Maryada

19th Dec

anonymous4 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
After seeing today's episode I'm shocked and happy at the pace the show is moving at! In the same episode Gaurav revealed his truth and Imli found out about Brahma and Uttara's affair. I have to say the show is doing amazing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manny136 thumbnail
loved tht imli saw with her own eyes about uttara and brahma n is on  dev's side and  now priya wants adi to talk to brahma ðŸ˜† brahma might have to take a pill after all the info he gets coz if he wants to stay good in adi's mind he'll have to accept gaurav's truth lets c wat happens gaurav's truth comes out first or the divorce on uttara's b-day
forestry thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yes quite interesting with the pace as it is going at now.  Difficult to predict turn of events.  Amazing that Vidya's father didn't know what gay was.  Goes to show that even in todays society, some people are still ignorant about such relationships.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: forestry

yes quite interesting with the pace as it is going at now.  Difficult to predict turn of events.  Amazing that Vidya's father didn't know what gay was.  Goes to show that even in todays society, some people are still ignorant about such relationships.

I'm not so sure he didn't know. It seemed like he didn't connect "gay" with his knowledge till a bit later.  I can't imagine that Vidya's mother would've said it to him; she would most likely just try to avoid it and say they'll deal with it in the morning.
Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
indiaforums1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Based on the father's first reaction, where he said something like, what is this gay, what is the disease?, it didn't seem like he knew what being gay was.

But what did Vidya's mother know and how did she explain to the father after she took him away for a private talk? From what's been shown in the past, Vidya never clearly explained to her mother what the issue was. 

KhatamKahani thumbnail
From what I gather he knew what gay is.  He just didn't connect the term "gay" to it.  Surely he's heard of the term before here and there, they have access to a television. They're not totally isolated.  It just took him a bit to make that connection.  

If Gaurav had used the Sanskrit term, I suspect he would've understood straight away.  

I'm not sure exactly what Vidya's mother knows. It's a little ambiguous.
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: indiaforums1234

Based on the father's first reaction, where he said something like, what is this gay, what is the disease?, it didn't seem like he knew what being gay was.

But what did Vidya's mother know and how did she explain to the father after she took him away for a private talk? From what's been shown in the past, Vidya never clearly explained to her mother what the issue was. 

That is what I felt too...he did not seem to connect with the word "gay" at all initially. I was shocked to see him come back shouting.
urcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This drama is amazing...depicts reality of oppression!!
KhatamKahani thumbnail
There is another possibility.  

As Vidya's mother led Vidya's father away, he demanded she tell him.  And she tells him basically what the doctor said, that Gaurav has never been with Vidya.  

But I don't know... his anger seemed way  than that.  Yes that itself would lead to anger, but if it's just an inability to perform, it could also have been a revelation to Gaurav after marriage. (Not that the men really expect other men to be celibate till marriage.)   The way her father was sure and angry that Gaurav married Vidya knowing his "state" makes me believe he understood what Gaurav was trying to say.
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Arshie...yup...based on Vidya's dad's final reaction, that is the writer's intent...they meant to show that he understood what Gaurav's being gay meant. The initial reaction was not consistent with that...for me! 🤔 😆