a sense of humour - Vivaan Shah (Page 2)

Shaved Groupbie
Shaved
Shaved

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
That is very true. We take every little joke personally and often make big deal out of..

Edited by Shaved - 20 December 2011 at 2:12am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopterYusBee

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:52am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-bamboocopter

Nkapoor2 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

Yuvika_15 Moderator
Yuvika_15
Yuvika_15

The Chappal Free Head

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nkapoor2

I think he is judging Indian comedy with bollywood comic movies which are sadly highly ridiculous..in comparison american comedies and sitcoms are much more intelligent and humorous! all I would like to say like father like son..it is obvious that he will make a few tounge in the cheek remarks!
i agree... american comedies r much mre humourous n intelligent... they r on a dif level. bt m nt sure if its stil right 2 make a general comment tht indians dnt hav a sense of humour cos m sure they do...its like america's comedy is brilliant bt it dunt mean evry american has a sense of humour...i think its mre 2 do with an individual than their nationality
Yuvika_15 Moderator
Yuvika_15
Yuvika_15

The Chappal Free Head

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Some reactions to Russell Peter's attempts at humour:

i remember tht topic... esp the "i h8 bollywood" one...bt tht statement was contradicting...he was saying he's neva watched an indian movie bt thn sed he hates it...hw can u h8 summut u neva watched/seen...thts wt confused me... i think he cud hav rephrased his opinion better..

i remember an interview of aish with David Lettermen on YT wer he asked her hw many languages she can speak n she sed 4/5... n named thm bt excluded english n he sed "wow thts amazing, becos here in america we speak english" hinting 2 the fact tht she missed out tht she can speak english 2...n thn he made sum comment abt "older children in india living with their parents" n many ppl found tht offensive...evn tho i didnt think he meant it in an offensive way... Ouch i cud b wrong bt i didnt think he was being offensive in any way bt many found he was offensive...Confused
Nkapoor2 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged

Nkapoor2 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IwasaXXXstar

Originally posted by minnie.reet

Originally posted by IwasaXXXstar

It is true. Indians in general don't have a sense of humor. We get offended at every silly thing. No wonder Thackereys can start their gunda gardi anytime they find a joke offensive. Dead

thats not true yaarTongue ...e.g. if one non indian makes fun of Himesh and his singing , 2-3 indians bhi uske saath hoke uska fun banane lagte hain ...none brings nationality in this issue or try to prove Himmy good singer based on nationality Wink ...to hum kahan offend hote hain chhoti baton pe Tongue

Ofcourse I agree with you on that. But people like Reshammiya and Rakhi Sawant or KRK are butt of all jokes anyway. What I meant was when we poke fun at each other, its okay. When the North Indians and South Indians make jokes at each other's expense, its okay. But when some non-Indian does the same, it becomes a national issue. My point is if someone else makes fun of us, we get very touchy. Hence, we don't really have a sense of humor. 

Take the whole Slumdog millionaire thing for instance. Most of the Indian directors were pissed that Danny Boyle made the movie on Indian poverty and called it poverty po*n for the West. How is it that no one makes a huge hue and cry when Indian directors make movies on the same issues? Likewise with Russel Peters, when he makes fun of Indian accent or Aishwarya Rai or bollywood movies, people on this forum get really pissed. Or when Andrew Symonds in the big boss house spoke with an Indian accent on purpose, there were forum members that found it offensive even though it was meant to be funny.

Yep... Its true abt Desis in general... As long as others are made fun of they are a okay with it and join in the fun too... When it comes to them thats when they start crying out foul... LOL

And the worst of the lot are the ones with huge and inflated egos like the Netas and these Bollywood celebs... They just cant take anything remotely connected to humor without making a big fuss abt it...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashfan2010bamboocopterYusBeeLimitLessFanTheRager

Go to top