India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Agneepath sets Hrithik's stock soaring

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Hrithik Roshan's movie graph is definitely going upwards; judging especially with the amounts being paid for the satellite rights of his movies.

A few months ago the satellite rights of Krrish-3 were lapped up for an astounding amount; with RA.One closely trailing.

But the amazing news is that Dharma Productions has reportedly topped 'em all for the satellite rights of their January 26, 2012 release Agneepath.

Says trade analyst Taran Adarsh, "Satellite prices have been zooming up in recent times. But Agneepath has definitely set a record. While I'm not aware of the exact price that the rights have been sold for; I'm told it is an astounding figure.''

Taran adds, "I'm not shocked with this piece of information or the reported price because as I said earlier Hrithik's movie rights including that of Kites was picked up for a huge amount. The actor is one of our most dependable superstars and obviously there is a rush to buy the rights of his movies. To me, the month of January is looking exciting because of Agneepath."

Trade journal editor Vajir Singh adds, "Agneepath had the buzz from the time the first promo aired. It is a natural thing; you have so many A-listers associated with this film. The fact that Agneepath is a part of the Dharma bouquet and has actors like Hrithik, Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra in it is enough to give the trade and the general public an adrenaline rush. 2011 has been an exciting year at the movies; 2012, too, starts with a promise. By virtue of the fact that the film comes in the first month of the year and because it has bankable names in it, is on top of the list of the most exciting films of next year."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top