Meri Maa

Article-New channel Life OK launched

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

New channel Life OK launched, Madhuri Dixit to be sutradhaar

NEW DELHI: Star India's new channel Life OK goes on air Sunday with Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit being the 'sutradhaar'. The stories will have compelling content that flows from the philosophy that 'Life is Ok', and ad breaks are kept shorter.

"Life OK is a unique name which is in itself a statement of its philosophy, compelling content that flows from that philosophy and an unprecedented focus to cater to the viewer's needs," Star India CEO Uday Shankar said in a statement.

"We found that viewers wanted better value for their time. Hence the stories on Life OK will be told seven days a week and will feature three stories every hour. People often said that they did not understand why we were doing a certain story and hence Madhuri Dixit will be the 'sutradhar' - a completely novel introduction on Life OK," Shankar added.

The channel also promises to have shorter ad breaks.

"Everybody that we spoke to said that they wanted shorter ad breaks, so Life OK will have the shortest ad breaks for any channel anywhere in this country," Shankar said.

Being a 'sutradhaar', Madhuri will guide viewers about the stories on the channel and its link to the channels philosophy.

The shows cover a wide spectrum of emotions - "Meri Maa" pays tribute to special bond between a mother and a child; "Mahadev" is about Lord Shiva's journey; "Saubhagyavati Bhava" shows the sorrow of a young woman whose parents focused on external appearances while choosing her life partner; "Smile Please" shares that the glue that binds a family is the values and not the money; and "Tum Dena Saath Mera" will show how simple joys of life have become casualties of materialistic world.

And there will be " Sach Ka Saamna", hosted by Rajeev Khandelwal, which will put the spotlight on pervasive moral and economic corruption.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madhuri Dixit turns anchor on Life OK channel

The channel, where Madhuri Dixit's stint would last si
x months, will go on air from Sunday.

RELATEDS

Madhuri Dixit is all set to appear as an anchor to launch a new entertainment channel called Life OK.

Denying the speculation that she was the channel's official partner, she said she was only anchoring it to launch it to the masses. "I am not a business partner," Madhuri told Mail Today.

The actress's job will be that of a storyteller or "brand philosopher". "The channel will have value-based shows. I'll be the 'sutradhar ' and will interpret and discuss the shows with the viewers," Madhuri said.

The channel, where the actress's stint would last six months, will go on air from Sunday.

It is the first project Madhuri has undertaken after returning to India from the US in October, with her two sons and husband Dr S. Nene.

She seems to have been roped in for Life OK looking at her small screen outing last year on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa, which had a decent viewership.

Life OK is being launched by Star India Pvt Ltd, which has drawn the curtains on its eight-year-old Hindi channel Star One.

The new channel will also mark the return of the controversial reality show Sach Ka Samna-Bhrashtachar Ke Khilaf Sach Ki Awaz. In its second season, anchor-actor Rajeev Khandelwal will grill participants on the basis of their honesty at the workplace.

Life OK will also have social dramas such as Meri Maa, Saubhagyavati Bhav, Tum Dena Saath Mera and a mythological show called Devon Ka Dev Mahadev.

"I always felt there were several issues which needed answers. We want to discuss with the viewers matters such as corruption, wife abuse and domestic violence, without being preachy," Madhuri said.

She agreed that the family shows to be aired on the channel are not radically different from the ones shown on other channels. But, she said: "We can't suddenly change the audience's taste. Since the Indian audience is used to watching family shows, we need to offer rich stories and bring to the fore thought-provoking issues which are not widely discussed by the middle-class."

Madhuri seems to have found the small screen a safer option as she earlier anchored a Zee TV cookery reality show, Food Food Maha Challenge , with chef Sanjeev Kapoor.

"Since I have returned to India, my priority is to make my children comfortable and give them more time. So I am picking projects judiciously," she said.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/madhuri-dixit-to-anchor-shows-on-life-ok-channel/1/164674.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought of posting so that people can know why and what the channel has to offer

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bithee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
its nice, but i feel, its shows seems like old serials which is repeting again. i mean i dont know but its video is not good but i really liked mahadev and its video quality. but others seems like old serials which is telecasted again. life ok for me  is just ok not extraordinary. but i loved the song meri ma. its soo good and touched my heart.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Their main focus seems to be to show small town stories which have a lot of depth and simple reasoning..

I liked a couple of them , which seemed to have  concepts what  people want to trace back and see how happiness, sorrow or anxiety builds up between individuals and catering to small and big dimensions in society . Many values and orientations maybe old yet it needs to be revisisted  from time to time so  refrshing may be the criteria of the channel