India-Forums

Maryada
Maryada

19th Dec (Page 2)

urcrazy Senior Member
urcrazy
urcrazy

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
This drama is amazing...depicts reality of oppression!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

forestryKhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
There is another possibility.  

As Vidya's mother led Vidya's father away, he demanded she tell him.  And she tells him basically what the doctor said, that Gaurav has never been with Vidya.  

But I don't know... his anger seemed way  than that.  Yes that itself would lead to anger, but if it's just an inability to perform, it could also have been a revelation to Gaurav after marriage. (Not that the men really expect other men to be celibate till marriage.)   The way her father was sure and angry that Gaurav married Vidya knowing his "state" makes me believe he understood what Gaurav was trying to say.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

indiaforums1234forestryBheegiBasantiFIZK6-mina-

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Arshie...yup...based on Vidya's dad's final reaction, that is the writer's intent...they meant to show that he understood what Gaurav's being gay meant. The initial reaction was not consistent with that...for me! Ermm LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

indiaforums1234forestryKhatamKahani

leo4ever IF-Rockerz
leo4ever
leo4ever

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
i just hope vidya doesnt again say that i will stick with him and then again coz him more pain/ guilt. and he breaks up with karan agian. i hope she takes a divorce and unites karan and gaurav . i know not fair for her, but the way she is clinging on to guarav is further spoiling their life
anusha.cochin IF-Rockerz
anusha.cochin
anusha.cochin

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
I too hope Vidya wont tel dat she wil sacrifice for Gaurav

anyways first tym watchng dis much of speed in a serial...
-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

Originally posted by indiaforums1234

Based on the father's first reaction, where he said something like, what is this gay, what is the disease?, it didn't seem like he knew what being gay was.

But what did Vidya's mother know and how did she explain to the father after she took him away for a private talk? From what's been shown in the past, Vidya never clearly explained to her mother what the issue was. 

That is what I felt too...he did not seem to connect with the word "gay" at all initially. I was shocked to see him come back shouting.

i think you guys are right that he didn't connect the word and meaning initially, but when he came back and said something like "people like you should be burned," to me it was clear that somehow he got to understand that gaurav prefers men.

Originally posted by likarsh

There is another possibility.  

As Vidya's mother led Vidya's father away, he demanded she tell him.  And she tells him basically what the doctor said, that Gaurav has never been with Vidya.  

But I don't know... his anger seemed way  than that.  Yes that itself would lead to anger, but if it's just an inability to perform, it could also have been a revelation to Gaurav after marriage. (Not that the men really expect other men to be celibate till marriage.)   The way her father was sure and angry that Gaurav married Vidya knowing his "state" makes me believe he understood what Gaurav was trying to say.

yeah, especially since we don't know what Vidya's mother knows, it's interesting to consider what she might have said. I really doubt that Vidya's father thought it was only an issue of inability to perform - I would expect more man-to-man sympathy and awkwardness about the issue of impotence, rather than the rage-filled confrontation...I agree with what you concluded, that his comments about Gaurav knowingly ruining Vidya's life show that he understood what the problem between them is.
FIZK6 IF-Sizzlerz
FIZK6
FIZK6

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Initially Vidyas father did not know what gay meant. But once her mother took him to the side and told him he clearly understood. But when did Vidyas mother find out  Confused
anusha.cochin IF-Rockerz
anusha.cochin
anusha.cochin

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 5:02am | IP Logged
ya...how cum vidyas ma know d meaning of 'gay'?

i rem wen longbak vidya told ma dat gaurav loves his friends karan only...her ma replied wats wrong in loving a friend...and vidya was fed up of making her understand the meaning of gay

as far as i knw vidyas ma only know dat garurav cant give her a child...but dnt knw dat he is gay

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maryada Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index