Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Uncharacteristically In Character??

abjbdishiuw thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
                                       "Never Judge A Book By It's Cover"

What has struck me as odd is how everyone in the show is behaving so out-of-character! Hats off to the creatives for giving us such layered and beautifully etched out characters!
Here's a list:

1. VIREN SINGH VADEHRA: When you fall in love you fall hard...Suits our man-boy to the core...Appeared to be someone for whom family and work were top most priorities...When cupid struck he ate up an entire bowl of kheer to save lady love from the ire of family members and was ready to ignore his work for a day(I know how some of you might say that he left his wife for work on the first night itself but bigadne mein thoda waqt tou lagta hai!)...His reaction when Jeevika was told to stay away by bua is CLASSIC!

2. MRS. JEEVIKA SINGH VADEHRA: The demure girl who'd not cross the line or would never tread forbidden paths for the sake of family ideals does have her sister's rebellious streak in her...Struck by the Dadaji's extremely autocratic rules Jeevika decides to break them on her very first day...Aakhir khoon ka rishta hai Maanvi jaisi thodi tou hogi! And ooh she can be such a tease when she wants with pati parmeshwar...

3. SWAMINI VADEHRA(?): Whatever be her past am guessing she still uses her maiden name...During the card game she came across as somebody extremely possessive about her nephew...She couldn't bear losing the game/him to his future wife...Her reaction to the kheer incident/Viren not paying attention to his work has been very positive and endearing to watch!
Maanvi though is a different ball game altogether!

4. VANSHIKA VADEHRA: The woman who came a close second in her son's life...Umm..no third...Now that he's married...For somebody who'd always taken the backseat when it came to her own son, it was heartwarming that it was she who noticed that he'd behaved weirdly by eating that kheer first and also her concern(she reacted before badi ma did) when he was sneezing...What still amazes me is how those thin shawls that didn't even cover the 4 women protected them from the cold:-D

5. DABINDER SINGH CHAUDHARY: The little brother who was always bullied by Maanvi turned protector...I always had a doubt about his IQ level...He had me fall for his intelligence(am already in lowe with his cuteness) when he caught Maanvi's little game!

SIDE RAMBLINGS:
Don't want to create another topic...These are some additional things that caught my eye:
What Maanvi mentioned to Jeevika about the sick man...For me it had two implications...One it showed the contrast with the amount of care taken when Viren fell ill to the condition of the man described...Two it raised the all important question about how everyone will react when Maanvi's illness is revealead...It could roll either ways!
I loved Virat in todays epi as always...Even though I've written the least about him he still amazes me for the maturity he showed yet again and how he doesn't let Mogambo get under skin...

Phew! That's long!

Xoxo

Edited by _Priyanka_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vishid thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Trust me thats not long. πŸ˜‰

Loved reading your post. It wasn't enough actually. πŸ˜†

Agree to each and every word you said. specially what you said about Vanshika. I am damn sure we will have a track which will include her, Swamini and Viren in future. May be Jeevika too πŸ˜•
-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
That is what is great about this show, every character has different layers. They are not one dimensional- good, bad and no redeeming qualities. The writers are good at showing realistic character and hinting at future plot lines.      
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
reserved.. will read n reply in a bitπŸ˜†

edit: succinct and well written.. you put your point across but unfortunately.. I am yet to watch todays epi to add on. .as it is.. I see Swamini differently.. and have more to add.. but its better I watch today as well..πŸ˜† 

as for your title and the popular idiom.. my take is Dont Judge.. PERIOD..so will be bak evening my time.. πŸ˜ƒ 3 more hrs to go..
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
desigirl_18 thumbnail
very well written! enjoyed reading ur post a lot about the characters!
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vishid

Trust me thats not long. πŸ˜‰

Loved reading your post. It wasn't enough actually. πŸ˜†

Agree to each and every word you said. specially what you said about Vanshika. I am damn sure we will have a track which will include her, Swamini and Viren in future. May be Jeevika too πŸ˜•

Hehe..I am generally too lazy to write...
Plus the winter cold!

As far as the track you mentioned I think so too..Specially coz in the brief it was given how Swamini's character is based on Maham Anga's character who was finally sidelined by Akbar coz of her nastiness towards Jodha...Let's see how it goes here...Specially coz a lot of the tracks in the serial are movie-inspired!
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ejaz_biggestfan

That is what is great about this show, every character has different layers. They are not one dimensional- good, bad and no redeeming qualities. The writers are good at showing realistic character and hinting at future plot lines.      

I know!

It's good to hv a show where the world is not all white and black...Where you sit up and say 'Really now? I didn't see that coming'
One of the best shows to hv hit the screen in recent times!
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sonali.19281

reserved.. will read n reply in a bitπŸ˜†

edit: succinct and well written.. you put your point across but unfortunately.. I am yet to watch todays epi to add on. .as it is.. I see Swamini differently.. and have more to add.. but its better I watch today as well..πŸ˜† 

as for your title and the popular idiom.. my take is Dont Judge.. PERIOD..so will be bak evening my time.. πŸ˜ƒ 3 more hrs to go..

You liked...Yayyy!
It's like passing an exam(I know am weird!)
Would love to know your take on Swamz!
I don't judge in real life but when it comes to television am real quick to form my favourites and all...which am realizing is not good...coz i've started liking Virika!
:)
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: desigirl_18

very well written! enjoyed reading ur post a lot about the characters!

Thanks..Am glad you liked it!
<3
abjbdishiuw thumbnail

Thankiee:)