•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Mods

Please have atleast two people moderating this forum. Most of the time some bashing starts and goes on and on and on for good 10 hours before a mod actually closes the topic.

i understand you have a life outside of the forum and that the bashers are really low lifes who have nothing better to do, but our forum "reacts" to every stupid bash and the members start acting like lunatics trying to shoo away the bashers.

it would behoove the MODs to be on the alert especially given that we have seen a rash of recent bashing posts and negative comments.

Please seriously consider moderating this forum to provide different time zone coverage.

Regards from a well wisher of the forum.

Hi, dear!
I understand where you're coming from but we need to give the Mods a good time frame of 24 hours. There needs to be some self moderation as well. I think if members stop replying to instigating posts and just report them, things won't be as bad😳
edited

u r right
Edited by -Neloufer- - 12 years ago
Minnu is doing her best!! She's doing a fantastic job. Keep it up hun! But we need to make sure we don't comment on any of the bashing posts 'cos the more we comment the more such topics will be made, if we just ignore it and simply report it these bashers will go away anyway. So I know its annoying and hard to ignore but we should try not to. x

Hello friends, I know i will get terse words from MODs for opening this topic because i realize its flouting IF rules. so be it.

If we expect mods to react within 24 hours, then how do we explain to hormone charged 13 to 20 year olds that they need to practice self-moderation when they see bashing topics? Please help me explain what purpose does closing the topic after 24 hours serve when the damage as already been done and everyone feels like they've just left the battle field licking their wounds?

if only we could all self moderate, we wouldnt be there would we.

And now a prime example of self moderation is commenting on this very topic. Raging hormones, thats all i can say.

Please DO NOT comment on this topic further. Let the mods close this topic, I certainly dont want to be agent-provocateur, a rebel without a cause.

SJ
I understand what you are saying but why do people comment and then have those threads of the first page for everyone to see, DONT COMMENT, hit the report button and let it be.  But no one seems to listen, these topics have more discussion then any other topics on the forum and why is that, why cant members just ignore the post and report and leave it, do you not realise that you are then doing what the TM wants and then actually breaking rules yourselves (not you specifically but the people who reply.)

If one person has mentioned the point in the thread what is the need then for 50 other people to say the same thing,  just because they are under 20 does not mean they dont have sense, i dont think we can use that as an excuse,  my neices are on the forum and they dont act in this manner and they fall into the the under 20 category.
Edited by Illyria - 12 years ago
ya i did apply to being a memeber of mods, but didnt hear back since 2 months now
Julu's said the words from my mouth above.

Such members just need to be ignored, that's what they come to the forum and cause so much drama for. They just like to attention seek.

Closed.